Options

Humax 9150 hangs in standby-record

I get his occasionally. The only way to stop the recording is to cut the power.

The last time the recording locked I put the thing into "on" and saw a recording (say) 21:00 - 21:30 in progress 8 hours later! Couldn't stop it.

I assume there is a glitch in the firmware that may skip the stop-record when say the Rx has become indecipherable and the clock/Tx unreadable, just at the time it should stop. But it is a guess. Albeit from a CEng MIEE of 40 years standing.

Anyone else seen this on Humax's?

OtA updates regularly.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Red wrote: »
    I get his occasionally. The only way to stop the recording is to cut the power.

The last time the recording locked I put the thing into "on" and saw a recording (say) 21:00 - 21:30 in progress 8 hours later! Couldn't stop it.

I assume there is a glitch in the firmware that may skip the stop-record when say the Rx has become indecipherable and the clock/Tx unreadable, just at the time it should stop. But it is a guess. Albeit from a CEng MIEE of 40 years standing.

Anyone else seen this on Humax's?

OtA updates regularly.

Have you tried reseting it using the Default Setting option in the Installation menu?

I can confirm that it has worked for me in the past with the same issue on the 9200, it seems to be some sort of corruption that is resolved after restoring the Default Settings!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    basically nothing in firmware will stop the recording when it has missed the stop time and continues recording. I have pressed every button, real or virtual. Getting function from the remote sometimes is impossible.

Power tactics are the only reliable solution.

It may be that I set the timer after the start time and put it in standby as I went to bed. If not there is nothing I did and no evidence.