Did Katherine Heigl ruin her own career?

tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
Forum Member
During and after Grey's Anatomy, she seemed destined for big-time Hollywood roles in rom-coms and comedy films, but it seems as though everybody hates her now and it's no secret that rumours are everywhere that she is a nightmare to work with.

Is she to blame for her career being ruined? I quite like as an actress and thought she would fit in really well in Cameron Diaz/Jennifer Aniston type movies.

Comments

• mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, regardless of what she's like to work with, yes. Her film choices have been terrible and samey. Bar 'Knocked Up' which she slagged off.

Then again i think she's returning to television in a spy drama so perhaps that will salvage it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She definitely left Greys under a cloud because I think she basically got too big for her boots when the film roles kept coming in.

If i remember correctly, she didn't even turn up on her last scheduled day of filming so they couldn't even film a proper exit for the character.

I think she essentially "knows her place" now, especially considering out of the last six films she's starred in, only two turned a profit, and not a great one at that.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen her in one film, 'Knocked Up', but she doesn't come across well in interviews I've seen or read.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won an Emmy & got too big for her boots apparently.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something 'unlikeable' about her IMO.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her. I thought she was great in 27 dresses and a few films (The Ugly Truth and LIfe as We Know It) I have seen her in I liked.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,199
    Forum Member
    Yes. There have been rumours of her being difficult since her Roswell days. Where's there's smoke, there's fire.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Basically yes, with poor career choices and a terrible attitude.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't she tell the golden globes or was it the emmys??

Not to put her forward that year for an award as she thought she hadn't done enough that season on Greys.

Nothing like thinking of course they will nominate you.
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Katherine Heigl's mother, who is also her manager, hasn't done Katherine's career any favours, a lot of people in Hollywood simply don't want to deal with her. I personally have a bit of a soft spot for Katherine due to watching Roswell when I was growing up. Saying that, I haven't seen many of her films, the last one was 27 Dresses years ago on a flight to the US.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine Heigl's mother, who is also her manager, hasn't done Katherine's career any favours, a lot of people in Hollywood simply don't want to deal with her. I personally have a bit of a soft spot for Katherine due to watching Roswell when I was growing up. Saying that, I haven't seen many of her films, the last one was 27 Dresses years ago on a flight to the US.

I'm the same, with regards to the reasoning for the soft spot. I believe they also produce her films through their joint company too, which makes it even harder to deal with her i'd imagine. But Heigl still has made some bad decisions, with her outbursts and interactions with people, that haven't helped her.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought you guys would like this
    http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=559325&cc=ND
    Its heigl talking about the "being difficult" rumours
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought you guys would like this
    http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=559325&cc=ND
    Its heigl talking about the "being difficult" rumours

Makes no odds.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was well on her way to being the next Jennifer Aniston, but her awful mother Nancy ruined it. Her behavior on set was awful.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough, this latest article is not only about Ms Heigl but involves her mother as well:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment2/58183243-223/heigl-difficult-executive-katherine.html.csp
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I think this woman cannot act her way out of a shoe box. Being that high-minded did not do her any favour either...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She insulted the people providing her material and pay cheques. She bit the hand that fed her, so they stopped feeding her and starved her out. Zyzzyx Rd was one of the worst rated and unprofitable movies of all time.

Frankly if you're going to play the media game, you need to be smarter than thinking you cannot be replaced by someone younger, more talented, less ungrateful, more compliant and more professional than you. She slagged off people with more power and sway than her than helped her live well and invested in her talent, in turn they rescinded their support and her opportunities dried up. Now she is seeing how the business really works when you don't want to work and do business properly and professionally.