Man United Supporters Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Pick on me al you like. I have had a season ticket at OT since 1989 and am entitled to my opinion. The way the team plays now is poor compared to the feasts that I have seen. I find it disappointing to say the least.
    Statistics tell you one thing but quality is another and this team (as selected this evening) will not finish in the top four.

no one is picking on you, you made a typical knee jerk statement that "i predict low goals again".....note the again part. The fact we scored more goals last year then the previous few has been forgotten by you because we have lost one game.

And to top it all of you now say United are not even good enough for top 4. I repeat.....Its ONE game!

A season ticket entitles a person to the same opinion and the same corrections of that opinion as any other fan im afraid.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Pick on me al you like. I have had a season ticket at OT since 1989 and am entitled to my opinion. The way the team plays now is poor compared to the feasts that I have seen. I find it disappointing to say the least.
    Statistics tell you one thing but quality is another and this team (as selected this evening) will not finish in the top four.

This team won't be picked. We tend to play central defenders at the back when we can.

Having a season ticket does not give your opinion any extra credibility. You got the goals total thing completely wrong for a start so you saying "statistics tell you one thing" is irrelevant when it was yourself that mentioned the goal stat and got it hopelessly arse over tit.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your the one that mentioned statistics in scoring few goals this season.

I'm a Newcastle fan and I think utter crazy to say yous won't finish top 4. Yous will be fighting it out at the top no problem, its one game out of 38
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The formation was needs must. I suspect the idea behind Valencia at RB was because Fergie could trust him to be disciplined and sensible more so than Rafael.When you're playing with half a defence, that's important.

De Gea did very well though. Kagawa looked very decent. Rooney wasn't really in the game. Welbeck as usually looked like the guy just pleased to be there, like he'd won a raffle.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Oh are we really starting this rubbish after the first game of the season?

Christ.

I said it before the season started so it's before one game to be accurate. Playing people out of position as we did for half of last season will catch up with us this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said it before the season started so it's before one game to be accurate. Playing people out of position as we did for half of last season will catch up with us this time.

Oh that makes it better. Saying it before the season starts.

Where's your 'Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs' banner you trot out after every dropped point since 1991?
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    Wow, starts early this year.

Zexstream was joking. But.....
    At the end of the day when all's said and done, I think it's time for Fergie to retire after a relegation performance like that.

..... these two ^ aren't. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Fellaini won't be at Everton next year. I can guarantee that.

I'm surprised he's still there.

Nani should never be seen in a utd shirt again.

Fergie logic... defender injury crisis, centre midfield aging and been a problem for years... buy another attacker.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    At the end of the day when all's said and done, I think it's time for Fergie to retire after a relegation performance like that.

That's a very kneejerk reaction. It wasn't a disastrously bad performance, and there are some positives to take from it like Kagawa's performance and De Gea's first half performance, which frankly, kept us in the game when Everton could have easily been 2 up. But my usual annoyances included Nani, who had a bit of a shocker tonight, and whose crosses were dreadful. Everton defended well and worked hard. Fellaini was controlling this and playing at will, and he was outstanding tonight. I'm beginning to think that we really do need a holding midfielder with physical presence. But all in all, it wasn't totally bad, and we will improve. We weren't playing as cohesively as we should have tonight, and it just looked like there was no sparkle. Loads of dodgy moments in defence and I'm disappointed with Evra - not as up to it as he once was. We had the possession and did nothing with it, and that for me is the most disappointing thing, considering the attacking prowess we had on offer. It's all very well and good buying another striker when there are more probing and important issues with the team. The rest of the spine of the team needs sorting out (i.e. midfield) and a new left-back must be a consideration - we've got Buttner though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was lost away on the opening day against a decent side and we had two defenders on the pitch all game.

Criticise individuals, criticise selection. But the whole 'woe is us, I told you we'll have a crap season' is intolerable.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Dont worry too much fellas , just one of those days .

Everton played out of their skins and Wellbeck , Nani and Evra had off days as I see it .

Once RVP has settled in - things will be good , I believe .
    The midfield of Kagawa , Scholes and Cleverly looked promising to me . I'd start with Rooney and RVP every match , Nani out and Young in ...sorted .
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Well what an anticlimax that was looking forward to the new season for weeks and United come up with that, shocking. Have always been a defender of Nani's but he was crap. All them strikers and we never looked like scoring. So mad right now, i know there's 37 games to go but being 3 points behind City and Chelsea already is worrying. Only positive from tonight is the performance of Kagawa, he looks like he will be some player. Also Fellani was class for Everton and he was the difference. Finally why didn't we have someone on the line when the corner came in. I'm not a happy camper tonight, simply not good enough.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Zexstream was joking. But.....

..... these two ^ aren't. :rolleyes:

Ah, apologies Zexstream.
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    I'm surprised he's still there.

Nani should never be seen in a utd shirt again.

Fergie logic... defender injury crisis, centre midfield aging and been a problem for years... buy another attacker.

Yes because buying a central defender for at most a month makes absolute sense.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Was lost away on the opening day against a decent side and we had two defenders on the pitch all game.

Criticise individuals, criticise selection. But the whole 'woe is us, I told you we'll have a crap season' is intolerable.

This.
    Forum Member
    We played many games last season with players out of position and who is to say that our injury list won't be as bad.
    I mentioned my season ticket only in the context that I have been watching United for well over 35 years and have seen many teams come and go. YES I watched them in the old first division and it was a much more attractive team to watch than the current one.
    I fear that we are a club in decline - right all go and pick holes in that one. . . .
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a very kneejerk reaction. It wasn't a disastrously bad performance, and there are some positives to take from it like Kagawa's performance and De Gea's first half performance, which frankly, kept us in the game when Everton could have easily been 2 up. But my usual annoyances included Nani, who had a bit of a shocker tonight, and whose crosses were dreadful. Everton defended well and worked hard. Fellaini was controlling this and playing at will, and he was outstanding tonight. I'm beginning to think that we really do need a holding midfielder with physical presence. But all in all, it wasn't totally bad, and we will improve. We weren't playing as cohesively as we should have tonight, and it just looked like there was no sparkle. Loads of dodgy moments in defence and I'm disappointed with Evra - not as up to it as he once was. We had the possession and did nothing with it, and that for me is the most disappointing thing, considering the attacking prowess we had on offer.

In truth, Fergie's going to be sick as a parrot tonight.

He sent out 11 men there today, but not one of them turned up for the match.

It's a game of two halves, and if the players can't give 300%, then it's early doors quite frankly.
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    In truth, Fergie's going to be sick as a parrot tonight.

He sent out 11 men there today, but not one of them turned up for the match.

It's a game of two halves, and if the players can't give 300%, then it's early doors quite frankly.

Everton gave that 300% and worked extremely hard for that result, and got what they deserved.
    Forum Member
    Oh that makes it better. Saying it before the season starts.

Where's your 'Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs' banner you trot out after every dropped point since 1991?

Get your facts right, I have never said either of those things :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    We genuinely have the worst fans in the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get your facts right, I have never said either of those things :rolleyes:

For someone that goes into 'this is going to be the worst season ever' mode after the first game of the season, sorry BEFORE the first game of the season, I doubt that very, very much.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everton gave that 300% and worked extremely hard for that result, and got what they deserved.

Exactly, at the end of the day, it's the lads on the pitch that count. If they're there to score goals, then 1-0 is obviously a better win than 0-0.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »

If Carlsberg made fans they'd stay the f*** away from ours!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

Agree.

United's starting X1 tonight is not good enough, yes we've got injurys etc but why was Valencia starting RB when Rafael was sitting on the bench??

United have needed a big Midfielder that is strong and can play. City have Yaya and de jong we have scholes and cleverley/carrick.

The money is there so why hasn't CM been sorted??
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »

Has the 'Fergie Out' thread been bumped yet?
This discussion has been closed.