OMG - Fifi Trixibelle (Geldof)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not so much that she is a bit tubby, but what she was wearing was vile, the bra showing underneath was completely dreadful. she looked a state.

otherwise i think there should be a lot more young ladies like her around its so boring seeing all these stick insects parading their skinny bones around.
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    ShinySue wrote: »
    Its not so much that she is a bit tubby, but what she was wearing was vile, the bra showing underneath was completely dreadful. she looked a state.

otherwise i think there should be a lot more young ladies like her around its so boring seeing all these stick insects parading their skinny bones around.

We need more people around who are clinically obese, do we?

Perhaps you should read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6180991.stm
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she is overweight but she looks far prettier then her two thinner sisters. I personally never saw the attraction in Peaches.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not exactly the most flattering of outfits, but Fifi looks better in the second from last picture.

At least she has attempted to carve a career behind the scenes, unlike her workshy, petulant sisters.
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree that these obese people should be role models. being overweight is as dangerous as being underweight.

What we need is normal weight people, not too fat, nott too thin.

And if you are bored of seeing all these stick insects parading their skinny bones around, don't buy Now, Closer, Heat, OK!, etc or Vogue, Tatler etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Fifi is seen as a role model anyway.

She has famous parents, but does not court the spotlight (unlike some names we could mention).
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I don't think Fifi is seen as a role model anyway.

She has famous parents, but does not court the spotlight (unlike some names we could mention).

agreed, but ShinySue said she would like to see more obese women around

i think there should be a lot more young ladies like her around its so boring seeing all these stick insects parading their skinny bones around.
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    I had forgotten all about Fifi, but in the Daily Mail I came across this,

Jesus, she is a big girl,

Good grief! You can see her mother in her though, can't you? I mean, face-wise, not size-wise! :D

That is one big girl. Peaches looks the most like her Ma, Pixie looks like neither of her parents and Tiger Lily was always a beautiful wee girl who looked the spit of her Dad.
    Forum Member
    pricesout wrote: »
    She is huge :eek:

Typical of the Daily Mail to have a go at someone's appearance - that paper and its readers are scum:mad:

No we're not, thank you very much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is so wrong in saying that we should be able to see a few more girls around with a bit more meat on their bones.

the media is obsessed with skinny skinny girls so that girls who are overweight are made to feel like paraiahs.

fifi looks happy in herself in those pictures, so WHAT if she is over weight. who said she is 'clinically obese' ? not me.

if it is wrong to have images of 'clinically obese' people in the media then it is also wrong to show stick thin women as neither image is a representation of what is considered to be healthy.
  • Rob793Rob793 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think she's gorgeous!! Beautiful face, great smile, healthy looking body. Absolutely stunning. That's a real woman!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is so wrong in saying that we should be able to see a few more girls around with a bit more meat on their bones.

the media is obsessed with skinny skinny girls so that girls who are overweight are made to feel like paraiahs.

fifi looks happy in herself in those pictures, so WHAT if she is over weight. who said she is 'clinically obese' ? not me.

if it is wrong to have images of 'clinically obese' people in the media then it is also wrong to show stick thin women as neither image is a representation of what is considered to be healthy.

I suppose if someone is naturally obese or stick thin, then it should not matter, but if someone is unhealthy then it will matter and is not healthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good for you rob.

more of her kind please, we want to see proper women not shrunken hags who have lost so much body fat they have to replace their natural chests with plastic ones.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob793 wrote: »
    Well I think she's gorgeous!! Beautiful face, great smile, healthy looking body. Absolutely stunning. That's a real woman!

Do you have to be a certain size to be a real woman?
    Forum Member
    Lucylock wrote: »
    I suppose if someone is naturally obese or stick thin, then it should not matter, but if someone is unhealthy then it will matter and is not healthy.

I agree with you, those who are unnaturally stick thin or clinically obese are not healthy, and neither is a good image to promote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off on a tangent, but Pixie is the spitting image of Michael Hutchence. She also looks nothing like Paula or Bob (but then to be fair, neither does Fifi). It could just be that Pixie has got an unrecognisable blend of Bob's eyes and Paula's mouth, rather than the unfortunate Peaches, who got her dad's distinctive jowly jaw.

I read the book Michael's mum and sister wrote about him the other week just because I was trying to find out if Pixie could possibly his. It was a good read. And online so free too.

I think that Pixie is the spitting image of Bob actually, all droopy eyed and doughy nosed, and Peaches the image of her mother. MH did'nt come on the scene till long, long after she was born.

IMO, Fifi and Tiger are both quite pretty but Pixie and Peaches look like they could be extras in Shameless - no matter how many designer clothes they wear (or nick!) or how much make up they trowel on they still manage to look rough and dirty, which is amazing for so called heiress's. I guess its that super strong Yates gene coming through....
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger looks very much like Fifi in the Disney pic at the end of the article.
  • Rob793Rob793 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucylock wrote: »
    Do you have to be a certain size to be a real woman?

Oh please! :rolleyes: Just take it with a pinch of salt. It's just great to see a beautiful young woman beaming. She looks really healthy to me. I knew the obese line would get trotted out, probably by the organic humus eating, celebrity diet followers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rob you and i are obviously on the same wavelength.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murraymar wrote: »
    Yes she is overweight but she looks far prettier then her two thinner sisters. I personally never saw the attraction in Peaches.

Probably because the Pouting One always has a face like a smacked backside. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Typical of the Daily Mail to have a go at someone's appearance - that paper and its readers are scum:mad:

Slightly OTT there.

Whilst I agree the DM can be pious and self-righteous in its articles, I wouldn't make such a sweeping statement about its readership.

I don't think much of the Daily Mirror, but if people want to read it that's up to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Rob793 wrote: »
    Oh please! :rolleyes: Just take it with a pinch of salt. It's just great to see a beautiful young woman beaming. She looks really healthy to me. I knew the obese line would get trotted out, probably by the organic humus eating, celebrity diet followers.

Very nice comments.

Yes she is a large young lady, but she sparkles a lot more than her skinnier sisters, especially Pixie, who looks absolutely awful.

Perhaps what we need more of are affirmative, empowering comments like yours and less of the negativity pushed at anyone who is overweight.

What we don't need is a nanny state telling us that we must phone some helpline if we are not conforming to the size chart pushed out by some Department of Health official. I cannot see how that would help anyone.

What could someone possibly say over to the phone to some desperate person whose waistline is over the regulation size? "Oh my god you are on your way to a heart attack, stop eating now."?

Obesity is not always down to what you eat, it's often down to the lifestyle accompanying it., but how would a phone call entice someone who might just need exercise out of the house and into the gym? Perhaps the person doesn't have the money for a gym after she/he's paid the rent and the bills. Of course they could just stop eating and use the food money I guess.

There are all sorts of reasons why people put on weight. I do agree that we as a society are getting larger, but I don't think that having thin-ness shoved down our throats all the time by the government and media is the way to go.

Sure Fifi could do with losing weight. She could also do with someone to advise her on how to dress since she obviously did it in the dark with her eyes closed.

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hold on, you say that 'she is huge', with an :eek: added but then you slag off the Daily Mail for doing exactly as you have just done.

If you are simply pointing out that she is a large girl, then the Mail is surely just doing the same...
  • Long ball LarryLong ball Larry Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Fifi is a lovely lass ... her other two siblings look like scrawny druggy hookers
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's much prettier than Peaches...but then that's not exactly difficult.:)