The Saturdays' Appreciation Thread

Comments

• hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I'm loving 'Work' at the minute! Its so good!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's one of the best songs on the album! Can't wait for it to be released as a single! I'm not sure when it's being released though. I know they're doing a song for Comic Relief and that's coming out in March (see my other thread) so I don't know when they would be releasing Work.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving 'Work' at the minute! Its so good!
    It's brilliant, one of my favourites on the album. :D
    I can't pick an actual favourite though, I love all the songs so much. That's rare for me. :o

I really hope when Work is released it can get to #1! With each song they seem to get a higher chart placing than the last so lets hope Work does it. :cool:
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when 'Work' will be released? Am greatly anticipating the video ... I think it'll be lots of fun, something along the lines of 'Up' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/blog/thesound/

I think it's absolutely fantastic! It's shows a more fun side to them! :D

Vanessa looks very much like Tatyana M. Ali (Ashley Banks from the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' in her grown up years!)

I'm really eager for this video! :D

I LOVE THE SATURDAYS!!!!!! :D
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Does anyone know when 'Work' will be released? Am greatly anticipating the video ... I think it'll be lots of fun, something along the lines of 'Up' :D

Yeah I hope so! Just looking at the artwork for "Just Can't Get Enough!" It's fantastic! Can't wait for the song to be released! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleb wrote: »

Vanessa looks very much like Tatyana M. Ali (Ashley Banks from the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' in her grown up years!)

Oh I LOVE that.

It's fun & cheesy. :D I'm glad they're doing the Comic Relief single - they seem to be going from strength to strength at the moment. I can't wait to hear it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why weren't they wearing a red nose for the cover though, considering it was for comic relief?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleb wrote: »

Looks absolutely fab :D:D
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I read they are going to try crack the US this year. Hope they do it
    Forum Member
    dirrrty wrote: »
    I read they are going to try crack the US this year. Hope they do it

I certainly hope so too! Up was already used for an Ugly Betty trailer so there's a good chance The Saturdays might crack the US soon! I'd say they'd do very well over there! :D:D:D:cool:
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly hope so too! Up was already used for an Ugly Betty trailer so there's a good chance The Saturdays might crack the US soon! I'd say they'd do very well over there! :D:D:D:cool:

I've got a question about this....but I'll start a thread so as not to disrupt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Hey! i love the saturdays :D
    heard they are performing tomorrow night on Dancing on ice. Anyone know what they will be singing?
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I'm buying their album tommorow. I love all 3 singles they have released so decided it's time i splashed out :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have played Issues on Z100, a HUGE US radio station today!!!:D
    Forum Member
    I've got a question about this....but I'll start a thread so as not to disrupt.

:confused::confused:
    heard they are performing tomorrow night on Dancing on ice. Anyone know what they will be singing?

Hopefully "If This Is Love" or "Up". I don't normally watch Dancing on Ice but if the Saturdays are on it then I'll watch. Welcome to DS by the way! :)
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »

Wow! GO SATURDAYS! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am absolutely hopeful The Saturdays do well in America. I think they might, Pop is big over there at the moment!

As for the 'Up' and the Ugly Betty trailer, I searched for it a little while ago but couldn't find it?
    Forum Member
    I think it was for an episode in Season 2 or something. Hogs Head, if you want I'll look for it and maybe PM you the link when I find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, great. I reckon it'll be Issues. :)
    Awesome!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member

great!:D That's one of the biggest radio stations in the US i heard. :)
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's Up as Fred and Melinda are skating to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    it might be their comic relief single, i dont know if it's too early to be performing/promoting it though...
    failing that, Issues i think. Unless they release Work with Just Can't Get Enough, then maybe they'll perform that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Up as Fred and Melinda are skating to it.

It is Up! :D The Saturdays went to rehearsals with Fred and Melinda to teach her the 'Up' routine

Here is a link:- http://programmes.stv.tv/dancing-on-ice/news-gossip/74506-melinda-learns-sexy-dance-moves-from-the-saturdays/

I could teach her it! Haha! :D I know the whole routine perfectly. I'm always doing it with my fellow Thespians when we're warming up before rehearsals! :D

The video for 'Just Can't Get Enough' should be appearing soon!
  • FenixxFenixx Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Whoever gets The Saturdays some of these gigs needs a raise, they clearly do a wonderful job. I'm amazed at some of the high profile places they show up already. I'm surprised they didn't get a BRITs performance slot before Girls Aloud to be honest. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Just Can't Get Enough' is Song of the Day on PopJustice - sounds really good IMO, nice and upbeat but I don't think it would have fitted well on 'Chasing Lights'.
This discussion has been closed.