Options

Christmas Reading

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
Forum Member
I'm looking for some recommendations for some Christmas reading.

I usually spend November and December watching Christmas films and reading goes on hold but thought it would be good find some festive stuff.

Comments

• Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read Maybe This Christmas- which Id described as 'a light fuzzy festive read' - I enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should read The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder. The ideal thing to do is to start it on December 1st and read a bit of it every day up to Christmas as it has each day dated. I have to admit that when both my son and myself read it, that we couldn't wait until the next day to read it and just went on and on reading it.

It's quite an odd book, but well worth reading especially at Christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    That sounds interesting. I'm off to find it now but like you I think I will struggle with only reading a bit a day.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to be of help and I hope you can find it and enjoy it. Of course apart from that you could always read Dickens A Christmas Carol if you haven't already done so. It has to really be the unltimate in Christmas stories.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course apart from that you could always read Dickens A Christmas Carol if you haven't already done so. It has to really be the unltimate in Christmas stories.

Yes and/or his other Christmas stories. In 'Dickens at Christmas' that I'm currently reading there are four others as well as even shorter stories and Christmassy essays/thoughts.