Options

Scenes in horror films that made you laugh

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
Are there any scenes from horror films that made you laugh instead of scaring you?

The ones that made me laugh is the scene from Halloween where Michael Myers just stands there outside Laurie's friend's room with a wearing a bed sheet over him and the glasses that belonged to the boy he just killed

Also in Freddy's dead (Nightmare 6) where Freddy takes off a hearing aid off a guy's ear and Freddy is just behind him jumping around like a maniac lol
(on 2:25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlPKIXP1ngI)

Freddy Krueger's quotes are really funny as well, especially: ''How's this for a wet dream?'' :p

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember which film this is from. A little blond boy, with a mullet haircut, suddenly chanted "PAN-CAKES! PAN-CAKES! PAAAAN-CAAAAKES", then did a few flying kung-fu kicks in slow motion, then bit one guy's hand.

Edited: Cabin Fever That scene can be seen here at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_2GOoFaXE
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Snow made me laugh quite a lot. I like this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLRFSXvyqI :D
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The entire second half of Insidious.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The entire The Exorcist. As I have never watched a horror that made me frightened, seeing her do all that weird stuff and say those lines made me giggle whilst everyone else was on the edge of their seat. Same for Paranormal Activity.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 10 minutes of The Last Exorcism.

Heather in The Blair Witch project - runny nose, camera scene.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In The Shining when Jack Nicholson is losing the plot, especially the part where he's following his wife up the stairs and he's doing all this crazy hand motion stuff :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether it is classed as a horror movie but I laughed a lot at Jason X.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »

I know!
    Had a brilliant start but quickly turned into one of the crappiest films ever!
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if The Fourth Kind classes as a horror movie but I know the owls were meant to be scary and foreboding but just made me chuckle.

Also I found Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark unintentionally funny pretty much everytime you saw the little creatures.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    They do say laughter is the first sign of fear y'know ;)

But I had to laugh during one of those cheapo Romero knock-offs Italy produced during the early 80's - Zombie Holocaust/Apocalypse (one or the other). Early in the film a body gets pushed out of a high window. You can tell it's a dummy that hits the ground becuase you clearly see an arm fly off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    The entire The Exorcist. As I have never watched a horror that made me frightened, seeing her do all that weird stuff and say those lines made me giggle whilst everyone else was on the edge of their seat. Same for Paranormal Activity.

Its when she is possessed and speaks that I loose it-all 'your mother blah blah' just creases me up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Exorcist - when you're 12 and watching a girl puke gallons on green stuff onto a priest the only thing you can do is laugh.

Final Destination (I forget which) - when the window pulps the kid as he leaves the dentist and when the fencing cheesewires the kid in the field.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found almost all of Drag Me To Hell hilarious, couldn't work out if I was supposed to or not. The friends I went with thought it was genuinely scary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found almost all of Drag Me To Hell hilarious, couldn't work out if I was supposed to or not. The friends I went with thought it was genuinely scary.

That was supposed to be a bit comedic, I believe. :)

And for me, I found most of the later 'Nightmare on Elm street' films pretty funny. But that's not surprising considering Krueger was turned into a comedy character at that point. I mean, he was an MTV star for Christ's sake! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Excorsist. My Dad told me before I watch it that he queued 3 hours to see it when it first came out and that men and women were literally fainting and running out crying. Saw it for the for the first time a few months ago and couldn't stop laughing. Seeing Scary Movie 2 first probably didn't help..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Has to be The Shining when Jack Nicholson follows Shelley Duvall up the stairs!

Wendy Torrance: I just wanna go back to my room!
    Jack Torrance: Why?
    Wendy Torrance: Well, I'm very confused, and I just need time to think things over!
    Jack Torrance: You've had your whole ****ING LIFE to think things over, what good's a few minutes more gonna do you now?
    Wendy Torrance: Please! Don't hurt me!
    Jack Torrance: I'm not gonna hurt you.
    Wendy Torrance: Stay away from me!
    Jack Torrance: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.
    [Wendy gasps]
    Jack Torrance: Gonna bash 'em right the **** in! ha ha ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    the PANCAKES scene from Cabin Fever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EhRGRFnpm0
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene when the girl in PA1 gets dragged out the bed
    The same in PA2 but the funny thing is she managed to pick herself up and sticks continues to get dragged. She gives up a good fight.
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great scene

Groovy
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that even though Halloween is one my favourite films and scared me rigid for many a year I now find the scene where Laurie stumbles across the two bodies in the bedroom cupboards unintentionally funny. I think it's the combination of Jamie Lee Curtis's screaming and the face P.J. Soles is pulling.
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »

such a shame it turns into something out of a halloween dress up party

first half was great and then it loses it
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ring, because one guy I watched it with kept saying 'What if you just recorded Eastenders over the video tape by mistake' and after that we couldn't stop laughing every time a new person put the dreaded video in the machine to watch it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I am the worst at horror movies. I never watch them, because when I do I literally can't sleep for 3 or 4 nights. But a few years back I watched 'House Of Wax' (And yes, although my brother told me that it's te worst horror movie ever and not scary at all, I also didn't sleep for a few nights after watching it). And I laughed out loud for like 5 minutes when Paris Hilton got like...was it an axe?...through her head.