Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2015: Into The Groove III

Comments

• Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone, launch show in a few minutes! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and welcome to the launch of Strictly: Into The Groove 2015!

Charlie Brooks and Karren Brady both took home the glitter ball last year and now it’s time to see how will follow in their footsteps and be crowned the Strictly champion of series 3!

Before we meet the couples let meet the feisty foursome who will accompany us on our journey! Please welcome...

Craig Revel-Horwood!

Darcey Bussell!

Len Goodman!

Bruno Tonioli!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now we’ve meet the judges we have 14 celebrities and 14 dancers including two newbies and they are all nervously waiting to find out who their partner is! So let’s meet the stars of our show!

Daytime TV Host, Trisha Goddard
    Film Actor, Matthew Lewis
    Singer, Charlotte Church
    Actor, Russell Tovey
    Fashion designer and activist, Stella McCartney, OBE
    Rugby player, Ben Foden
    Coronation Street star, Sol Heras
    American actor, Zach Roerig
    Footballing legend, Alan Shearer OBE, DL
    Soap guru, Sharon Marshall
    Youtuber and Author, Zoe Sugg
    Star of screen and stage, Penelope Wilton, OBE
    From Doctors, Jan Pearson
    And Boyzone’s, Ronan Keating
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First to find out their partners are Matthew, Alan and Russell!

Matthew: Hey, my name is Matthew Lewis! I am most known for playing Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter series, I’ve done a bit of film work since but nothing has been able to prepare me for Strictly! I’m really looking forward to the experience and can’t wait to get stuck in!

Alan: I am Alan Shearer and I am a footballer. I’ve played for England as well as Blackburn Rovers, Southampton and Newcastle United and I even managed Newcastle for a while. I’m used to having someone shouting at me so Strictly should be no different! My football career ended in 2006 so I can’t wait to get stuck into new things!

Russell: Hello there, my name’s Russell Tovey and I am an actor. I’ve been in Him & Her, Doctor Who, Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents, Being Human, Gavin & Stacey and I was even in The Muppets movie as well as quite a lot more. I’ve wanted to do Strictly for a while and I am really pleased I now have a chance!

Matthew, you will be dancing with...... Iveta Lukosuite!

Alan, you partner is..... Kristina Rihanoff!

Russell, hoping to win you the glitter ball is.... Joanne Clifton!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up are Charlotte, Penelope and Sharon!

Charlotte:
    Hey, I’m Charlotte Church, my big break was when I was only eleven and since then I’ve released six albums, I’ve also done a bit of acting and hosted my own television show. My two kids are thrilled I am doing Strictly and they’ll love watching me on Saturday night!

Penelope: My name is Penelope Wilton, I’ve been in the entertainment industry for over 40 years and I’ve loved every second. I’ve been in films such as Shaun of the dead and Price & Prejudice, I’ve been in TV shows such as Downton Abbey and Doctor Who as well as participating in many plays. I’ve done theatre training so I guess that makes me a ‘dirty ringer’ as I believe they are called, I’d like to prove that older woman can still boogie on the dance floor!

Sharon: Greetings! I am Sharon Marshall and you can often see me on This Morning on ITV talkin about soaps. I’m really lookin forward to Strictly as it seems like a really fun thing to do and I can’t wait to get started! I really love all the dresses an stuff, I may not be the best at dancin but I cannot wait to give it a go!

Charlotte, you shall strut your stuff with.... Tristan MacManus!

Penelope, your dancing partner is.... Kevin Clifton!

Sharon, will you lift the glitter ball with.... Pasha Kovalev!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it’s time to welcome our two new professional dancers! Dancing a Charleston, please welcome Derek Hough and Chelsie Hightower!

-Derek Hough and Chelsie Hightower dance a Charleston to Yakety Yak-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now back to our remaining eight! Please welcome Ronan, Zoe, Jan and Zach!

Ronan:
    I’m from Irish boy band Boyzone and my name is Ronan Keating. As a group we have had 6 albums and 24 singles. 3 of our albums reached number 1 in Ireland and as a group we also have 9 number one singles. I also went on to have a solo career. I am a bit nervous about Strictly but I’ll hopefully have my Boyzone Buddies to support me!

Zoe: Hello, my name is Zoe Sugg, I don’t think older viewers will recognise me as I am a Youtuber and Beauty Blogger. I really enjoy vlogging on Youtube and I love making videos for my over 7 million subscribers. I also wrote a book which is available in all good bookshops called Girl Online. I’m going to try really hard at dancing as I don’t want to let my partner down!

Jan: I’m Jan Pearson and I play Karren Hollins in a BBC soap called Doctors. My co-stars Elisabeth Dermot-Walsh and Matthew Chambers all appeared on this show and they both had a wonderful time. I hope I’ll try and live up to their standard as I’m gonna try really hard and hopefully try and not stumble over, I do have two left feet but I won’t let that hold me back!

Zach: Hey, as you can probably detect from the accent I am American, my name is Zach Roerig and I am an actor. I’ve appeared in American soaps as well as The Vampire Diaries. I’ve flown over to England as I really wanna learn how to dance, I don’t wanna do all the weird jazz and contemporary stuff on Dancing With The Stars so I hope my partner is traditional and likes to play by the rules!

Ronan, please put your best foot forward for..... Anya Garnis!

Zoe, you may be used to working with Alfie Deyes but your Strictly partner is.... Derek Hough!

Jan, the doctor to your nurse is.... Anton Du Beke!

Zach, you will be dancing alongside the fabulous... Chelsie Hightower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now it’s time for another very special performance, please welcome series two winners Karren Brady and Kevin Clifton!

-Karren Brady & Kevin Clifton dance the American Smooth to Hollywood-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now onto our final four are Trisha, Sol, Stella & Ben!

Trisha:
    Me name is Trisha Goddard and I’ve ‘osted a few daytime morning TV shows which have been named after me. I’ve also done a bit of actin and some writin and I wrote my own autobiography. I’ve even started my own television company which is great fun! Strictly is gonna be great fun and I will take it more seriously than people expect!

Sol: Hey, I’m Sol Heras, I’m 28 and I’m known for playing Ryan Connor in Coronation Street. I’m really excited to do some new things as I’ve only ever really done acting so this should be great! I’m not a natural dancer, I can bop in clubs but I’ve never really tried to tango or cha cha or whatever you call it. Regardless, I can’t wait to get stuck in and dance!

Stella: Hello, I’m Paul McCartney’s daughter Stella, as well as that I am a fashion designer, my clothes have been modelled by the fabulous Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell. I love all the glitter on the Strictly outfits and I can’t wait to strut them on the dance floor. I’m a photographer and an animal rights activist as well, animals are lovely and we should treat them as equal!

Ben: I am Ben Foden, I am a rugby player, I’m currently dating Saturday’s member Una Healy as well as representing Northampton Saints. Aoife, our child is very excited to see daddy dancing and we’re also expecting another child this year. I’m not used to wearing glitter or fake tan or even doing a choreographed routine so Strictly will be very out of my comfort zone but I am eager to start!

Trisha, your Strictly partner is.... Aljaz Skorjanec!

Sol, will there be any drama with.... Ola Jordan!?

Stella, you shall come together and twist and shout with... Robin Windsor!

So Ben, you are with... Natalie Lowe!
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Ronan/Charlotte/Alan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we have partnered our 14 couples, now it’s time for them to dance a group dance with their new partners. We have two very special guests, singing ‘Kids’, please welcome Robbie Williams and Series 2 contestant Kylie Minouge along with the cast of Strictly: Into The Groove 2015.....

Daytime TV Host, Trisha Goddard & Aljaz Skorjanec
    Film Actor, Matthew Lewis & Iveta Lukosuite
    Singer, Charlotte Church & Tristan MacManus
    Actor, Russell Tovey & Joanne Clifton
    Fashion designer and activist, Stella McCartney, OBE & Robin Windsor
    Rugby player, Ben Foden & Natalie Lowe
    Coronation Street star, Sol Heras & Ola Jordan
    American actor, Zach Roerig & Chelsie Hightower
    Footballing legend, Alan Shearer OBE, DL & Kristina Rihanoff
    Soap guru, Sharon Marshall & Pasha Kovalev
    Youtuber and Author, Zoe Sugg & Derek Hough
    Star of screen and stage, Penelope Wilton, OBE & Kevin Clifton
    From Doctors, Jan Pearson & Anton Du Beke
    And Boyzone’s, Ronan Keating & Anya Garnis

-Group dance-

See you in three weeks (/tommorow) when our couples will dance a Waltz, a Cha Cha Cha, a Tango or a Foxtrot! No one will be eliminated until show two and all scores will be rolled over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trisha and Aljaz to have steamy, raunchy sexual intercourse halfway through the season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    Trisha and Aljaz to have steamy, raunchy sexual intercourse halfway through the season!

The rumba's been dropped but we'll see. ;-)
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    The rumba's been dropped but we'll see. ;-)

Contemporary!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to week one of Strictly: Into The Groove! We have our fourteen couples but only 6 will dance tonight, but let’s introduce them all anyway!

From Doctors, Jan Pearson & Anton Du Beke
    And Boyzone’s, Ronan Keating & Anya Garnis

Dancing tonight are the lovely Zoe Sugg, Ben Foden, Matthew Lewis, Charlotte Church, Jan Pearson and Alan Shearer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening the series is Zoe Sugg and Derek Hough!

Zoe In Training:
    It feels incredible to be on Strictly, it is a once in the lifetime opportunity and I really wish to make the most of it. The Cha Cha Cha is apparently one of the easier dances but I don’t agree! Derek is a great teacher and with his four Dancing With The Stars wins, maybe he’ll work his magic on me!

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Hollywood Swingin’, please welcome Zoe Sugg and Derek Hough....

What a superb opening, how did our judges find it?

Craig: 6
    Darcey: 7
    Len: 7
    Bruno: 7
    Total: 27

27 is a strong score to start off with, well done Zoe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up are Ben Foden and Natalie Lowe!

Ben In Training:
    Strictly is one of the toughest things I have ever done but I am loving it! I’m ver excited to dance on Saturday night although the nerves are kicking in. The tango is great and Natalie and I are having great fun rehearsing it, hopefully everything will go smoothly on Saturday night!

Dancing the Tango to ‘Love Lockdown’, please welcome Ben Foden and Natalie Lowe!

The audience seemed to like it, did the judges agree?

Craig: 7
    Len: 7
    Total: 28

A good score for a good tango!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancing next is Matthew Lewis and Iveta Lukosuite...

Matthew In Training:
    Everyone at Strictly and especially Iveta have been so lovely. Iveta and I clicked straight away, Iveta does get strict at times but she’s a very good teacher! We are dancing a song from the Harry Potter soundtrack which I am very much looking forward to!

Dancing the Waltz to ‘Neville’s Waltz’, please welcome Matthew Lewis and Iveta Lukosuite....

A beautiful waltz, how will the judges score?

Len: 8
    Total: 29

Will our next celebrity do just as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please welcome Alan Shearer & Kristina Rihanoff!

Alan In Training:
    It’s very exciting to be back at Strictly, I really enjoyed doing the Christmas special and afterwards I asked the producers if I could do a full series and gladly they allowed me to. Being partnered with Kristina again is great; also our foxtrot seems to be going well so I couldn’t wish for a better start!

Dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Good Time’, please welcome Alan Shearer & Kristina Rihanoff...

Did Alan score well with the judges?

Craig: 6
    Len: 6
    Total: 26

Will our Doctors star be able to top that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancing next is team Janton!

Jan In Training:
    Call the Doctor as I’ve got something called Strictly Fever! I can’t stop dancing, backstage, I’m my dressing room, on the Doctors set. Being partnered with Anton is also lovely and I really don’t want to let him down so we’re both practising very hard, we’ve been practising for hours and hours and we’re both very excited to perform!

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Best Song Ever', please welcome Jan Pearson & Anton Du Beke...

A very good effort, do our fab four agree?

Craig: 3
    Darcey: 4
    Len: 4
    Bruno: 4
    Total: 15

Closing the show is Charlotte Church!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final dance of the night goes to Charlotte & Tristan....

Charlotte In Training:
    Being partnered with Tristan is great, he did really well with Victoria last year, hopefully I can do a bit better and lift the glitterball but I’m just focusing on our waltz at the moment. It’s nice to start off with something slower and then move onto the more exciting and lively stuff!

Dancing the Waltz to ‘You Win’, please welcome Charlotte Church & Tristan MacManus...

A very lovely waltz, what will our judges score?

Darcey: 8
    Len: 8
    Total: 30

Our judges seemed to like it! What a lovely closing to the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So six couples have danced tonight, let’s take a look at the Leaderboard!

1st - Charlotte Church & Tristan MacManus – 30
    2nd - Matthew Lewis and Iveta Lukosuite - 29
    3rd - Ben Foden and Natalie Lowe - 28
    4th - Zoe Sugg and Derek Hough – 27
    5th - Alan Shearer & Kristina Rihanoff – 26
    6th - Jan Pearson & Anton Du Beke – 15

Join us tomorrow night where our 8 remaining celebrities will perform!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to night two of week one of Strictly: Into The Groove!
    Last night, Charlotte Church topped the Leaderboard with a waltz whilst Matthew Lewis wasn’t far behind. Ben Foden, Zoe Sugg and Alan Shearer weren’t far behind but Jan was sadly at the bottom with only 15 points! However their positions can change as 8 more celebrities will dance tonight, but let’s meet them all!