Options

Birmingham City part company with Lee Clark

soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just breaking now. Lee Clark has been sacked by Birmingham City. Steve Watson has also gone and for now Malcom Crosby takes temporary charge until they can find a new manager

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-10-20/birmingham-city-part-company-with-lee-clark/

Comments

• Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,548
    Forum Member
    Would have gone a while ago if Brum had the money to sack him.

They must have found some or got so desperate!
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope they don't go after David Moyes :(
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I feel for him having to work with such little money available, the home record over the past year has been completely unacceptable and it's time for a change.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member

Dont worry, we couldn't afford to pay his travel fees let alone a wage.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From your location I presume you are either a Birmingham or Villa fan? If you are Birmingham then why would you not want someone like Moyes?

There's no way he would go to a team near the bottom of the Championship anyway but if he did it would be a great appointment. And this coming from a Liverpool fan
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,186
    Forum Member

Is this a joke? Not sure what to make of it.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise really. Only managed to stay up with a goal with the last kick of the game on the last game of last season and back struggling down there again this season.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Rowett would be a good appointment for Birmingham. In this months Four Four Two he is interviewed and he is clearly a highly rated young manager
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago Dave Basset would have got this job in 10 seconds flat. Gary Rowett, would be a good choice, a step up the ladder for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rowett would be a good appointment for Brum. He is also an ex-cafc player which further enhances his credentials for me :p
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    The word is that Pete Winkleman [MK Dons chairman] turned down an approach for Karl Robinson on Tuesday.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,186
    Forum Member
    SnrDev wrote: »
    The word is that Pete Winkleman [MK Dons chairman] turned down an approach for Karl Robinson on Tuesday.

I can't believe Birmingham have got enough money to think about poaching someone elses manager.