Next-gen Xbox Name?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XBOX

That says it all, no need for silly names like Infinity, as it doesn't mean anything. Sony have kept with the sequential numbering, MS should keep it simples as well. imo.
  • Options
    DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XBOX

That says it all, no need for silly names like Infinity, as it doesn't mean anything. Sony have kept with the sequential numbering, MS should keep it simples as well. imo.

So what does XBOX mean then ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see the big deal doesn't matter if it's Xbox, 720 or Infinity I'm just more interested on the systems potential. Maybe thats just me.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »

Brand name. Everybody knows it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    bob2005 wrote: »
    To me the name of the system is not important when I buy a new console. The specs, games and look of the system plays a bigger part.

Except if you're Sony, then the look is totally unimportant, and stop asking us about it! :D
    DSWNSM wrote: »

Actually there's an interesting story behind that. as the machine was designed around DirectX, it was known internally as the "DirectX Box", which got abbreviated to "Xbox" in emails and memos.

They actually spent quite a bit of time and money trying to think of a final name for it, then just gave up and called it "Xbox"

The Xbox 360 name was implying that the machine was a revolution, so as for what the 3rd gen one will be called, I don't think it'll be Xbox 720, but will be something else. with Xbox in the name
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I thought it was called the Xbox 360 because if they called it the Xbox 2 it would sound outdated against its main rival " Playstation 3"