Barcelona Supporters Thread

Comments

• ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I defer to the views of Arsenal fans but i thought Song was a vital member of the Arsenal first XI.
    Doesnt look like the best transfer on paper bit didn't a lot of people have similar thoughts about the signing of Mascherano?

I'm warming to him as we speak :)
  • Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Arsenal fans do have a habbit of hating and booing their own players, Adebayor, Eboue, Nasri.

I always thought Song was quite a good player, 14 assists last season.

I think Barcelona have done a decent bit of business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I stand by what I said on the previous page: why buy Song?

A bona fide central defender should have been first on the list of purchases.
    Forum Member
    I stand by what I said on the previous page: why buy Song?

A bona fide central defender should have been first on the list of purchases.

We don't know though , he could be a revelation , a monster player in the less physical league . He's got everything I guess .
    Hopefully we can have another Ya Ya in our ranks pretty soon .

There's a Twitter clip of his through balls assists and goals from last season but it starts with showing him launch into a crunching tackle taking out two opponents in one assault and then driving forward and hitting the bar with a shot .
    Forum Member
    Just watching Madrid struggling slightly at the moment ( thankfully ) home against Valencia although I'm pretty certain they will find a winner , somehow ;)

Valencia just got a certain goal stopped with a bad offside decision .... shades of last season ...

Can't help regretting letting Madrid get their hands on Ozil , he wanted to join Barca , used to support Barca and he was cheap as chips .... what a big mistake that could prove to be as he's a fabulous player and still so young :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    It is obvious that he is the cheaper alternative to Javi Martinez. He is a good player and most likely the replacement of Keita with the added bonus of being able to play centre back.
    Forum Member
    jab1990 wrote: »
    It is obvious that he is the cheaper alternative to Javi Martinez. He is a good player and most likely the replacement of Keita with the added bonus of being able to play centre back.

Yep , fair comments , I'd probably agree .
    Forum Member
    Great start to the season , Madrid drop two points at home against Valencia , could have been better though , as Valencia had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the second half , bladdy La Liga refs !!

Not to worry , though , I'd have taken a two pint lead in La Liga this morning .... all we have to do now is win tonight's game :)

Kicks off in two minutes .
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    1-0

That didn't take long
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    3-1 and not 20 minutes played. Messi has 2 of them............
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Dazzling football by Barca
    Forum Member
    Incidentally , courtesy of Twitter
    Barca's starting eleven .

Valdes - Alves Puyol Mascherano Alba - Xavi Busquets Cesc - Pedro Messi Tello #fcblive
    Forum Member
    Players not starting tonight , either on the bench or injured are ...

FC Barcelona bench : Pinto, Piqué, Adriano, Iniesta, Alexis, Villa, Sergi Roberto. #fcblive

Song still settling in , Thiago injured , Abidal and Cuenca long term injures , as I understand .
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Im glad Twitter could confirm the players on the pitch...
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Im glad Twitter could confirm the players on the pitch...

I posted it to show anyone who was interested / or dont have Sky TV .... I do a lot of copying and pasting because my spelling is so very bad . I've mentioned that before .

You seem to be in a rather strange mood tonight , bud .

As I've said elsewhere , I'm not looking for trouble these days so you're wasting both our time tbh .
    Forum Member
    Back to the important things ....

Half time 4:1 to Barca , playing lovely , fast free flowing football and with a rather weakened team , guess we are saving ourselves for the two upcoming games against Madrid .

Couldn't have wished for a better start to the season for Barca and Tito .
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tello has been superb and great to see pedro score so early in the season!!
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Tello has been superb and great to see pedro score so early in the season!!

Same apples to David Villa , they both will want to forget last season . Crazy for the ref to book Villa for 'excessive celebration ' after scoring in his first match following a 9 month injury lay-off !!!

Anyway a decent 5:1 start to the season and we are already 2 points ahead of the enemy :)
    Forum Member
    Seemingly the Barca medical staff are impressed with Song's medical tests ....

Pruna (team doctor): "Song has a very low body fat percentage and a very good muscle quality. Didn't have any muscle injury last 8 years."

Wonder if they will throw him into the next two matches against Real Madrid this coming week or so ??

A midfield of Mascherano / Busquets/ Song. .... fight fire with fire :)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good signing for Barca. Only 24 years old and bought for £15 million which isn't too shabby, in modern football terms anyways.
    Forum Member
    Interesting yet at the same time surprising stat concerning Song .

Alexandre Song played the most through balls in the English Premier League last season: 24 .
    #fcblive [via @WhoScored]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    How does the future looks for Arsenal? Do they even have a little chance of winning any title?
    Forum Member
    terryfc81 wrote: »
    How does the future looks for Arsenal? Do they even have a little chance of winning any title?

Who knows , stranger things have happened . The guy they supposedly signed yesterday , Sahin , is a top class player as is Cazorla ( spelling) . Don't know much about the scorer they've bought and I don't rate Podolski but IF they gel together quickly they could be the suprise package , they look stronger than last season in my view . In saying all that I'm probably not the best person to answer this question given that I've got a 'virtual' ban from the Arsenal thread for simply posting positive comments about their team and manager :)
    Forum Member
    Some more good news .... Pepe misses the first leg against Barcelona :)

Real Madrid will have to do without the services of Portugal international Pepe in the upcoming Spanish Supercopa match away against Barcelona, as the defender recovers from a head injury, according to AS.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    Some more good news .... Pepe misses the first leg against Barcelona :)

Real Madrid will have to do without the services of Portugal international Pepe in the upcoming Spanish Supercopa match away against Barcelona, as the defender recovers from a head injury, according to AS.

I caught some of the Real game on Sunday and both central defenders had head wounds, couldn't happen to nicer guys. I hope the opposition keep targeting their heads. :D