ZombiU Sequel Ruled Out

brbbrb Posts: 27,405
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Due to ZombiU being "no where near profitable" Ubisoft have announced that a sequel isn't even up for consideration and they have no desire to even consider it. They also announced that the poor ZombiU sales were the reason for Rayman going multi-platform. What is actually more worrying is that ZombiU is nearly always in the top 10 Wii U charts - so it actually just demonstrates how terribly games are selling. It would be interesting to hear how TT Games is finding Lego City sales.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-09-there-are-no-plans-for-a-zombiu-sequel-says-ubisoft-ceo
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a496740/ubisofts-yves-guillemot-no-plans-for-a-zombiu-sequel.html

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind an **updated** PS4 version of ZombiU (using the PSVita as a controller) tbh! :)
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    If Ubisoft pull out then it may as well be the final nail in the coffin
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    If Ubisoft pull out then it may as well be the final nail in the coffin

Yes, I'm starting to think it's becoming too late for Nintendo to claw it back. This generation, 1st party exclusives aren't going to be enough to secure sales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Yes, I'm starting to think it's becoming too late for Nintendo to claw it back. This generation, 1st party exclusives aren't going to be enough to secure sales.

Let's be honest ... By the time the big hitters arrive in 2014 (such as MarioKart) the WiiU is gonna be well & truly buried. #sadbuttrue :(

(The final nail in the coffin will be a ***guaranteed*** PS4 / PSVita bundle ---- with a free 12month plus membership included naturally) ;)
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZombiU sales being low is probably down to the fact that it isn't very good rather than being down to the WiiU. I doubt very many people would be that bothered that they've not made a sequel.

I would be more interested to see if they make another Lego City game and whether it had decent figures, as that was a bit of a surprise hit. The problem with the WiiU isn't the hardware, it's the software as most people understand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    ZombiU sales being low is probably down to the fact that it isn't very good rather than being down to the WiiU. I doubt very many people would be that bothered that they've not made a sequel.

I would be more interested to see if they make another Lego City game and whether it had decent figures, as that was a bit of a surprise hit. The problem with the WiiU isn't the hardware, it's the software as most people understand.

ZombiU is the 3rd best selling Wii U game as it stands - being beaten by Nintendoland (includes bundles though) and NSMBU.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    ZombiU is the 3rd best selling Wii U game as it stands - being beaten by Nintendoland (includes bundles though) and NSMBU.

It's up there I suspect because it was sold as a bundle with Wii U too.

It still doesn't hide the fact that its not a very good game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    It's up there I suspect because it was sold as a bundle with Wii U too.

It still doesn't hide the fact that its not a very good game.

ZombiU is my favourite WiiU title & I've bought all of em! :)

(The fact it's sequel isn't gonna happen on the WiiU is extremely saddening but like I've said previously hopefully it'll make the jump 2 PS4) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    ZombiU is my favourite WiiU title & I've bought all of em! :)

(The fact it's sequel isn't gonna happen on the WiiU is extremely saddening but like I've said previously hopefully it'll make the jump 2 PS4) :cool:

I know there are some that like it but unfortunately it just didnt work. I have to say I buy Nintendo for the games we know and love not for games like Zombie U.

The Wii U situation seems very similar to the 3ds one a few years ago. The vita was gonna wipe the floor with it, it's doomed, etc. Although the Vita is a good device as soon as the Nintendo games started rolling out for the 3DS it hasn't really looked back.

Having said that I think they need to push forward MarioKart as much as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore me - wrong thread xD