Options

Off to London...advice needed.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
Forum Member
Off to London for a couple of days break tomorrow but don't fancy doing the stereotypical tourist stuff.

All we want to do is chill and people/celeb watch.

Can anyone recommend decent bars/pubs or other places where we can hang out and celeb spot?

Comments

• Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leicester Square
    Camden Market
    Carnaby Street
    Soho
    Covent garden
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I don't think there is such a thing as celeb watching. I live in London and have done so all my life. Hardly spotted celebs out and about even in the posh restaurants. It is luck of the draw really. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notting Hill is supposed to be awash with celebrities and cafes so you could try there but as the above poster pointed out, it's all the luck of the draw.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celeb watching? Give it up and go to the Portrait Gallery. More famous faces in there than you'll see in a lifetime. Or try the theatre - you're guaranteed to see at least the names on the bill and you might see more in the audience.

If what you really want to see if Chanelle from Big Brother falling out of a car with no knickers on then why don't you just trawl back through the DS 'news' and note the name of said clubs. Though why you'd want to waste a beautiful spring weekend in our glorious captial city on such nonsense is beyond me.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you will have more luck seeing celebs at madame tussauds
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you didn't want to do the stereotypical tourist stuff! What on earth is celebrity watching then?

Give up on that idea and just enjoy a nice break in a lovely city instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to see footballers and BB contestants try The 10 rooms of Regent ST or Faces in Gants Hill

oh hang on a minute you want to see celebrities....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .... buy a Heat Magazine? :p
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    How about hanging around posh restaurants like the Ivy?
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Suppose you could try Harrods. The only famous one I've ever seen when I've been up in London is the bloke who plays Liz Macdonalds hubby in Corrie, he was pushing a pushchair in the Tate Gallery.