Sky HD remote and Sony Receiver

I have a Sony STR-DA5600ES receiver. I've just bought a new Sky + HD remote and can't find a code to programme the remote , to work the amp.

Extensive googling has proved fruitless - I've found a few that control the amps volume via the TV, presumably via ARC, but that doesn't work when the TV is off (I use the digibox to listen to radio).

A code does exist as my old remote is programmed correctly but unfortunately I didn't note the code.

I don't want to do what I had to do with my old Pioneer amp - i.e. start from 0000 and work up!

Anyone have a working code for Sony AV amps?

Comments

• Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Popular codes for Sony receivers are....

1086, 1186, 1286 and 1786.

Hope these help.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Popular codes for Sony receivers are....

1086, 1186, 1286 and 1786.

Hope these help.

Thanks Deacon - those don't work unfortunately. :(
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's an answer I gave for an almost identical question some time ago:

Someone a while back posted this link to the Sky Italia website http://www.sky.it/statics/pdf/area-c...mysky_pace.pdf

Yes the document is in Italian. BUT on page 98, it lists a LOT of AV codes for AV equipment, far more than I have ever found anywhere on a UK site (shame on you Sky UK for not publishing that information)

And here's a brief reminder of the setup procedure

A reminder of the instructions:

1. Link Remote to AV Amplifier:

Switch on the amplifier as normal.

Hold Select & 0 until red light flashes twice

Input the 4 digit code for your amplifier. If it works, the red light should flash twice again.

Press the left navigation button next to the Select button.
    If this switches off the AV amp, it's probably worked. If nothing happens, repeat the process and try another code.

2 - Fix Volume Control Punch Through
    This lets you use the volume control on the remote in both Sky and TV modes to control the AV Amp:

Press TV

Hold SELECT and 1 until the red light flashes twice (if this doesn't happen, this won't work on your remote).

Press SKY

After this, try the various buttons on the remote to see what control you have over the Amplifier.

There are 12 different codes listed there for Sony AV equipment
    Forum Member
    Hi ProDave - I actually found that post of yours during a search and tried all those codes - none of them work fully.

I also found a method to get the code out of my existing remote using the 'blink back' method which would seem to be 0862, that didn't work either!

ATM I'm using 1786 which controls the amps volume function via the TV (ARC I presume) however this only works when the TV is on (I use the box to listen to radio channels with the TV off).

I remember having this problem with a Pioneer VSX amp a few years ago and starting at 0000 and working through until I found one that worked! I can't face that again. :D
    Forum Member
    Update - Applying the Fix Volume Control Punch Through steps has given the desired results.

Cheers ProDave.
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to be of help.

It does annoy me that this information is not on the Sky UK website. It's like they want to keep it secret from UK users and only give us a subset of the available information.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,324
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    Glad to be of help.

It does annoy me that this information is not on the Sky UK website. It's like they want to keep it secret from UK users and only give us a subset of the available information.

It's a secret - as a Sky ASA and approved installer Sky only ever ONCE supplied me with a list of remote codes (back in the VERY early days of Sky digital), and those were TV only.