Options

Why do American TV shows randomly break in the middle of a series?

124»

Comments

• Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    To be honest, it isn't the mid season break I have an issue with. It's all the bloody skipped weeks in each half of the season. They show 1 or 2 new episodes, then take a week's break where they show a repeat, then show another couple of new episodes then take another break and so it goes on.

To be fair it depends on the show & network

For example, Glee on FOX has been on & off mainly because of The World Series, While Big Bang Theory on CBS got thru something like 8 weeks without a break.
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    To be fair I don't think most of the Brits objecting to the breaks actually blame the Americans for this. I put the blame firmly on those who insist on the programmes being broadcast in the UK so soon after the US rather than us having a schedule that suits us.

Yes totally

You can't complain about it if you insist we air them as close to the US as possible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a fun thread.

Going round and round in circles. MoreTears is perhaps one of the more knowledgeable and literate posters on here about US TV so does deserve some airtime.

How a thread on this topic can turn personal so quickly is a wonder to behold.

We should all just be grateful that we have choice now. Choice to decide which US series we watch and choice as to the pace we watch them at. Some even wait until the DVD boxset so they can watch them back to back.

Compare this to the situation before the Internet when channel controllers decided if we got to see US series at all and then we were at their mercy for when they scheduled them.

To complain about the production pace and original air date seems churlish.