Samsung Galaxy S4

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jalal wrote: »
    iPhone 4s sold nearly 40 million alone in 2012
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/11/08/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-topped-apples-iphone-4s-in-q3-2012-sales

in 2012 Apple sold 100 million iphones (all models), f**kin impressive record considering all these reports apple are doomed etc;

Reports that Samsung are planning on 100m S4s for this year: http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-is-planning-an-enormous-launch-for-the-s4-2013-2
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Reports that Samsung are planning on 100m S4s for this year: http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-is-planning-an-enormous-launch-for-the-s4-2013-2
    One analyst's wild speculation.

That would mean selling as many S4s in ~9 months as the entire Galaxy S family has sold in a number of years.
    Not happening.
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally, I would only buy the S4 if stock Android was an option. Samsung would sell more (not that they need to) if they had a pre-installed launcher which gave the option to use stock Android or Android with the TouchWiz UI.
    I don't want to root the phone and change the ROM.
  • Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My upgrade with T-Mobile was due in December and have been patiently waiting for this phone,
    So just a date for release and then hope that EE bring out a good data and reasonably priced tariff on 4G so I can switch both over......
    Not holding much hope on the 4g side one can live in hope!! lol
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    For me personally, I would only buy the S4 if stock Android was an option. Samsung would sell more (not that they need to) if they had a pre-installed launcher which gave the option to use stock Android or Android with the TouchWiz UI.
    I don't want to root the phone and change the ROM.

Don't then. Install Nova launcher and have all the looks of vanilla Android while keeping all the features of the phone. Stock Android would get rid of almost all of them.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple sold more iPhone 4 and 4S than it did iPhone 5 in the final quarter of 2012 according to Gartner. The detailed breakdown will no doubt be in the paid for document.

[url] http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2335616 [/url]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Don't then. Install Nova launcher and have all the looks of vanilla Android while keeping all the features of the phone. Stock Android would get rid of almost all of them.

I don't want all the features. I want stock Android
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I don't want all the features. I want stock Android

exactly.

installing a new launcher doesnt remove the Samsung bloatware. it just adds another layer over the top.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    exactly.

installing a new launcher doesnt remove the Samsung bloatware. it just adds another layer over the top.

You can freeze or remove said bloatware. But to be honest on the S3, there isnt much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    You can freeze or remove said bloatware. But to be honest on the S3, there isnt much.

Its like with Sense though - its quite deeply ingrained.

Im not saying that the Samsung software is 'bad' its just that it stops you from getting speedy updates to new Android versions unless you want to flash custom ROMS. It would have to be a pretty special phone to tempt me away from stock at the mo.
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Is there as big a buzz about the S4 as there was for the S3? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Is there as big a buzz about the S4 as there was for the S3? :confused:

its a bit early for buzz isnt it ?
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested in the S4, currently got an S3.
    From what I've seen on the rumour-mill, there is an I9500 (international model) and I9505 (international with LTE/4G). The international S3 LTE was I9305 and had 2GB of RAM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its a bit early for buzz isnt it ?

Well it's coming out next month.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Says who?
  • Options
    Forum Member

rumoured to be announced next month isnt it ...... ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Says who?

Only a Korean analyst, that's who.

http://www.android.gs/samsung-galaxy-s4-release-date-specs/
  • Options
    Forum Member

So nobody who actually works for Samsung then :p

or actually knows for sure ... :p

probably not far off the truth but "a korean analyst says so" probably isnt quite enough to start a formal buzz going :D
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol, its fact then :eek:.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumoured to be announced next month isnt it ...... ?

I would expect to see it at Mobile World Congress this month.
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article says that the Korean research firm has said it will be announced in March, then goes on to ponder the likelihood of a quick release after the announcement - it doesn't actually seem to say that someone in Korea has claimed it will be released in March.
    It then goes on to refer to other reports which have claimed a March announcement and early-April release, which seems far more likely.

I highly doubt it'll be announced at MWC.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Step666 wrote: »
    The article says that the Korean research firm has said it will be announced in March, then goes on to ponder the likelihood of a quick release after the announcement - it doesn't actually seem to say that someone in Korea has claimed it will be released in March.
    It then goes on to refer to other reports which have claimed a March announcement and early-April release, which seems far more likely.

I highly doubt it'll be announced at MWC.

Either way it's going to be in the next 4-8 weeks until announcement / imminent release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It most definitely won't be shown at MWC. Samsung will hold their own event to unveil the handset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I am waiting for the S4 I will soon be (2months) out of my contract after having an HTC sensation :)