The different types of DS posters........

Theres different kinds of DS posters,to begin with theres 'the loony' you know, the ones who make nonsensical threads, saying things like:
I went swimming got there hahaha, couldn't believe it when he did it, but then again dont suppose he will again will he such a tool hahaha lolz

I made the above one up, but there have been some seriously weird nonsensical threads on DS over the years lol.

Then theres 'The skeptic' the ones who pick holes in other peoples threads, doubting everything they say and try to find any inconsistency.

Then we have 'The condescender', the poster who will try to belittle your post/thread, just for the sake of it and use this guy : :rolleyes: a lot!

Anymore? Let's have 'em.............

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grammar and punctuation police.
  • Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    You're wrong. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: lmao

Sent from my iPad

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The grammar and punctuation police.

How could I forget lol,

The ones who point out grammar and spelling mistakes, are usually losing a debate! :D
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres different kinds of DS posters,to begin with theres 'the loony' you know, the ones who make nonsensical threads, saying things like:

I made the above one up, but there have been some seriously weird nonsensical threads on DS over the years lol.

Then theres 'The skeptic' the ones who pick holes in other peoples threads, doubting everything they say and try to find any inconsistency.

Then we have 'The condescender', the poster who will try to belittle your post/thread, just for the sake of it and use this guy : :rolleyes: a lot!

I think I'm a skeptic but I don't pick holes, well not that many. :o
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like things to make sense, if it doesn't, I pick holes. Just as I would do in real life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The posters who like to post graphic details of animal cruelty.

The evangelical atheist.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh, the Jordan/ Peter/ Cheryl Cole defenders who can see no wrong in their idols.

Makes me despair. :(
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh, the Jordan/ Peter/ Cheryl Cole defenders who can see no wrong in their idols.

I stuck up for Cheryl Cole a few times lol, she's not my idol, but I don't like the despicable things that some post, so I felt the need to say something against it, but I would be the same with anyone, not just Cheryl Cole lol
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posters who constantly post twitter links/newspaper non-story links (big story newspaper links okay).

'This' or 'I agree' grrrrrrr.

Condescending rubbish when there is actually no point to their post just a differing opinion (chucking in the word of the day to make it look like they are right).

At least a lot of the grammar police disappear for a few days. ;)
    Forum Member
    The overanalyser: The poster who posts about posters.
    Forum Member
    Mike Hawke wrote: »
    The overanalyser: The poster who posts about posters.

:o Shawks

:D
    Forum Member
    :o Shawks

:D

It had to be done!!
    Forum Member
    It had to be done!!

That told me, you rebel you!!!!!!
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had to be done!!

The point out the obvious poster.

The worst though has to be (and happens everyday) read the OP, skip a dozen pages and reply usually repeating what has been said 10 pages back.
    Forum Member
    The point out the obvious poster.

The worst though has to be (and happens everyday) read the OP, skip a dozen pages and reply usually repeating what has been said 10 pages back.

That is very irritating.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail readers
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How could I forget lol,

The ones who point out grammar and spelling mistakes, are usually losing a debate! :D

They also correct me whilst their own post is littered with mistakes. :D The very post that is telling me I have made a mistake is littered with errors. :eek: It's happened numerous times.

I do love the fact that other posters always point it out. :)
    Forum Member
    The Maverick (me)

The one-post wonder, they post once in the Noob thread at the top then disappear! What is it that puts them off?

The lurker, kind of like the one-post wonder only they pop their head round the door once every four years or so, make a large number of posts in a short space of time then disappear again.
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail readers

Ahhh yes, you may expect them to make such posts as :
    Immigrants, people on benefits, dog poo, working class people, overweight people, facebook, the nhs, women,russell brand, teenagers, foreigners and mobile phones are RUINING this country for the middle class!

Heres a link to prove it.........

Or something along those lines :D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quilty. I was suffering from a massive case of boredom and started one.
    People thought I was a poster with multiple accounts here. I didn't get upset that they thought I was a Troll but I was a bit insulted that people thought I would be such a rubbish Troll.

That one is kinda subjective. I'm sure there are many posts were people have thought I was being condescending when I wasn't but there are also other posts where I know they have just tried to wear me down :mad: :rolleyes: I never gave in though. This is the internet and fighting your corner is paramount to your self esteem :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    The stoner/pro-drugs posters who like to make a point of telling us all about their extensive knowledge and personal experience with every type of illicit drug known to man.
    Everytime one pops up in a thread I roll my eyes and think "I bet the most drugged up that guy has ever been is on 2 paracetamols and a pro-plus" :p
    Forum Member
    Quilty. I was suffering from a massive case of boredom and started one.

That is subtle genius lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member

Is there still a poster around who defends Kerry Katona? :eek: I really dispaired at her, I had to leave the showbiz forum for a lie-down each time our paths crossed!
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is subtle genius lol :D
    I aim to please :D I notice you didn't add to the important discussion so my genius didn't work this time :cry:
    Forum Member
    The upper case-phobic/broken keyboard posters. they type like this with no capital letters or punctuation and leave out the full stop at the end of sentences welcome to my ignore list you illiterate clowns

The "hurr i love drugs me" crowd, as mentioned above, tend to favour this style. They think it makes them look proper edgy.