The Tassimo Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    3 for £10 in Tesco.
    I'm glad about this as they stock more varieties than Asda & Saisburys.

Just cleared the shelf of the last 6 packs of Costa Latte at our local Tesco while they're on deal 3 for £10 :D

Offer ends 14/05 according to the small print.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    99p stores are stocking Tassimo Carte Noir Iced Expresso.

Produces a strong hot strong cup of coffee, and if you pre-heat some milk in the microwave it also makes a lovely latte.

The packs have a short shelf life, July 2014, and many stores have sold out. But might be worth a look. I bought several packs of it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    99p stores are stocking Tassimo Carte Noir Iced Expresso.

Produces a strong hot strong cup of coffee, and if you pre-heat some milk in the microwave it also makes a lovely latte.

The packs have a short shelf life, July 2014, and many stores have sold out. But might be worth a look. I bought several packs of it. :D

Ooh thanks for that, we have a 99p store not too far away, I'll check it out :)
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried a Tassimo Caramel Latte today on my day off from work - was one of the most delicious drinks I think I've ever tasted.
    Tescos had 3 packs for a tenner too....result!
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassimo have just brought out a new drink. Tassimo Oreo. Should be in some supermarkets now and available to order from the online store in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    Tassimo have just brought out a new drink. Tassimo Oreo. Should be in some supermarkets now and available to order from the online store in a couple of weeks.

Still not found the new Oreo in my local supermarkets :(.
    Out of the big 3, Asda only sells a few varieties of coffee, Sainsburys only sell Costa Latte & Costa Americana, Tesco Extra which does sell more varieties than the other 2, but never seem to stock enough so the shelves are usually always bare by the time we are able to go shopping.
    Nobody seems to stock Suchards anymore, but Tesco have replaced it with the god awfull Cadbury drink(much prefer the Milka one which is also not available anymore in the supermarkets)
    The only option really seems to be to buy direct from Tassimo, but with £25 minimum spend it's a bit of a put off.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    ^^ I think the carte noire lattes are much nicer but they seem to be only at sainsburys
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Tassimo Shop are offering free delivery on a £25 shop until 28th May.

The Chai Lemongrass tea is on offer there too at the moment at £3.59, so I've found it easy to spend £25 this time :D Love that flavour!
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not found the new Oreo in my local supermarkets :(.
    Out of the big 3, Asda only sells a few varieties of coffee, Sainsburys only sell Costa Latte & Costa Americana, Tesco Extra which does sell more varieties than the other 2, but never seem to stock enough so the shelves are usually always bare by the time we are able to go shopping.
    Nobody seems to stock Suchards anymore, but Tesco have replaced it with the god awfull Cadbury drink(much prefer the Milka one which is also not available anymore in the supermarkets)
    The only option really seems to be to buy direct from Tassimo, but with £25 minimum spend it's a bit of a put off.

My local Tesco said they would receive more on the 26th and I have just got some from Sainsburys but it was £4.99
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found the oreo in my local sainsburys, not tried it yet though
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    I found the oreo in my local sainsburys, not tried it yet though

I have given it a go, it is ok, but it don't taste much difference to the other chocolate drinks in the range. Lets just say i would not buy it again, it was only because I had a larger discount than normal that I thought I would have a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    I have given it a go, it is ok, but it don't taste much difference to the other chocolate drinks in the range. Lets just say i would not buy it again, it was only because I had a larger discount than normal that I thought I would have a go.

my OH found it really sickly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finally found stock of Oreo in Tesco, so much nicer than the Cadbury drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally found stock of Oreo in Tesco, so much nicer than the Cadbury drink.

TBH, it don't taste much difference, just a bit sweeter.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Tassimo Vivy for my birthday and tried a Costa Latte and was disappointed with the taste. I ran the cleaning disc 4 times (it recommended 3) first.I've read now that you should shake the pods first so I'll try that but is there anything I'm doing wrong? I wondered if the little disc in the water tank (a descaler I think) should only be in the machine when it's being cleaned but there's nowhere to store it and the instructions don't mention it anywhere!!!
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting one soon, so I'm interested to see what could cause that.

Plus any other hints and tips for us newbies would be appreciated.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it was down to the water. I ran another 2 cleaning cycles using filtered water from my Brita jug rather than tap water, and now have been using the filtered water instead of tap water and it's OK. I think it's probably just the first use!

Looking for recommendations now for other drinks to try. I have the Costa Latte and the Cadbury's Hot Choc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it ok for a semi decent coffee that is quick. Sure it do not compare with a proper espresso machine, but for a quick coffee it is sure better than instant.

I am drinking a costa Americano at the moment, really nice, but then I prefer black coffee.

Best thing is to go to Tassimo online shop and maybe buy a mix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they offer a mixture? Seems that you can only buy the standard packs - 16 discs is a lot if you realise you don't like the flavour.

I've seen on Amazon they have a 'selection box' but I'm dubious about those.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they offer a mixture? Seems that you can only buy the standard packs - 16 discs is a lot if you realise you don't like the flavour.

I've seen on Amazon they have a 'selection box' but I'm dubious about those.

I should think they would be fine, but no cheaper as far as i can see than buying them in a box, but at least you can have a try of a few of them that way.
    The one thing you have to check is for two part drinks, like Latte as they require a second disk for milk.

So check to make sure that all two part drinks have the right second disk.

i expect they get the stock from damaged boxes or something like that. I doubt they buy them from Kraft as i do nto think Kraft sells them in big bulk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Thanks.

I might give them a whirl eventually. Bought a Cadbury's hot chocolate today (they were out of Oreo), it was ok but a little weak. I guess its trial and error with the machine to get it how you like it.
  • Options
    Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    advice for Cadburys Pods

I found there was lots of "Chocolate" left in the pod. What we did was run it under hot water, or leave it in a mug with hot water to warm up, then put it in the Tassimo. This resulted in all the syrup pretty much being used and a stronger taste. Didnt have this issue with the other choc pods
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not seen much chocolate left in the Cadbury ones myself. I have however switched to using the milk first, then the chocolate. Seems to blend better that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    advice for Cadburys Pods

I found there was lots of "Chocolate" left in the pod. What we did was run it under hot water, or leave it in a mug with hot water to warm up, then put it in the Tassimo. This resulted in all the syrup pretty much being used and a stronger taste. Didnt have this issue with the other choc pods

I tend to just give the button a short press and the rest comes out.
  • Options
    mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got fed up of my Tassimo when they started to bring out pods that didn't fit the original machines, without putting a warning on the packets that they weren't compatible.