Hard drive failure ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
Hi,

I just sold my pioneer dvr540hx on ebay, which has worked perfectly for 2 years. The buyer wrote to me to say it had a problem so I got him to send it back to me. Indeed, on power up it says "updating", then after a while it say "repair", then after a while "hdd err". The screen says the drive information is incorrect. It is now set to dvd (i.e. the orange light on the front is stuck and won't change to blue), it is stuck on bbc1 terrestrial, and freeview reports no signal. Also, the home menu will not come on.

Has anyone any idea what has happen to this and if it can be reset by me with some procedure on boot up etc. BTW, there was no physical damge to the box so shock is all but ruled out.

Another thing I was wondering is if it is because the unit was in a nother part of the country, and should have been reset before I sent it to him; Could this be a factor ?

Please can anyone help with this, as I have no idea how to fix it.

Sincerely.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only get 3 years service from new out of a dvd recorder,my last one was a pioneer hard drive recorder,hard drive was fine,i took it out the box and still use it in an external caddy.

The power supply and dvd drive were the faulty things on my pioneer,first the dvd drive went,i replaced that,then the power supply packed in.

In your case it does just sound like the hard drive,there is information on that hard drive, in the boot sector i think, that would be hard to replicate without some serious reading on the web.

The hard drive in mine was a western digital.I often looked at replacement hard drives,and going for a bigger size,but it was complex to do,and i gave up in the end.

Can't see any problem with tuning into a tv signal miles away and changing those settings.

It may just be corrupt information on the drive rather than damage to the disc.
    When my power supply went,i could only get orange on the unit the blue stopped lighting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭