Options

Forza 4

Comments

• Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I just took some top end Aston round the TG test track. Very tense:eek:

Should really crack on with the career but I keep finding myself drawn to thrashing the really fast cars down some big straights:o:D
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Taking some time to install here hehe, there's quite a few downloads too like the BMW M5 autovista pack weighing in at around 350mb and a track pack etc. Think I may go for the season pass, it seems like good value.

Oh and I was SO happy to be greeted with a gamma adjustment when you first start the game! Superb, now everything looks even better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone say best racing game ever? ;)

I love the Autovista mode, the way you have to unlock each car and complete a challenge, really brings some much needed personality to the Forza series. The cars are really worth gawping over, just completed the Ferrari 458 Itallia challenege and very impressed with the new handling, the sense of speed and the weight of the cars is very impressive, and the sound! my god the sound...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone say best racing game ever? ;)

I love the Autovista mode, the way you have to unlock each car and complete a challenge, really brings some much needed personality to the Forza series. The cars are really worth gawping over, just completed the Ferrari 458 Itallia challenege and very impressed with the new handling, the sense of speed and the weight of the cars is very impressive, and the sound! my god the sound...

It is pretty amazing. I was in the Zonda earlier when you hit the high revs it is out of this world.

Never thought I'd say this but this my GOTY so far although I know MW3 will take that crown.
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woot, it just arrived! Very excited. :cool:

Same here just gotta get work out the way and get home now!
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    got my copy of the game at home too today, the importing of your profile what does it give you as i was thinking get some more done of forza 3 first and then transfer it over to get some high end cars etc.

theres a code included it says on the back of the box as i got a code too from shopto for preordering.
  • Options
    User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine this morning.....looking good so far..

Just set a 1:43.444 in the 'Star in a reasonably priced car'

:)

I can see that level being addictive..
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you need to install this game? I'm on a 4GB jobbie.. will I need to plug in my external HD? Or will it play from disc?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need to install this game? I'm on a 4GB jobbie.. will I need to plug in my external HD? Or will it play from disc?

Don't think 4Gb isn't enough to install this game.

Stuck at work. Argh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    10.5GB install if you wish to install.
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    10.5GB install if you wish to install.

Is this figure the total of both discs installed or do you only need disc 2 installed ?

I'm going to be getting short on space with getting rage last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wod1 wrote: »
    Is this figure the total of both discs installed or do you only need disc 2 installed ?

I'm going to be getting short on space with getting rage last week.

Not sure. I have both discs installed so imagine both but could be wrong. The 2nd disc is just added content anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It used to always be the case with Forza if you didn't have a HDD then you couldn't watch replays, I'm not sure how that will work with the 4GB, or if that's even still the case. If you can then at least install the content from the second disk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what starter car is everyone using for career?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what starter car is everyone using for career?

I used a Vauxhall Agila:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ford Ka

Benchmarked at 111 max mph :D

I already got my eye on some good alloys for it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm now driving a Ford focus RS with my dsGB design up the side of it:D
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had any disc problems?

The first time I put the Forza 4 disc in yesterday, it got to the first loading screen and crashed with 'Unreadable' disc error but worked fine after that for the rest of the day. I installed the whole of disc 1 and 2 to the hard drive after that.

Today I put the disc in and it took ages to read the disc and eventually started.

I've just done a quick search on Google and found loads of people on other forums complaining about this problem, some have even been banned from playing it online due to Microsoft thinking they have a pirated disc!!

I have a Xbox 360 Slim 250GB only bought in February and plays every other game perfectly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Audi R8 with custom Top Gear livery I just bought. Looks pretty cool.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9202/audi2m.jpg
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2.8 gb is the extra content disc. So if you have a USB stick or hdd configured the you will have to use that unless you clear everything off the 4gb Xbox memory.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was fun. Got to about level 20 already and earned some achievements. I wasn't quick enough to look down and see what they were, except one which was for "Sunday Driver"! The cheek. :D

Bought 3 cars. All A class: Lotus 2 Elven, 2012 BMW M5 and a Tesla Roadster. Quite like driving the latter - all you hear is the wind and the tyres.

Hardest part is; I've bought a SpeedWheel and it's quite different to using the standard controller I always used. I think it could be set up better, although all cars seem harder to control than in FM3 and I don't think real cars slip into 'tank slapper' so easily and so irrevocably. And Rally di (long) is gone. :cry:
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    How does Kinect work on this game and does it add anything different / better ?
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    How does Kinect work on this game and does it add anything different / better ?

I've tried the Kinect integration and it isn't great.

The first thing I tried was AutoVista with Kinect. You are supposed to be able to walk round the car, open doors, the boot, bonet, etc but on mine, it just kept spinning so every time I tried to open a door, by the time it had 'locked on' to the handle, it had moved away! I gave up and went back to the controller - much easier!

The second feature is allowing you to steer with your hands, the game controls the acceleration and braking, you just steer - defeats the object of the game really!

The third feature is head tracking, you can turn your head slightly to look left and right. It worked at first and I thought it was quite good, but yesterday evening, I went to play Top Gear Football with some mates and it all went haywire. It kept coming up with an error message saying it couldn't track me then it kept looking left and right without me even moving. I had to turn it off.

I personally feel really let down with the Kinect. Except for a few mini-games like Kinect Sports, it doesn't work very well in other games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is actually more of reason for me to pick up Kinect than Child of Eden as I've read the head tracking works well.

I have made very little progress on the main World Tour mode, in fact I've only completed a handful of races outside of Autovista, yet I've somehow sunk hours into this game, and that's not been online racing either., it's just from simply picking cars and racing them around the Top Gear Test Track and admiring their beauty in replays and photo mode. The car models are insanely detailed. It really is a true automotove playground as advertised, it's a bit more than just a game and even Turn 10 admitted it's about the cars first and the racing after.

I actually read that Turn10 now have the rights to PGR, which I would like see them let their hair down for a bit on a new installment, MS must not let that franchise die!
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game!

It beats GT5 in every area. My GOTY so far.

Currently I have a time in the SIARPC of 1.43.0xx but I messed up with the clutch on one corner so could easily get that down to 1.42.xxx.

Autovista is nothing short of brilliant. The Jeremy Clarkson stuff is top notch.

I can't praise Turn 10 enough for the amount of effort that has went into this game. 10/10 score from me and that's not a score I give often at all.