HDR - Intermittent channel scrambled or unavailable

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
Forum Member
Intermittently I'm getting a message come up during playback of recorded programmes:

This channel is scrambled or is currently unavailable

First noticed it when watching HD however it is also doing it with SD programmes as well. When the message comes up playback resumes within 10 to 20 seconds or the box locks up for over a minute and reboots itself. If I rewind it doesn't happen again so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual recording and I've never experienced it when watching live.

I'll contact Humax support but wondered it others are also suffering from this?

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scartart wrote: »
    Intermittently I'm getting a message come up during playback of recorded programmes:

This channel is scrambled or is currently unavailable

First noticed it when watching HD however it is also doing it with SD programmes as well. When the message comes up playback resumes within 10 to 20 seconds or the box locks up for over a minute and reboots itself. If I rewind it doesn't happen again so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual recording and I've never experienced it when watching live.

I'll contact Humax support but wondered it others are also suffering from this?

Does it happen at the same point in a recording playback or is it just random ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    no seems to be random. Happened three times last night. The first two were just pauses for 10-20 seconds, the last time was a full lock up and reboot and then it didn't happen again.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no seems to be random. Happened three times last night. The first two were just pauses for 10-20 seconds, the last time was a full lock up and reboot and then it didn't happen again.

Try a factory reset that usually seems to sort out this kind of odd glitch. If it still persists looks like a warranty issue.
    Forum Member
    I'll try a factory reset, I'll also try removing the hdmi and only use the scart. No real point in getting the box swapped out, this is a software issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No real point in getting the box swapped out, this is a software issue.

It might be a software issue, but some software issues can be triggered by hardware components that are not quite up to spec.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I get this message but appears when I try to access certain channels (some of the Zone channels, some of the music channels and some non-BBC radio channels as far as I can see so far).

As far as I can tell is always there though its not yet become a major annoyance as doesn't seem to affect non-main stream channels.
    Forum Member
    rich24 wrote: »
    I get this message but appears when I try to access certain channels (some of the Zone channels, some of the music channels and some non-BBC radio channels as far as I can see so far).

As far as I can tell is always there though its not yet become a major annoyance as doesn't seem to affect non-main stream channels.

Yes it is the same message you get when selecting a channel that is currently off-air. However I'm getting during playback of a recorded programme.