Options

Lost my jobseekers book

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
Hey,
I have to sign on (every two weeks) and was looking for my jobseekers book and the thing is, I couldnt for the life of me find it :confused: It just seemed to have gone missing. Can someone use your booklet and steal your identity or something? :o
I went to the JC and they gave me a new jobseekers sheet (I'll get a new book tomorrow apparently) but I worried what will happen with the other one :blush:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they still have your national insurance number on them? That would be my main concern.

Did you tell the Jobcenter you lost it? What did they say?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They seemed very understanding saying "It happens all the time" and that quite a lot of people in my local JCP knew me and told me not to worry, and I'd get a new one.
    The worry about my NI number being on them was the first thing that popped into my head though :blush:
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you'll be sanctioned
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose if you've reported it missing then you have covered yourself.

I am not sure what, if anything, someone can do with your national insurance number. I'm sure someone else here will know.

I would try not to worry too much. Chances are it'll turn up up home or it's now on it's way to a landfill site.
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »

What makes you say that?
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »

No they won't.

They'll just issue a new one.

Happens all the time at my jc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks MaglLisu :) It was the NI thing I was most concerned about with the loss of the JS/signing on book but they (at JC) didnt seem too worried or concerned when I told them.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

It's a loss of an official document.
    Sanctioning might be just the start.
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have to sign on (every two weeks) and was looking for my jobseekers book and the thing is, I couldnt for the life of me find it :confused: It just seemed to have gone missing. Can someone use your booklet and steal your identity or something? :o
    I went to the JC and they gave me a new jobseekers sheet (I'll get a new book tomorrow apparently) but I worried what will happen with the other one :blush:

Is this the wee book you are given to jot your applications in?

I was told a printed copy of my spreadsheet was fine when I was hunting a couple of years back...

(The cheap paper they use in the booklets is hopeless for people who write with a fountain pen.)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    You wont be sanctioned as long as you don't lose it every 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this the wee book you are given to jot your applications in?

I was told a printed copy of my spreadsheet was fine when I was hunting a couple of years back...

(The cheap paper they use in the booklets is hopeless for people who write with a fountain pen.)

BIB: Yeah, that's right, thats what I meant :) Thank you :)
    They told me they can give me another one tomorrow and it should be fine. I've never lost it before now though :D:blush:
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    BIB: Yeah, that's right, thats what I meant :) Thank you :)
    They told me they can give me another one tomorrow and it should be fine. I've never lost it before now though :D:blush:

Oooo you meant that book. I thought you meant the little one you hand over at the main desk when you go to sign on. :blush:

I always write mine down on A4 paper as those boxes in that booklet are way too small to record all job search details.
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

It isn't an official document as such, you can write your jobsearch on anything, it doesn't have to be on one of their forms.

Op as long as you can provide job search info that meets your job seekers agreement or claimant commitment you will be fine
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Not helpful. Nor factual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went in today and it was fine, apparently I left my book behind the last time :blush: Or they just gave me a new booklet. They said they didnt do the plastic holder thingies anymore though, discontinued them a long time ago.