• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Ratings?
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, that's back in the day (the proper meaning, not a few months ago). Indeed her dad did it, but bugger if I can remember the reason. Ethel_Fred would you care to elaborate?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a pervert and didnt want her to talk.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it her Dad...............

Mmmm...............Audrey Hart

Mmmmm.............the Chinese woman who owned the factory
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the time of the sexual abuse and the murder, Leland was possessed by the creature known as BOB from the Black Lodge. (That's the place with red drapes and zig-zag carpets where the little man talks backwards.) BOB was seen frequently in dreams and visions as a long-haired man in a denim jacket. He also possessed Dale Cooper in the final episode.

The extent of Leland Palmer's own awareness of and participation in the sex abuse and killing was left ambiguous. A lot of his bizarre behaviour was a coping mechanism to deny what he had done. But almost everyone behaved bizarrely in Twin Peaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the scene when Leland killed Maddy got a lot of complaints, I remember........
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the whole thing again not long ago... best TV show ever, even though some of season 2 was ropey to say the least. The last episode is one of Lynch's finest moments.
  • Options
    MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Just watched the whole thing again not long ago... best TV show ever, even though some of season 2 was ropey to say the least. The last episode is one of Lynch's finest moments.

Twin peaks changed TV. There has been many TV series that would never have made it if it hadn't been for Twin Peaks
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacLovin wrote: »
    Twin peaks changed TV. There has been many TV series that would never have made it if it hadn't been for Twin Peaks

Hehe... think I said pretty much exactly those words to someone at work the other day...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this Laura Palmer you speak of ?

She hasn't been on the news.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    The middle of Season 2 (after Leland Palmer, but before Windom Earle) really plods along without direction. It's as if the show doesn't know what to do without the murder plot and tries to relaunch itself as a quirky soap opera.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Queen was a fan, according to Paul McCartney....
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The middle of Season 2 (after Leland Palmer, but before Windom Earle) really plods along without direction. It's as if the show doesn't know what to do without the murder plot and tries to relaunch itself as a quirky soap opera.

David Lynch and David Frost always envisaged the show to become like this. The murder mystery element was supposed to fade into the background while the show continued to focus on interactions between characters, so that it could continue to be an episodic (if odd) soap opera.

Unfortunately viewers decided that was not what they wanted and in response to falling ratings the network insisted that Laura's murder needed to be resolved in season 2 since they were in all likelihood intending to not renew the series for a third season.

If TP had continued as a strange soap it would have become something like Desperate Housewives, which did start off with the mystery of Mary Alice Young's suicide but then evolved into more familiar soap territory, although it has to be said with that hint of the Lynchian undercurrent of something rotten in perfect suburbia.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    At the time of the sexual abuse and the murder, Leland was possessed by the creature known as BOB from the Black Lodge. (That's the place with red drapes and zig-zag carpets where the little man talks backwards.) BOB was seen frequently in dreams and visions as a long-haired man in a denim jacket. He also possessed Dale Cooper in the final episode.

The extent of Leland Palmer's own awareness of and participation in the sex abuse and killing was left ambiguous. A lot of his bizarre behaviour was a coping mechanism to deny what he had done. But almost everyone behaved bizarrely in Twin Peaks.

Very much so in the series. However, in Fire Walk With Me, it seemed to me that he was aware he had done terrible things to Laura that he had no control over.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the music, about the only thing I remember was that one of the leading characters had a strange name for coffee, which he drank a lot of. ;)
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Apart from the music, about the only thing I remember was that one of the leading characters had a strange name for coffee, which he drank a lot of. ;)

Could you whisper it to me;):D I've never seen TP so I haven't got a clue what you mean:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PcoMrwEa5o

Here's the coffee! Cherry pie gets a mention too.

I loved the music too, very haunting.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the clip. Although he said 'coffee' throughout that, the girl called it 'joe' which is what I remember him calling it now.

I still have a CD with the Twin Peaks music. Played it quite recently.
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm Cherry pie.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh Twin Peaks, such an utterly bizarre show but we were all totally hooked to it and it used to form the main topic of conversation the day after at work. I was 20 when it first aired in 1990 and Kyle MacLachlan was touted as everyone's favourite crush.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a CD with the Twin Peaks music. Played it quite recently.

I've got the cassette! There were some albums I bought on cassette rather than vinyl or cd,the reasons for which have long been forgotten.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Loved Twin Peaks although as a very young teenager at the time it scared the heebies out of me. I remember a scene when the woman was trapped in the wood. Freaky as hell.
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Twin Peaks - one of my favourite series ever because it's totally bonkers, freaky, weird and strangely addictive.:D
  • Options
    1066andallthat1066andallthat Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    Blimey, that's back in the day (the proper meaning, not a few months ago). Indeed her dad did it, but bugger if I can remember the reason. Ethel_Fred would you care to elaborate?

I've still got all the VHS recordings of the whole series.

Never watched them.

My VHS player is disconnected in the loft.

I've also got over 1000 vinyl LPs.

Nothing to play them on now.

That's nostalgia for you.

Damn fine coffee.