Anyone else really dislike katy perrys unconditionally

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
Before i start can i just say i love katy perry shes a great popstar

I saw the video on tv and thought it was a nice video but i cant stand the track!

Why did she release this as single 2. The way she says unconditional and the i will love you parts are awful!!
I usually love all her singles but this has to be one of the worst,

Has anyone noticed she uses the same formula for each song?

Comments

• RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, it's awful. Walking on Air or Dark Horse should have been second.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncle DeSean Ali.

Ruined the song for me. I really like Birthday, she should release that.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it yes there are better choices for seconf single but i can't help but feel she picked right it fits this time of year very well. And on the back of that beautiful video i'm sure it will do well.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it's tripe.

Coming off the back of the amazing Roar, it's even more apparent what a shit choice it is.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Before i start can i just say i love katy perry shes a great popstar

I saw the video on tv and thought it was a nice video but i cant stand the track!

Why did she release this as single 2. The way she says unconditional and the i will love you parts are awful!!
    I usually love all her singles but this has to be one of the worst,

Has anyone noticed she uses the same formula for each song?

Yes,as Not The 9 o"clock News used to say: nice video,shame about the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's not a good single choice..It should have been Dark horse or Legendary lovers :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's alright but I think Dark Horse or This Is How We Do should have been the second single.
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I love it!
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the song but do agree that the lyrics 'Unconditional, Unconditionally...' really annoy me. I also think that the video is brilliant. I do think it will do well, it's been hanging around the #70 mark on the UK Top 100 since PRISM was released and has shot up to around #40 due to the video!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excluding the promo singles, it's not even the best of a bad bunch....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Yup, it's tripe.

Coming off the back of the amazing Roar, it's even more apparent what a shit choice it is.

I just cant....
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have Legendary Lovers. :(
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not bad. Sometimes with Katy Perry, some of her lyrics and the way she sings them can come across as really clumsy; especially the way she sometimes spreads a single word out to fit a melody (and takes a breath in the middle of a word). It sounds odd at times to me when she does it, although I know a lot of singers do it. ( "un-connnnn-ditionalyyyyy" )
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've grown to love it but have to admit Ghost or Double Rainbow would've been a better choice if she wanted a "serious single". The video is absolutely gorgeous though.

It'd be a smash if the chorus was better. The repetition of "unconditionally" sounds pretty clunky, I'll admit.

Having said that the production is absolutely stunning, might be my second favourite of hers. (After the flawless teenage dream obviously.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVD3lu8KD0
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like any of her music.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't have the voice to pull it off really. I mean it sounds strained on the record, so I'd hate to hear her sing it live.
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I have massively went off her. Her first two albums were decent enough with some good pop songs. I've always known she wasn't the best singer but just recently her voice has became unbearable. And from what I've seen in interviews, chat shows etc, she seems like a massive pain in the arse too. Regarding Roar.....it was horrendous.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I really dislike Katy Perry unconditionally. Does that count? :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's dreary. I'm also mildly irritated by her intonation when she sings the title.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it her second worst single release of her career so far

I remember fans being hyped about it before the leak, and then fans going into OTT meltdown when the song did leak with the album. Like Firework, she is trying to tap into a vocal range she doesn't have. Her vocals are all over the place. The video is lovely though.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    No I like it.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remove the 's' from the end of katy perrys name on the thread title. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I like the song, my only annoyance is she dives into the chorus so quickly and clumsily!!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song title makes me think of Peter Andre's cringe-tastic single about his stepson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    The song title makes me think of Peter Andre's cringe-tastic single about his stepson.

Ewww. Let's not go down that road :p