Options

Are you a boozy buyer?

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2704546/Are-boozy-buyer-One-five-admits-shopping-online-many.html

I think the only thing I have bought when under the influence of alcohol is more alcohol! Maybe the odd song off itunes. Can safely say I have never bought a lionel richie mug!!
What about you guys?

Edit: you need to copy and paste link. Never works on here from my android for some reason sorry

Comments

• Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2704546/Are-boozy-buyer-One-five-admits-shopping-online-many.html

I think the only thing I have bought when under the influence of alcohol is more alcohol! Maybe the odd song off itunes. Can safely say I have never bought a lionel richie mug!!
    What about you guys?

Edit: you need to copy and paste link. Never works on here from my android for some reason sorry

I spent £6 on 1 kilo of Haribo Rhubarb and Custard sweets but I was sober then. I just love them and have had some spare money.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Airfix model kit (still not built it), a pair of Germany Army jogging pants (used), a Briar Pipe amongst others.
    Life's a rollercoaster.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    An Airfix model kit (still not built it), a pair of Germany Army jogging pants (used), a Briar Pipe amongst others.
    Life's a rollercoaster.

I used to build Airfix Spitfires and Messerscmitts.Painted them,stickers,the works.Then throw them out of my second floor window.Just to see what damage was sustained.
    I should have been an air accident investigator.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I spent £6 on 1 kilo of Haribo Rhubarb and Custard sweets but I was sober then. I just love them and have had some spare money.

Mmm,i like the sound of them.Mind you,my teeth aren't up to hard sweeties these days.Are they soft?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a 27.5 k motor a few weeks ago.I was totally shit faced at the time.
    I'm hoping to get out of the contract shortly.Price rise or delay in delivery date will save the day!.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I used to build Airfix Spitfires and Messerscmitts.Painted them,stickers,the works.Then throw them out of my second floor window.Just to see what damage was sustained.
    I should have been an air accident investigator.:p

How old were you when you were doing this though??
    Tempted to dig that kit out of the cupboard or wherever it is
    :-D
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life's a rollercoaster.
    Indulge me here please.
    Talk me through the "German Army jogging pants - (used)".
    1 What do they look like?
    2 How do they rate the degree of "used"?
    3 At what stage does "used" become visible?
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many an Asos order that I've placed has been done under the influence of alcohol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How old were you when you were doing this though??
    Tempted to dig that kit out of the cupboard or wherever it is
    :-D

Maybe about 10 or 12.I can still smell that Hummel paint.Very distinctive.
    I also used to catch Sticklebacks in the local burn.Then I'd leave them out in the midday sun to fry.Once they were dead,i'd bury them.After a few weeks I'd dig them up to see what was left.Ahh,childhood,such happy memories.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indulge me here please.

He He!.Used German Army gear used to be the in thing.Especially in the 70's and 80's.It was usually shirts,with the( West) German flag still attached to the sleeve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indulge me here please.

Flea-bay was my friend on this occasion.
    Navy blue with stripes, very penitentiary in style. Used as in pre-worn I believe, hard to gauge the exact amount of soiling.
    Never wore them. Charity shop got them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He He!.Used German Army gear used to be the in thing.Especially in the 70's and 80's.It was usually shirts,with the( West) German flag still attached to the sleeve.

Great, cheap gear for going fishing and suchlike.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flea-bay was my friend on this occasion.
    Navy blue with stripes, very penitentiary in style. Used as in pre-worn I believe, hard to gauge the exact amount of soiling.
    Never wore them. Charity shop got them.
    Next time I see a group of guys in "soiled German Jogging pants" walking menacingly toward me I'll just say "give farmer bob my regards".
    :)
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a real chore though the on line shop? Far better to chug a few beers back and improvise a bit. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised by that random drunken on-line purchase, I have often said ' we'll try those again'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next time I see a group of guys in "soiled German Jogging pants" walking menacingly toward me I'll just say "give farmer bob my regards".
    :)

Bob wears John Deere boilersuits and wellies these days.:D
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought many stupid things on-line when drunk. Usually occurs if my friends and I end up browsing sites like Firebox or ThinkGeek. Then a few days later I get surprise deliveries at work which I don't remember ordering. It's like a mini-birthday.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Mmm,i like the sound of them.Mind you,my teeth aren't up to hard sweeties these days.Are they soft?.

Yes, they are soft.

https://www.funkycandyshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/h/rhubarb_custard_sticks.jpg
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I have ever bought whilst drunk are train tickets to meet a girl.