Options

Nashville (ABC)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The LA thing has been there, done that type of thing..

All the shows are either in the west coast or east coast, Nashville at least was a change..

I agree, but the viewing figures show that Country music doesn't attract the viewers as much as pop might.

Hopefully this series is a grower by word of mouth.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I agree, but the viewing figures show that Country music doesn't attract the viewers as much as pop might.

Hopefully this series is a grower by word of mouth.

It better do a "Scandal" in terms of having very stable ratings for ABC.

I'm starting to think networks shouldn't over hype shows unless you have events like the Olympics like NBC did.

Maybe less effort for the same ratings?
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    They didn't, unfortunately. 2.8 last week, 2.0 this week. That's big trouble for the future of the show.

Nooo. I love it. Why is it always the shows that I like which do so poorly in the US? I had such high hopes for Nashville after seeing the pilot. :(
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not dead yet folks. I'm hoping that ABC will stick by this show regardless of ratings, kind of like NBC did with Friday Night Lights. They recognised that it wasn't pulling in stellar ratings buy it was a quality show and kept it on air.

The Country Music Awards are due to air on ABC next month so hopefully a bit of cross promotion in the lead up to and during the awards will help bump up Nashville's audience. Last years awards scored a 9.9 rating for ABC with 16.3 million tuning in to watch them.

I really enjoyed episode two. Unlike some shows, I don't think there is a weak link yet. Each performance and plot is strong and doesn't seem out of place in the overall storyline. Connie and Hayden's portrayals of Rayna and Juliette are the standout perormances so far. I'm not a massive country fan but I am enjoying the music too.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘No One Will Ever Love You’ was so good!
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    They didn't, unfortunately. 2.8 last week, 2.0 this week. That's big trouble for the future of the show.

i'm sorry, what is 2.8 and 2.0?
    Millions of viewers? Only 2.8 million watched the show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »

I'm really confused by the US ratings system too. The 2.8 refers to percentage of audience share I think alhough I'm not sure. The most recent episode of Nashville was watched by 6.75 million viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone unsure about whether to commit to watching this or not, it has just been picked up for a full season so you'll have at least 22 episodes to enjoy.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a437650/hayden-panettieres-nashville-gets-full-season-order-from-abc.html

I'm delighted that ABC have chosen to stick with the show as the ratings have been going the wrong direction despite it being an amazing show.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on this after the first 3 episodes. Wasn't really going anywhere fast.
  • Options
    MercierMercier Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Altman did this in 1975 and he did it a whole lot better. I love how they say "devised" by Callie Khouri, more like a wholesale rip off.
  • Options
    MercierMercier Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    I'm really confused by the US ratings system too. The 2.8 refers to percentage of audience share I think alhough I'm not sure. The most recent episode of Nashville was watched by 6.75 million viewers.

Percentage rate of viewers at that time slot watching TV watching the show. US shows go by percentage share.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Gave up on this after the first 3 episodes. Wasn't really going anywhere fast.

So did I. I thought it might be something different but it's just another soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still watching for the cast. The stories aren't really doing much for me, especially the waitress who would rather stay with her abusive boyfriend than the bloke who is going to help her get a singing career.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »

The 2.8 is the the percentage of ALL those in the US between the ages of 18-49, who watched the programme, not just those watching TV at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I love Nashville and have been downloading the episodes every week.

I think it'll attract fans of country music (like myself) but honestly can't see it doing as well as perhaps Glee does.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else still watching at US Pace? Just seen it advertised for More4.

The latest episodes have been very good. I especially like Clare Bowen's character and acting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    It took a good few episodes to get me hooked, I think it was around episode 7 when they brought Rayna and Juliette together was a turning point - Connie and Hayden have brilliant chemistry and their performances are brilliant. I love the music and I am by no means a country music fan but there is a great heart to the show and it keeps improving. Not sure where they are going with the whole Mayoral election story and if the show needs it - still feels very forced in to give those characters some sort of purpose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mondo23 wrote: »
    It took a good few episodes to get me hooked, I think it was around episode 7 when they brought Rayna and Juliette together was a turning point - Connie and Hayden have brilliant chemistry and their performances are brilliant. I love the music and I am by no means a country music fan but there is a great heart to the show and it keeps improving. Not sure where they are going with the whole Mayoral election story and if the show needs it - still feels very forced in to give those characters some sort of purpose.
    Yes I agree about the political stuff.

I feel they were too afraid to have it just about the music business.

Connie and Hayden are great when their characters are having digs at each other.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    It is a good, solid show, but honestly it is not something I would miss if it were cancelled. Still, the ratings appear to be good enough that a second season is likely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Anyone else still watching at US Pace? Just seen it advertised for More4.

The latest episodes have been very good. I especially like Clare Bowen's character and acting.

Yep. :)

I love Scarlett.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking it. I don't think that it's about Country that could cause a ratings issue. Country is big. It's not so big elsewhere in the world admittedly but the show is designed for a domestic audience primarily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi... just a quick quest
    after the duet/gig... did they get it off together in the parking lot? I missed what they said
    Ta'
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feeVerte wrote: »
    hi... just a quick quest
    after the duet/gig... did they get it off together in the parking lot? I missed what they said
    Ta'

No, they didn't! :eek:

It went something like, she said "I wish we hadn't sung that." He said "Now what are we going to do?" And she got out of the car.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Juliette doesn't get pregnant by Deacon!