Options

What are you reading at the moment? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    ImaPlum wrote: »
    Did you enjoy the book? It's on my list of books that I'm thinking about reading but haven't quite decided yet :)

I got it as an early Christmas present and it's a nice little read.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.22.63 -- Stephen King.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    The Secret of Crickley Hall- James Herbert

I'm re-reading THE DARK, by JH......last read it years ago.
    Oooo havnt read a James Herbert for donkeys years,probably since the Magic Cottage,is it any good up to now ?.

There appears to be a spate of JH books now appearing for the kindle so i am having a re-read of a few i havent read for few years :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I'm reading The Help which I put on my Kindle about 2 years ago and didn't bother reading. Not read much but is is looking like a great read.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Now heavily into The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher... on book 8 out of 14 so far and awesome reading..anyone who likes urban fantasy ( wizard living in modern chicago investigating spooky things) will love this xx
  • Options
    nightdriver155nightdriver155 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that the new CJ Sansom book was not to be a Matthew Shardlake mystery,but having started DOMINION I can't put it down Set in an imaginary Britain,it's 1952,and Britain has done a deal with Nazi Germany,but the Resistance is gaining power.SUPERB !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Started to read a broken family by Kitty Neale but gave up about half way through,i was bored with the characters and just not enjoying the story,i have started to read Saving Grace which is so funny,cant remember who it,s by but it is set in Ireland.

Her other books are great too... I especially liked: Becoming Scarlett. :)
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    William Hartmann's "A Traveler's Guide to Mars" which is about the land forms and geology of the planet Mars and a comparison with similar situations and places on Earth. So far, it's tuning out to be an excellent and informative read.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Chris Ewan- Safe House
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris Ewan- Safe House

I got that the other day since it was only 20p. How are you finding it???
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    I really liked that one, and I liked the second in the series even more "Dead Scared" Can definitely recommend that one. :)

My heart was in my mouth the whole way through! It was excellent apart from....
    I didn't understand why no one recognised Lacey as Victoria when she and Joesbury visited Cardiff :confused:

Next for me: Meet Me At The Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boobyloo wrote: »
    I got that the other day since it was only 20p. How are you finding it???

Ive just started it.
    Seems quite good so far and quite intriguing. Certainly cant complain as it was only 20p!
    What about you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ive just started it.
    Seems quite good so far and quite intriguing. Certainly cant complain as it was only 20p!
    What about you?

I've not started it yet. Just finishing off The Help and that was next on my list, I bought 4 books the other day for 80p which was fab but did wonder about how good they would be.
  • Options
    katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working my way through the Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy L Sayers. Currently on book 10 out of 11 then will start the 3 books written by Jill Paton Walsh, one of which was completed from an unfinished manuscript.

The Secret of Crickley Hall, mentioned above, is on my reading list for later this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boobyloo wrote: »
    I've not started it yet. Just finishing off The Help and that was next on my list, I bought 4 books the other day for 80p which was fab but did wonder about how good they would be.

its not at the level of The Help though!!
    Hope you enjoyed that?
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    11.22.63 -- Stephen King.

I loved that book hope you enjoying it

Just reading IT by stephen King not too far in loads to go and loving it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its not at the level of The Help though!!
    Hope you enjoyed that?

I'm loving it!!! I'm torn between trying to prolong reading it and reading it non-stop!!! Nearly missed my train stop tonight I was that engrossed in it!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Citadel by Kate mosse, really enjoying it so far, I'm a third of the way through x
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Good From a Corpse ~ Leigh Brackett

First crime novel from SF pulp writer Brackett which earned her a Hollywood scriptwriting career (from 1946's The Big Sleep to the posthumous The Empire Strikes Back).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    My heart was in my mouth the whole way through! It was excellent apart from....

It's been a while since I've read it but wasn't it because
    She had been beaten up or something just before they went there so her face was all swollen and bruised so not recognisable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I'm currently reading Booky Wook 2 by Russell Brand and will be reading Brung Up Proper by Jason Manford when I've finished. I always feel a bit embarrassed reading autobiographies unless they are about people who are terribly clever and well thought of. I know it's complete literary snobbery but I always feel like they're a bit low brow. :o
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently re-reading a dozen Elmore Leonard
    books that I have on my ereader.Loved them
    when I first read them,and am still finding them
    the most sharply written of their type!
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭