Lauren's sing off song could send her to final

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
Forum Member
That is the best I've ever heard her sing. I think it could really make people sit up and take notice of her. Could really give her an advantage next week. One of the best vocal performances of the season

Comments

• pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    It was sensational!
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was rather good.

Will be her, Andrea and Fleur fighting for that place in the final.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too late for people to sit up and notice her with the final just two weeks away. Nobody rated Ruth until Purple Rain in the early stages of the live shows, that was a sit up and notice moment, which got her to the final 5, almost final 4.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She stepped up her GAME! :p now the fight is on! And i dont normally like Lauren!
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has to outdo the other 3 next week first
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She deserves the finale after that...she stepped her game...I hope she picks her own songs this week...she'll get a rebound vote after that ...probably...
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great, best sing off this series IMO. Don't know how Mel can even pretend Octopussy were better, they were bad in the singoff, particularly the guy who opened the song.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great, I wish she would sing songs which show off her lower range more. She sounded best during the low bits for me. She sounded more mature.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was her best vocal performance. It still seemed a bit 'empty' but she blew Stereo Kicks out the water.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was much better. Sadly I think it's too late for her to mount much of a challenge though if Andrea is struggling in the votes he'll be coming down off a rebound while she'll be getting a boost.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best vocal of the series.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rival to Monster Mash for performance of the series for me.

Sublime.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yeah great job, always nice to hear the voice hidden behind the Saturday show
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't make the slightest bit of difference in my opinion. People have their favourites by now and the casual voter will only be going on next week's performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Won't make the slightest bit of difference in my opinion. People have their favourites by now and the casual voter will only be going on next week's performance.

Its not like she does not have fans and she was struggling for votes all season....so who knows???...
  • AndyLouPandyAndyLouPandy Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I loved her when she sang this in her audition and I loved it now. This is what she needs to sing, if she'd stuck to bluesy/soul numbers and she may have been on for a win. Unfortunately for Lauren I thimk it may be too late.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why we need an end to all the theme weeks as they don't show the true artist they are.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah great job, always nice to hear the voice hidden behind the Saturday show

Very much so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    This is why we need an end to all the theme weeks as they don't show the true artist they are.

Which is what Cheryl has been saying all series..
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song suited her so much! Fantastic sing off
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annie24601 wrote: »
    It was great, best sing off this series IMO. Don't know how Mel can even pretend Octopussy were better, they were bad in the singoff, particularly the guy who opened the song.

I agree with you 100% on everything! What was Mel thinking? I am totally disgusted with her!

Lauren sung so well and and completely wiped the floor with stereo kicks. If Simon had voted for the lads as well I think people would have turned off. I was so worried that Stereo Kicks would have more votes and sighed a massive relief when Dermot called out Stereo Kicks name to go home.

I can't believe that Mel had the cheek to ask Simon on extra factor if he felt he had copped out by taking it to deadlock. So glad he told her that he voted for the better singer on the night. Perhaps Mel could take note that they are s'pose to put the better singer through!

I want Mel sacked and Tulisa back next year with Cheryl, Simon and Gary Barlow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    annie24601 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly there's only 1 who can sort if sing n it's him that sings outa the side of his head#1trickpony
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is what Cheryl has been saying all series..

Exactly this, Cheryl is one of the most intelligent judges, she is spot on about the themed weeks. It's ridiculous. Brian has just said that Lauren was the better singer in the sing off too! Simon would have had egg on his face if he had sent Lauren home after such a brilliant sing off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Lauren was amazing in that singoff :) I like her and Ben
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly this, Cheryl is one of the most intelligent judges, she is spot on about the themed weeks. It's ridiculous. Brian has just said that Lauren was the better singer in the sing off too! Simon would have had egg on his face if he had sent Lauren home after such a brilliant sing off!

They been using bad performances slots to try to send her home for weeks, when they had the chance to do it...they couldn't because they realized they couldn't justify it.....they sent it deadlock thinking it would not matter which was ridiculous... Expect her to be in the finale after the rebound vote especially after that sing off... and the ridiculous going against the show vote... Plus she picks up most of stereo kicks votes...teenage vote and I agree Cheryl is the onkye judge with some sense...