Jin isn't dead?

Comments

• leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was the guys name who had the heart rate monitor strapped to his arm??

Martin Keamy
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Martin Keamy
    thank you:)

I need to pay more attention:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he or Micheal are dead (michael cant seem to die anyway), Christian told Micheal he can go now ala he must have traveled along with others on the boat too the island through whatever time traveling ability Christian has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    As somebody pointed out ealier the flashback/flashforward episode has a few clues.

Jin's old style phone
    It's the year of the Dragon (2000 (mostly))
    He's only been married 2 months.
    He works for Sun's dad (and is eager to please him, hence the panic when he loses the first Panda).

As for whether he's dead. I would like to think he'd jumped and was picked up by Daniel.

The freighter was outside the Island's time field as Daniel's experiment proved (although that doesn't work with radio waves) so it's likely the Zodiac was also outside the "field" when the "Island moved"

However that would leave the Zodiac in the middle of nowhere and as I don't think Daniel is dead (as he's too important) there's more to be seen there.

Oh and something Charlotte said made me think could she be Annie? Ben's childhood friend as her fate is not known and it's not clear she was in the "purge" and she was looking for him when she turned up on the island. Think about it, she was the one who discovered the polar bear in Tunisia and instantly recognised the Dharma symbol.

One other piece of speculation is that ageless Richard is from the crew of the Black Rock. I thought perhaps he was a time traveller and therefore the Orchid would provide that answer but I watched "The Man behind the Curtain" after my revelation about Charlotte and Ben said at the beginning "You do remember Birthday's, don't you Richard?" so I'm going with the ageless and Black Rock theory.
    RA
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I hope Jin isnt dead, he's one of my favourite characters.
  • JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he or Micheal are dead (michael cant seem to die anyway), Christian told Micheal he can go now ala he must have traveled along with others on the boat too the island through whatever time traveling ability Christian has.
    He said that in reference to the fact that "The Island wouldn't let Michael die" despite his attempts to kill himself. Christian meant Michael was now free to die, as he intended. He's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possible that Jin will wash up on the shore two days before the Island moves - after all something similar happened to the Doctor on the freighter after he was killed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    As somebody pointed out ealier the flashback/flashforward episode has a few clues.

Jin's old style phone
    It's the year of the Dragon (2000 (mostly))
    He's only been married 2 months.
    He works for Sun's dad (and is eager to please him, hence the panic when he loses the first Panda).

As for whether he's dead. I would like to think he'd jumped and was picked up by Daniel.

The freighter was outside the Island's time field as Daniel's experiment proved (although that doesn't work with radio waves) so it's likely the Zodiac was also outside the "field" when the "Island moved"

However that would leave the Zodiac in the middle of nowhere and as I don't think Daniel is dead (as he's too important) there's more to be seen there.

Oh and something Charlotte said made me think could she be Annie? Ben's childhood friend as her fate is not known and it's not clear she was in the "purge" and she was looking for him when she turned up on the island. Think about it, she was the one who discovered the polar bear in Tunisia and instantly recognised the Dharma symbol.

One other piece of speculation is that ageless Richard is from the crew of the Black Rock. I thought perhaps he was a time traveller and therefore the Orchid would provide that answer but I watched "The Man behind the Curtain" after my revelation about Charlotte and Ben said at the beginning "You do remember Birthday's, don't you Richard?" so I'm going with the ageless and Black Rock theory.
    RA

YES!! I think you're spot-on! That would make loads of sense - and the invisible people on the Island who can be heard whispering are the original crew of the "Black Rock"?

I was only joking of course yesterday when I made the comment about it would be funny if Captain Jack Sparrow turned out to be the captain of the Black Rock - that Richard character certainly wears a heck of a lot of eye make-up! :) I've really been aware of that from very early on :)

(I quite like men in eye make-up - but Johnny Depp suits it a hell of a lot better than Richard!)

And very, very interesting thought that Charlotte could be Annie...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    JonJonB wrote: »
    He said that in reference to the fact that "The Island wouldn't let Michael die" despite his attempts to kill himself. Christian meant Michael was now free to die, as he intended. He's gone.

This is how I read it.

Michael has been allowed to die, because he has achieved Redemption through self-sacrifice.

And Redemption is one of the main things - if not THE main thing - I've always believed "Lost" is essentially about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would of thought he died on that ship however it is lost so anything could happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely it must of moved, we saw the view from the helicopter of where the island had been, and all we saw was water - no boat!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Thanks Icefire, I've been kicking that one around since "The Brig" - glad somebody else agrees it could be a possible connection. :)

Soapsaddict, I don't know if that's conclusive as the Zodiac was heading away from the island and the helicopter flying to it, one could have been above the other when the island moved.
    RA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it must of moved, we saw the view from the helicopter of where the island had been, and all we saw was water - no boat!

Good call on the boat. I think I agree with this. Daniel and the rest of the guys on the boat were taken away with the Island.

As for Jin, there is every chance that he still alive and also was taken with the Island. This is Lost so you can never be quite sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Icefire, I've been kicking that one around since "The Brig" - glad somebody else agrees it could be a possible connection. :)

Soapsaddict, I don't know if that's conclusive as the Zodiac was heading away from the island and the helicopter flying to it, one could have been above the other when the island moved.
    RA

Possibly!

But I still think they would have spied them when the looked around, even if we did not!

Jack and tht were looking backwards out of the plane, so even if they were going in opposite directions, they would have spotted them!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im hoping that Daniel will find him in the sea. To be honest, if the island isnt there anymore, Daniel and some backgrounders wouldnt really be enough to carry a chunk of the next series, which leads me to believe that if Daniel survives, Jin would have to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is Lost so you can never be quite sure.

Thats the whole point of the show! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    "It's possible that Jin will wash up on the shore two days before the Island moves - after all something similar happened to the Doctor on the freighter after he was killed. "

Great theory ... hadn't thought of that one , same applies to Daniel I guess ?
  • LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surley if the zodiac with daniel (and I hope Jin) onhad not gone with the Island Jack and the othersw would have made their way towards it or vicev versa. Especially as they would have seen the copter crash. There wasnt enough time for them to be that far away. And don forget the frater was closer that ever because we couldnt see it form the Island at first. therefore i beleive that the boat was taken with this island when it moved taking Daniel and jin with it.
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    What about when Walt visits Hurley:

H: We're lying to protect those left behind
    W: Like my dad?
    H: Yes

not exact quotes, obviously. But hmmmmm

But Hurley looks very uncomfortable when he says yes. He is protecting Walt by letting him think that is dad is still alive. At least that's what I think.
    Forum Member
    littlelady wrote: »
    I actually thought Jin's 'Flashback' was a flashforward.. I know he wasn't visiting Sun he was visiting someone else.. But I still thought it was supposed to be a flash forward. I didn't realise it was a flashback?!?

Yes. There were clues. The old chunky mobile phone that Jin had. The year of the dragon (00-01). Him telling the staff that the hospital that he has only been married 2 months.
    Forum Member
    IceFire wrote: »

I couldn't understand why Sun seemed to be joining forces with Charles Widmore - surely he, ultimately, was more responsible than anyone for Jin being dead? The mercenary guy was acting as his agent.

I didn't interpret it that she is. She wants him to THINK she is, but I believe she wants to bring him down in some way.
  • the_bullthe_bull Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    My guess is that by the time we return to the island (however many months/years in the future that is likely to be), Jin will not only be alive, but also speaking fluent English thanks to Charlotte.

Why else would they have introduced the fact that she spoke Korean?

That's actually a very good point. I didn't think of that, but it makes complete sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_bull wrote: »
    That's actually a very good point. I didn't think of that, but it makes complete sense.

i also agree with this
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    We know Mickey-boy is dead cuz the actor has thrown a very public childish paddy about being killed off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    We know Mickey-boy is dead cuz the actor has thrown a very public childish paddy about being killed off.
    yes i thought it was quite obvious that he was being allowed to die by the island in the end after doing what he had gone back for