Boy's Body in Bath Story

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
Forum Member
✭✭
I've not seen a thread about this at all, apologies if there is one.

Xmas day, the body of a 15yr old boy was found in a bath, following a 999 call from a couple, both aged 27 claiming he'd drowned. He had been discovered with numerous injuries.

Four children from the flat have been taken into state care, two of them hospitalised.

The PM does not give any indication of the cause of death.

I'm surprised the case has not been discussed on here, and maybe because one of mine is 15 I care about this. However, it just seems something is very wrong. They're still waiting to confim the identity of the child from his family, weird.

Awful to think about it too much, but just wondering if others had followed the story and if I've missed anything?

ETA: Link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12084296

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ, that puts stuff into perspective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Christ, that puts stuff into perspective.

It really does.

I'm wondering why this hasn't 'bothered' people.

I'd have at least expected something from DS, but nothing at all.

:(
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    It really does.

I'm wondering why this hasn't 'bothered' people.

I'd have at least expected something from DS, but nothing at all.

:(

It's all been about that Bristol girl from what I've seen.

This is definitely thread worthy, just give people a chance to catch up.
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the boy related to the couple? If not who, why, what, when ????

Guess we will have to wait for more info on this before we can progress further.

If the couple were guilty of it they are pretty dumb phoning the police with todays forensics. No one will buy the "Oh he just happened to be taking a bath and drowned and also had multiple bruising".

A strange case indeed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should anyone wish to care, the 27 yr old couple have been charged.

Their age would suggest that they're not the parents, as would the reluctance of the police to release an ID yet even though they know who he is.

Poor thing. x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12084659

Sorry to digress from asking anything depending on how much I've had to drink, or if indeed I've had anything to drink.

(Mods: Once upon a time, the chatter forum was created for a reason. These days I really see no difference.)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This case bothers me, and it's only a couple of miles down the road from me where it happened.

There has been a lack of any details so far in the press.

I'm wondering if the poor lad had been trafficked in, which is why he seems to be unknown to anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that the woman is a relative of some sort, hence them not releasing her name.

Horrid, whatever the true crime turns out to be.

All those kids injured, one so far as he's dead? This one bugs me - sorry.
  • mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Original reports mentioned the boy being in the care of a sister and her partner. A neighbour also reported that they were became residents in the property two weeks ago and he heard a terrible scream and disturbance Christmas Day and seeing a blood soaked sheet being removed from the property by police.
    Whatever the events of that day, it's a tragedy for a young boy to go before his time.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I have been watching the news reports for this case..but they havent given out many details..was trying to work out the relationship of the couple to the boy..as they were too young to be parents...also having more children removed from the flat..2 recieved hospital treatment but were relaeased..

Children are in protective care..post mortem has failed to find an exact cause of death..all a bit odd but am sure more will emerge in time..possibly more people involved in something so keeping details back at the moment..otherwise I dont know why details are so sketchy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I have been watching the news reports for this case..but they havent given out many details..was trying to work out the relationship of the couple to the boy..as they were too young to be parents...also having more children removed from the flat..2 recieved hospital treatment but were relaeased..

Children are in protective care..post mortem has failed to find an exact cause of death..all a bit odd but am sure more will emerge in time..possibly more people involved in something so keeping details back at the moment..otherwise I dont know why details are so sketchy.

Lets hope the detained couple weren't involved with producing Child-Snuff Movies, which might explain the death, the injuries sustained by the other children, and the lack of an obvious relationship between the adults of the household and the other child occupants.

Just a theory nothing more. :)
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    It's all been about that Bristol girl from what I've seen.

This is definitely thread worthy, just give people a chance to catch up.

It`s on todays front pages too but no mention of those poor kiddies :(
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    this whole story seems strange. i felt so sad when i saw the tower block where it happened, families with kids should not be living in them. i don't see why people are blinkered into thinking it's great to live in london when you just end up in a highrise, i'd rather be further afield if it meant the quality of living was a bit better.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tragic tale - it reads as if something is not being said just yet. Does that even make sense? I know what I mean. Poor kid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the woman is a relative of some sort, hence them not releasing her name.

Horrid, whatever the true crime turns out to be.

All those kids injured, one so far as he's dead? This one bugs me - sorry.

She has been named on the Sky website.

It is strange that so little has been reported on this though.

Quote:
    Eric Baikubi, 27, of Hathaway Crescent, east London, and Magalie Bamu, also 27 and of the same address, will appear at the Old Bailey on December 30.

Police have not released the identity of the dead boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a very, very brief article on the DM website which gives nothing away and the comments section is closed because they are unable to accept comments "for legal reasons".
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an extremely peculiar case.
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the last pizza he ate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Original reports mentioned the boy being in the care of a sister and her partner. A neighbour also reported that they were became residents in the property two weeks ago and he heard a terrible scream and disturbance Christmas Day and seeing a blood soaked sheet being removed from the property by police.
    Whatever the events of that day, it's a tragedy for a young boy to go before his time.

This is a bit more info from The Sun.

Appears to be the boys sister and boyfriend who only moved there two weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I saw this story, and I also wondered where all the headlines were. I was looking for info yesterday. Desperately sad.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    my guess is that there is a bit of a hush because of similar stories like baby P
    the police/courts can block media reporting
    The lad sounds like he was subject to long term abuse at the hands of his sister and her bf, and the other kids were too, but this poor lad has ended up dead infact it really reminds me of victoria climbie

no doubt reports will come in about how social services and other government bodies were aware of the family etc an apology will be issued the abusers will get a slap on the wrists and there will continue to be god nows how many other children in the UK living in situations like this
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    The mysterious disappearance and murder of a young blonde white woman, who was an architect living in an affluent area, will always take priority in the media over a young black teenager murdered in a tower block.

Sad but true I'm afraid.

Although I have to say I'm surprised about the amount of coverage the Joanna Yeates murder has received, if you think about the hundreds of people who go missing every day that you don't hear anything about, but I think the reasons for that will become clear soon enough.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i agree, this abuse has probably been going on for a long time. It's such a shame that he's had to die to save the other children from a life of despair.

watch now for his accusers to start mud slinging him. i hope the coroners office can prove this abuse has probably been ongoing and not an isolated incident.

they should throw away the key imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my guess is that there is a bit of a hush because of similar stories like baby P
    the police/courts can block media reporting
    The lad sounds like he was subject to long term abuse at the hands of his sister and her bf, and the other kids were too, but this poor lad has ended up dead infact it really reminds me of victoria climbie

no doubt reports will come in about how social services and other government bodies were aware of the family etc an apology will be issued the abusers will get a slap on the wrists and there will continue to be god nows how many other children in the UK living in situations like this

Not much speculation there :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    i agree, this abuse has probably been going on for a long time. It's such a shame that he's had to die to save the other children from a life of despair.

watch now for his accusers to start mud slinging him. i hope the coroners office can prove this abuse has probably been ongoing and not an isolated incident.

they should throw away the key imho.

Where to you glean this information from?