Options

How old was Johnny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
How old was Johnny Depp when he did his first film, A Nightmare on Elm Street? Was he in his early 20s? He looked so different back then (He looked like a little kid lol! http://www.ohjohnny.net/nightmare/MrAugust.jpg) and I loved his death scene!

I thought it was cool when he did a cameo in the sixth film (a year after Edward Scissorhands) but laughed when he got hit in the face with a frying pan by Freddy Krueger! :p (How Classic!)

Comments

• Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film was released in November 1984. Depp turned 21 in June 1984, so depending when principal photography was completed, he could have been either 20 or 21.

You're quite right that he was gorgeous either way - and in one of his next films, a puerile teen comedy called Private Resort shot in 1985, he had quite a lengthy nude scene offering several views of his surprisingly callipygian bumcheeks. Just in case you'd be interested :)
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another little factoid: Wes Craven assumed Depp wouldn't want to do New Nightmare, so left him out of it, then a year later ran into him and Depp asked why he hadn't been approached as he'd wanted to do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Another little factoid: Wes Craven assumed Depp wouldn't want to do New Nightmare, so left him out of it, then a year later ran into him and Depp asked why he hadn't been approached as he'd wanted to do it.

Already knew about that lol, I'm a huge Nightmare and Johnny fan :) It would've been nice to see him on New Nightmare
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sign that his film choices really are going down hill
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was very young that is for sure.