I have decided I love that program now.

It always cheers me up. :)

Comments

• Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, it's a great programme.
    It's all in the brilliant witing and great cast, every episode is a gem.
    Love it.
    :)
  • Options
    alr837alr837 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it too! Thought my geeky science research life helped, but I know very few people who don't like it! Converted the family too now.
    Can't wait for season 5!
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    alr837 wrote: »
    Love it too! Thought my geeky science research life helped, but I know very few people who don't like it! Converted the family too now.
    Can't wait for season 5!

You have a geeky science research life!!! Who'd have known ;)
  • Options
    Tony KingTony King Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best sitcom's ever imo - seriously.

Can't ever remember a particularly weak episode, and if you 'get' the humour, you sometimes can be laughing the whole way through.

Very rare that you get the majority of lead characters having great lines too, Sheldon is obvious but sometimes Howard's wit and sarcasm is hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the hell is the second half of season 4 gonna air.
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    I agree that its a really funny program. Great characters and a good combination of high brow science jokes vs smutty humour.

I think Penny's great too. She's funny and hot, but in a "real" way rather than the size zero, Barbie look most women on US shows seem to have.

One thing that puzzles me somewhat. I've got a physics degree so get the majority of the science jokes, but I wonder whether a lot of the audience with a non-science background pick up on all the references?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've only seen some clips on Youtube where Sheldon and the crew make jokes about Apple Store geniuses but those clips alone are good :D Never watched a full episode though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheldon is a LEGEND :D

*knock* Leonard... *knock* Leonard... *knock* Leonard...
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be one of my favorite shows, but season 4 was a complete disaster.
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Love the programme, although I see too much of myself in the geeky behaviour :o
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    johnF1971 wrote: »

I think Penny's great too. She's funny and hot, but in a "real" way rather than the size zero, Barbie look most women on US shows seem to have.

What with the blonde hair and breast implants?
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    What with the blonde hair and breast implants?

I thought they were real...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    I thought they were real...:(

I don't think so.

Not a natural blonde, don't think that's her original nose either and looks like filler in her lips.

She's actually turned herself into a Barbie figure and it's worked for her 'cos she's on TV.
  • Options
    susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so.

Not a natural blonde, don't think that's her original nose either and looks like filler in her lips.

She's actually turned herself into a Barbie figure and it's worked for her 'cos she's on TV.

She has always been the same since her 8 Simple Rules and Charmed days and she was only about 16/17 then.

I love this show. Don't understand a word of the science but it is still very funny. It works because all the characters are so well defined. I even like the straight guy Leonard.
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so.

Um.. Kaley Cuoco has had no surgery. She's looked that way for the last 10 years or so, only thing that has changed is her boobs have grown a bit since 8 Simple Rules... that's basically where she's grown up and stopped doing as many sports now she has a full time career as an actress and model.

You are extremely judgmental but apparently not the plastic surgery assessor you'd like to imagine yourself to be. She is a natural blonde, although she has highlights so she is more bottle blonde than auburn. The only surgery she's had has been for her broken leg. So, yeah, nice try but no cigar.

She hasn't turned herself into a Barbie figure at all, she's basically looked the way she has since she was 15 and is 25 now. You can even go back and see she looked very much the way she does now with darker hair as a kid in QuickSand: No Escape. But you, know, if you did that you'd have factual evidence to dispute your claims seemingly based on jealous lies you have created to suggest there is no way she could look the way she does naturally. Sorry, she didn't get hit with the ugly stick at any point and demeaning her attributes and claiming they are fake when they aren't just makes me think you are probably less attractive than she is and are just bitching for the sake of it.

She's only 25 anyway, why would she need any surgery? She's been listed amongst the world's sexiest women for the last 4 years or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Um.. Kaley Cuoco has had no surgery. She's looked that way for the last 10 years or so, only thing that has changed is her boobs have grown a bit since 8 Simple Rules... that's basically where she's grown up and stopped doing as many sports now she has a full time career as an actress and model.

You are extremely judgmental but apparently not the plastic surgery assessor you'd like to imagine yourself to be. She is a natural blonde, although she has highlights so she is more bottle blonde than auburn. The only surgery she's had has been for her broken leg. So, yeah, nice try but no cigar.

She hasn't turned herself into a Barbie figure at all, she's basically looked the way she has since she was 15 and is 25 now. You can even go back and see she looked very much the way she does now with darker hair as a kid in QuickSand: No Escape. But you, know, if you did that you'd have factual evidence to dispute your claims seemingly based on jealous lies you have created to suggest there is no way she could look the way she does naturally. Sorry, she didn't get hit with the ugly stick at any point and demeaning her attributes and claiming they are fake when they aren't just makes me think you are probably less attractive than she is and are just bitching for the sake of it.

She's only 25 anyway, why would she need any surgery? She's been listed amongst the world's sexiest women for the last 4 years or so.

It's routine for teenage girls to have nose jobs in the US, often for their 16th birthday and her breasts are too round and far apart to be natural.

The other sister in 8 Simple Rules is what a natural teenage girl looks like.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Except she was in her 20's when she made that show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Used to be one of my favorite shows, but season 4 was a complete disaster.

Not sure what season 4 you've been watching but the one I saw was pretty f'ing funny all the way through... I will say however that it did end oddly.
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what season 4 you've been watching
    The one where Blossom does a toe-curlingly terrible job at playing a female Sheldon, and where two other utterly useless supporting female cast members have been added to the mix, and where Sheldon has turned from charmingly odd to sometimes curiously psychotic, etc, etc... And that's saying nothing about the quality of the comedy itself, which is now at best SNL level. That's not a compliment, btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's routine for teenage girls to have nose jobs in the US, often for their 16th birthday and her breasts are too round and far apart to be natural.

A non-surgically enhanced young lady then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double episode on C4 now, and again on +1 :cool::D
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one where Blossom does a toe-curlingly terrible job at playing a female Sheldon, and where two other utterly useless supporting female cast members have been added to the mix, and where Sheldon has turned from charmingly odd to sometimes curiously psychotic, etc, etc... And that's saying nothing about the quality of the comedy itself, which is now at best SNL level. That's not a compliment, btw.

Blossom has been outstanding and Amy is a great character.

Bernadette is a great match for Howard.

I'll give you Preeya as useless, but she's not going to be in it for Long I don't think.

Sheldon has always been curiously psychotic.

Season 4 wasn't the strongest, but it was at it's best when all the characters were properly used, the last 4 or 5 episodes were back to top form, laugh out loud every couple of minutes like season 1 was 1st time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot of people (mainly on the internet but also the Family Guy writers) seem to really hate this programme and don't think it's funny, it can be a bit repetitive and sure it's no Arrested Development but it's quite funny and entertaining so I don't know why it receives so much venom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    The jokes are hilarious especially although some jokes (such as the dopler effect gag) not sure if all people would of understood it in that costume party- but they tried they best!

The comedy is pure genius. The actors are now all getting large 6 figure sums per episode to show for its popularity,.