Premier League Discussion thread

Comments

• Leo91Leo91 Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    I think that may come (more likely 3 of them rather than all 4 as it's the English league not the Spanish ;) ) Marin is injured and Oscar is being rested after the Olympics. I know he came on but there is talk of sending him on a 2 week break as he's looked tired in training.

He looked pretty fresh coming on! :eek: If that's tired then watch out!
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    TalkSport just reported that Arsenal have signed Sahin from Real Madrid !!

Arsenal look to have a damn good midfield considering Cazorla , Arteta and Jack Wilshere hopefully back playing soon.
    Forum Member
    As regards tonight's game , sadly RVP doesn't start but still looking forward to seeing how Kagawa does , heard great things about him .

I'm not too sure about Carrick at CB especially with Fellini around at set pieces and the like but we've had tremendous success with Mascherano at CB so it can work out .
    Forum Member
    First big decision goes Uniteds way . The ref was looking directly at Valencia wresting the Everton guy to the floor in the box ..
    Forum Member
    Decent start from Kagawa ... looks to be a class player .
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Valencia at RB , you get the best of both worlds as he can defend well enough and attack up the wing when he the situation allows .
    Forum Member
    Looking forward I don't see Wellbeck starting many games this season . RVP and Rooney look to be shoe-ins for me , don't see too much rotation going on at all .
    Forum Member
    Impressed with United so far but you can just see Gibson smacking one in from 30 yards .. I'd get RVP on pronto as Everton are looking more and more dangerous as time goes on .
    Forum Member
    DeGea is my man of the first half :)
    Forum Member
    Felaini (spelling ) is having a storming game , best I've seen him play by a long way .

I'd get RVP plus one other on as soon as possible Wellbeck and Nani off , seriously .
    Forum Member
    1:0 to Everton .

Time for RVP surely !!??

My previous post was done BEFORE Everton scored incidentally :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about getting beat tbh, as Utd always start poor, they are always mid table, near the bottom after a good few games into the season, then next thing you know, they are at the top.
    Forum Member
    RVP on with 22 minutes remaining . I'd have brought him on 20 minutes ago at 0:0 . United chasing the game now .
    Forum Member
    ZicoZ wrote: »

I'm not too sure about Carrick at CB especially with Fellini around at set pieces and the like but we've had tremendous success with Mascherano at CB so it can work out .

Felaini outmuscled Carrick for the goal ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man Utd have been unbelievably poor. Welbeck is a championship player, and Nani is a dud.
    Forum Member
    Ref did United a favour there , definite booking really for Vidic for pulling the player back .

Some strange decisions by the ref tonight .
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    What's happened to Everton? They look like a half decent side at the start of the season for once!!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Man Utd have been unbelievably poor. Welbeck is a championship player, and Nani is a dud.
    And that Conference player Ashley Young!!
    Forum Member
    Well 2 minutes left and still 1:0 to Everton.

Fellaini was the clear man of the match tonight , Kagowa impressed for United IMHO.

No idea what's happened to Evra who looks a shadow of the player he used to be , Nani is just too unpredictable for my liking , I'd persist with Carrick at the back as he won't face many more players like Fellaini too often .

Edit .

Game over 1:0 to Everton and well deserved I have to say.

United have to hope that Liverpool do them a favour at the weekend and beat City or United could find themselves trailing last season's Champions by six points ...
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    What's happened to Everton? They look like a half decent side at the start of the season for once!!

Considering their usually slow starts to the season. They came racing out of blocks this time and knocked United for six. Fellaini was superb, controlling the game and playing at will. I don't know what happened to us today but United didn't look great, not really finding any meaningful penetration, which is surprising considering our attacking talent on offer. But if there's no means of getting the ball forward, how can we score? Everton defended resolutely. Baines and Hibbert played superbly tonight. I must say, Kagawa did well tonight but I do think what we are missing is a holding midfielder with some real physical presence who can anchor midfield.

Nani just gets on my nerves, dilly-dallying on the ball all day long. And this is what I mean - too many inconsistent players, Nani included. It's not like we were disastrously bad, but there is a lot of work to do to make this team a more cohesive unit. It will take time for the RVP/Rooney partnership to come alive, for example.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United have to hope that Liverpool do them a favour at the weekend and beat City or United could find themselves trailing last season's Champions by six points ...

It's highly unlikely that United will lose at home to Fulham on Saturday though.
    Forum Member
    It's highly unlikely that United will lose at home to Fulham on Saturday though.

Fulham won their first game 5:0 so it's not out of the question ...
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fulham won their first game 5:0 so it's not out of the question ...

There's a big difference between a home match against Norwich and an away game at Old Trafford.
    Forum Member
    There's a big difference between a home match against Norwich and an away game at Old Trafford.

True enough . I don't see United losing at home against Norwich but stranger things have happened . Look now Southampton performed against Man City , I had that as a 5:0 home victory .

To be honest when I was speculating about United going 6 points behind City I didn't know United's opponents ...
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First round of games over and done with then. Not a bad way to start. :D

Interested in what people think about the Liverpool situation. Everyones saying because of the fact they're Liverpool amd their history they should be expecting a top 4 finish but to be honest I just can't see them finishing there. Does expectation get in the way at times? Do clubs have a right to expect the top places ahead of other teams?

Norwich, Wigan and Villa are my early candidates for relegation. I think the Promoted clubs again will manage to stay up this time round. Really exciting league this year. :)