Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    pre-orded got her last two albums wich were fab
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's now on the Radio 1 C Playlist! :D

Wow this is amazing! This is truly going to Demi's breakout single!
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This wesbite has reportedly heard "Two Pieces" a song from the album

http://www.pophatesfags.net/blog/review-demi-lovato-two-pieces/

This is the review they wrote.
    After the release of the DEMI tracklisting last week, a lot of fans were curious about some of the tracks and the general direction of the album! Here at PopHatesFags, we aim to please; so we decided to write a review on one of our favourite songs (and a potential future single), ‘Two Pieces’!

Before the release of ‘Heart Attack’, ‘Two Pieces’ was actually the rumoured first single. Written by Jason Evigan and Mitch Allan, who worked on the aforementioned ‘Heart Attack’, Lovato also enlisted the help of the criminally underrated Livvi Franc for help on the track.

As far as the sound, the song is pretty standard Lovato fare. It’s pop-rock, but in contrast to Unbroken, this one is a little more indie-sounding – it’s something you might expect from singers such as Sara Bareilles or Christina Perri. The song starts out with some light percussion before Lovato starts singing. “There’s a girl in the window, tears rolling down her face,” she sings, in what is clearly a personal song to Lovato. The chorus hits pretty quickly, with Lovato’s characteristic powerhouse vocals backed up by some thumping drums.”We’ll never fall apart, cos we fit together like two pieces of a broken heart,” sings Demi. In fact, probably the most interesting part of the song is actually the lyrics. There’s talk of “two lost children” and some pretty depressing imagery, but the ultimate message is one of a relationship which will never fall apart. Sweet!

While we’re not sure if the song will ever get the single treatment, we can definitely see it being a fan favourite for live performances

Really excited about this one, a lot of people have loved it!
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in assuming there are no other songs from the album besides Heart Attack out there yet?

Unbroken was one of my favourite albums of 2011, I liked Here We Go Again but not quite as much. I absolutely love Heart Attack but I want to hear at least one other song before pre ordering :3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in assuming there are no other songs from the album besides Heart Attack out there yet?

Unbroken was one of my favourite albums of 2011, I liked Here We Go Again but not quite as much. I absolutely love Heart Attack but I want to hear at least one other song before pre ordering :3

No songs yet, album snippets should be out soon I presume
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WORSE NEWS!!!!

The UK date has been pushed back to May 20th!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    WORSE NEWS!!!!

The UK date has been pushed back to May 20th!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

For the album or single?
    Isn't that around the time of the Britain's Got Talent live shows, probably? I'm sure Simon can give her a performing slot ;) It's very convinient timing ;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the album or single?
    Isn't that around the time of the Britain's Got Talent live shows, probably? I'm sure Simon can give her a performing slot ;) It's very convinient timing ;).

Album, the single is out on May 12th. I really hope she gets a BGT slot! If she does, top 3 easily!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the album or single?

I'm really hoping he does! It will really showcase how much she can sing LIVE and put a few UK artists to shame(not naming any) :p
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Album, the single is out on May 12th. I really hope she gets a BGT slot! If she does, top 3 easily!

So can we expect to see her over here then, and maybe actually do a gig or 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not on the album but a snippet of a track titled Abracadabra with Timbaland has leaked. It was rumoured a while ago to feature on Timbaland's new album but whether it will or not...

It's only a few seconds but sounds promising

http://lalovatoland.tumblr.com/post/48981347859/snippet-of-abracadabra
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

When do live shows start? And she will Simon will definitely sort that out for her :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    When do live shows start? And she will Simon will definitely sort that out for her :)

I don't thing anything has been announced yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »

the live shows are usually the last week in May
    Forum Member
    Radio 1 has playlisted Heart Attack on the B List!!! :D
    Forum Member
    It's not on the album but a snippet of a track titled Abracadabra with Timbaland has leaked. It was rumoured a while ago to feature on Timbaland's new album but whether it will or not...

It's only a few seconds but sounds promising

http://lalovatoland.tumblr.com/post/48981347859/snippet-of-abracadabra

It sounds good but I kind of expect more than good because they worked so well together on Unbroken :D. I hope the full version gets released though.
    Forum Member
    US Store 'Target' is getting a bonus track on Demi called "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me", that's such an amazing title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Review from someone who attended the album listening party in New Zealand
    Living up to my “First for pop gossip” tagline once again, I, VanHudge, am phresh out of the exclusive Universal Music listening party for Demi Lovato’s new album DEMI. After hearing the album, I’m absolutely certain that this is the year of Demi. The album drops in New Zealand on May 10th and Worldwide on May 14th, but you can read all about the album right now!

THE PARTY

The listening party itself was a bit basic, bless their souls. As we arrived at the Universal Music NZ Headquarters in Auckland, our phones were taken off us (it was hard not being able to tweet all the shade I was thinking), and we walked into a room with a few posters of Demi on the walls and some purple streamers and balloons stuck up around the place. Cute. We were a little disappointed that they were just playing MTV Hits as we waited – they could have at least played some of Demi’s older music or even fellow Hollywood Records artists (Because let’s face it, they need all the promo they can get).

We were invited to grab something to drink, and of course I opted for a Red Bull #SoberIsSexy. The Umusic staff started out with a few spot prizes, and some of the attendees couldn’t contain their excitement – one particularly excited fan told his friend “I hope I don’t throw up” – a bit on the nose there, buddy. They then took us into the board room where we watched a short video message from Demi herself, congratulating us for making it to the listening party, and telling us to “enjoy the pizza”. (She also said she’d love to come to New Zealand soon, but I’m sure she’ll be doing another three South American tours before she makes it here.)

THE ALBUM

The second single from DEMI is Made In the USA, and I can tell you right now, this one is going to be huge. Demi’s vocals are just as powerful and perfect as every track she does, but what really sets this track apart is the upbeat pop-perfection production. Made In The USA has an enormous chorus, and it definitely has the potential to be Demi’s biggest hit yet. The track also sets the tone for the rest of the album: big pop tracks with strong beats and soaring vocals.

Another stand out track was Neon Lights, a bona-fide club track that I know I’ll be dancing to for months. Neon Lights is killer electro-pop track, and the bridge builds up to an addictive chorus. I am READY to hear this in the clubs, like right now!

Without the Love and Nightingale were slower tracks, but they still had a powerful beat that kept the energy of the album going. Two Pieces was another one of the slower tracks, and this one was way more chill, and a very sweet song. I couldn’t help but think it sounded a little bit like a better version of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

In Case was giving me some Bridgit Mendler vibes, which isn’t surprising given that it was co-written by Bridgit’s collaborator Emanuel Kiriakou. The song still fit with the rest of the album though, and Demi’s vocals were as good as ever.

Really Don’t Care was a really fun track. Basic as hell, but fun. It was upbeat, with plenty of angst, and then of course there was Cher Lloyd’s rap. Demi could have had anyone join her on this track – I don’t think Cher added anything too special to the album – but you know, it was a solid track and I still enjoyed it.

Fire Starter was a little more serious, but Demi was still serving up that strong driving beat that I was LIVING for. Next up was Something That We’re Not – a more upbeat pop-rock track that had PLENTY of cowbell. This track wouldn’t be out of place on a One Direction album, which leads me to believe that Demi was getting some one-D when she was recording this one!

Never Been Hurt and Shouldn’t Come Back were two more strong tracks that had the whole room going. There were some Kelly Clarkson/Taylor Swift vibes in these last few tracks – Demi even putting her own spin on Taylor’s angsty speaking bit in We Are Never Getting Back Together.

Finally came Warrior. This track was devastatingly perfect. A kind of sequel to Skyscraper and For The Love of a Daughter, Warrior was a piano ballad where Demi sang about overcoming all the negativity in her life and rising above it. I was teary eyed the whole way through. The chord progression in the chorus was just perfection. I could feel some Christina Aguilera influence in this song – this track is like Hurt, but with even more power, passion and emotion.

Listening to this album, I can already tell it’s going to be Demi’s biggest record yet. This album is a huge leap forward from her last album Unbroken. The sound of the album was much more consistent, and the upbeat pop songs were miles ahead of the awkward collaborations she’d done in the past (does anyone know what happened to Dev?). As a long-time Lovatic, I feel like Demi has given us an amazing album that we can all be proud to white-girl-tweet lyrics from.

I give DEMI 5/5 Studded denim jackets.

http://moot.co.nz/2013/05/05/review-demi-album-listening-party/
  • AdversityAdversity Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Made in the USA is STUNNING.

I heard the demo for In Case earlier and it will most definitely be my anthem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exciting!!!! But I'm waiting for my CD to listen to it
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    How exciting!!!! But I'm waiting for my CD to listen to it

They're not leaks, Demi's streaming them. I've loved every single track so far!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z-k9r50B2YI : Two Pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5jlfrwj-ww0 : Nightingale