Options

One player that your club have sold that you would buy back if you could

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohhh, the possiblities are endless once you start to go back in time. But sticking to the recent past I would have two choices. The first is obvious: Ronaldo. The second is slightly more disagreeable: Carlos Tevez.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently I'd say I wish we could buy back Berbs , looking back: carrick, sherringham (the first time),(what do all of these have in common :p) Kanoute, Mounir el Hamdaoui. Keane (the first time)
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Ohhh, the possiblities are endless once you start to go back in time. But sticking to the recent past I would have two choices. The first is obvious: Ronaldo. The second is slightly more disagreeable: Carlos Tevez.

I'd rather play every match with 10 men than see that disagreeable hatchet faced back stabbing utter twunt Carlos tevez back in a man utd shirt.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I'd rather play every match with 10 men than see that disagreeable hatchet faced back stabbing utter twunt Carlos tevez back in a man utd shirt.

Ha ha. I thought of you when I posted and I could have almost written your reply for you. It'll never happen of course and I agree with you as regards his personality - but on pure footballing terms he'd still be a major asset.

How about I wind you up some more. Let's buy back RVN and Paul Ince :)
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    Phil Jagielka back at BDTBL would have avoiding the current mess
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Novak, fantastic striker, would loved to have seen him and Shaw up front with support from Fisher.
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Turner. The way he left still makes me angry, even if our current defence is pretty slick (goal conceded against Burnley aside...). Great, great defender.

Damn you Paul Duffen.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    Maurice Edu, who is now with Rangers.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theriddler wrote: »
    Mounir el Hamdaoui.

You can have him back now, just make a reasonable bid and he's yours.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Vieira. He might be older and slower but he's still better than Denilson and has real grit.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Sami - total legend who was not treated with as much respect as he deserved in his final season (Degen in the CL squad over him?). A lot of us LFC fans say that one day he will be back at Anfield and please God make it happen but he seems settled at Bayer now and they seem keen to keep him so I would not hold my breath. Tragic - Rafas worst man mangement mistake imo

Alonso? - thats an interesting one as imo there is a lot of half truths and rumours said about it. He had a bad season (In 2008 was it?) and Rafa did look at Barry that summer - I am prob in the minority here but I would not crticise him for that. Once we did not get him then the next season Xabi was great and no way did we want to sell him. But then the next close season Real Madrid came in - and for a Spaniard they all would want to play for them so he went,. By that time I do not think there was a prob between him and Rafa and since then he has been back at Anfield several times and is definitely still a passionate 'Red'. Some say that what upset him more was the way Rafa criticised him for not playing V Inter when he dropped out due to his wife having a baby - which is believable for me.

But yes Xabi is a legend too - and I would also want him back.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Xavi Alonso, Liverpool need someone of his quality in Midfield.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicolas Anelka for Bolton. Despite all that was said about him, before he signed for us, he was excellent for Bolton and left on very good terms.
  • Options
    Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alonso's a definite for Liverpool, but also with our left back problems over the past few years, we would have done well to hang on to Riise for longer.
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xabi Alonso for definite and I really would like the option of Sami as well.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Alonso's a definite for Liverpool, but also with our left back problems over the past few years, we would have done well to hang on to Riise for longer.

What happened to Warnock returning ??
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    I'd get Ibra back from Milan especially as we only have Bojan in reserve who is totally ineffective . One bad injury to one our front three and our season capitulates .
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jermain Defoe back at Upton Park........
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Taylor or Niko Kranjcar as we need a left-sided and/or creative player.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we sold Robbo to Boro to be their Player/Manager, so I will say him, as we could do with someone like him in our team at the moment.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member

By the end I hated Riise and no way would I want him back - dodgy defending - bad tackles, playing people onside ...etc, shooting from 40 yards (usually miles over the bar), wasting free kicks by firing straight into the wall, trying 50 yard passes which were telegraphed and anyway never went near their intended target ...etc.

I agree LB is a problem position but Riise back? - No!! (I quite like the idea of Clichy but it does go a bit against the philosophy in the club of buying young players but at least if we got him we know we'd get quality)
  • Options
    Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Ipswich Town:
    Darren Bent and Shefki Kuqi were the most fun we have had in recent years. Tommy Miller as well and most recently Jon Walters. Alan Lee just for our songs for him.

Problem is for every one player i wish to have back, there is 5 i wouldn't. Anyone remember Findi George? Thought not.

Manchester United:
    C.Ronaldo and Beckham for sentimental reasons.

Pique for the quality he has become although it is difficult to judge how good he actually is because majority of Barcelona's defensive strategy is simply keeping the ball and winning it back high up the pitch. He's more handy as a striker to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Jermain Defoe back at Upton Park........

a Ba / Defoe partnership could be very interesting I think my choice would be to re-sign Joe Cole.