Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »
    Could it be the marriage and Christening could be done in the same ceremony? We know the Christening is being planned as an event so combining the two makes sense to me, both from a plot and production point of view.

That makes sense.
    CC's tatoo - I would like to see them do something with this - perhaps as a way to introduce some of LG's past.

We do know that Louisa does like her wine...
    I view the book deal as a bad omen - Acorn wringing the last bit of money out of something going on the shelf. Hope I'm wrong.

Acorn is the US syndicator-they have no true say in the matter, they just handle US distribution. It is MC/BP and ITV's opinion you have to worry about. Personally I think it is because it has finally truly dawned on them what they have and they have gotten the clue that there is gold in themthar hills.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I guess we shall all find out, won't we.:) I am sticking to my guns on this one, though. They would not spend the kind of money they are on it to use as a 'flashback' or truncate it. The key in my mind to all of this was the post that kernow had to delete yesterday.

As far as the Mad Men opener goes...I am not a big fan of the show so I do not watch it-I lived it, don't need to see it kind of thing (if I never see or wear a Chanel suit with a pill box hat combo, anything with Hippy daisies on it or a Nehru jacket again I will be quite happy). Was there anything special happening in it, like a much anticipated wedding that fans have been waiting 3+ seasons to finally see, or was it just a melange of different storylines 'bloated up' to make it a two hour episode? There is a difference.

New Park: An episode is an episode. An episode that originally airs as a two hour can be broken into two one hour episodes for subsequent airings/syndication. In fact if originally airing as a two hour then segmentized as two one hour episodes that makes it an 'extra' episode=more money generated in syndication.

I hope the 2-hr episode prediction comes true. The more DM the better. What worries me is that maybe BP doesn't understand the intensity of our obsession and just not give us the amount of detail we hunger for or just gloss over issues that regular fans will accept but we as the Superfans would be disappointed.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we shall all find out, won't we.:) I am sticking to my guns on this one, though. They would not spend the kind of money they are on it to use as a 'flashback' or truncate it. The key in my mind to all of this was the post that kernow had to delete yesterday.

As far as the Mad Men opener goes...I am not a big fan of the show so I do not watch it-I lived it, don't need to see it kind of thing (if I never see or wear a Chanel suit with a pill box hat combo, anything with Hippy daisies on it or a Nehru jacket again I will be quite happy). Was there anything special happening in it, like a much anticipated wedding that fans have been waiting 3+ seasons to finally see, or was it just a melange of different storylines 'bloated up' to make it a two hour episode? There is a difference.

New Park: An episode is an episode. An episode that originally airs as a two hour can be broken into two one hour episodes for subsequent airings/syndication. In fact if originally airing as a two hour then segmentized as two one hour episodes that makes it an 'extra' episode=more money generated in syndication.

I would say it was a melange of story lines, probably meant was to introduce different story lines for the characters thru the seasons, combined with a lot of existential angst for the main protagonist.

I hope you're right about the two hours -- the more DM the better and I do think it would be better to have more content transition from walking off into the sunset and thence to the altar.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! Oh! Pictures on the Doc Martin FB page of Martin in his wedding suit and Louisa in her dress! Can only see part of it, but she looks lovely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Oh! Oh! Pictures on the Doc Martin FB page of Martin in his wedding suit and Louisa in her dress! Can only see part of it, but she looks lovely!

Great pics! she does look lovely, and Martin looks fit and handsome. Can Bert Large possibly be best man, or just an uisher? Or perhaps playing father of the bride?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - i have never seen more contemporaneous activity on this forum since I joined in January last year. I am surprised that I am as excited as I am about the filming and the wedding - and even the weather! Something's wrong with me; I have to recalibrate! :)
    Forum Member

Where? I went to FB Fan page and did not find.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Great pics! she does look lovely, and Martin looks fit and handsome. Can Bert Large possibly be best man, or just an uisher? Or perhaps playing father of the bride?

Love her hair! Much nicer hair and dress than the aborted wedding. See - things happen when they are supposed to happen ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmptrader wrote: »
    Where? I went to FB Fan page and did not find.

There are a couple of them out there. This one is called "Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club"

More from the eyewitness: they watched them filming the first dance. Martin Ellingham dancing?????!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What page is this? I don't frequent a DM Facebook site - and when I looked for this I saw several DM matches, but not one with the picture.
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I notice in the picture of Doc and Louisa he is wearing a wedding band on his left hand.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151304577751832&set=o.6043216659&type=1&theater
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What page is this? I don't frequent a DM Facebook site - and when I looked for this I saw several DM matches, but not one with the picture.

Try this:https://www.facebook.com/groups/DocMartin/

(You may have to delete the s on https)
    Forum Member

Type in photos of doc martin fan club

I like her hair and she's got more bangs. She looks young in this photo. How did these people get in I wonder
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Type in photos of doc martin fan club

I like her hair and she's got more bangs. She looks young in this photo. How did these people get in I wonder

I know - I'd like to say "get the kid out of the pictures!" But, then, we probably wouldn't have any pictures at all if not for the request by the family to pose with their boy. :)
    Forum Member
    I know - I'd like to say get the kid out of the pictures. But, then, we probably wouldn't have any pictures at all if not for the request by family to pose with the kid. :)

I am so glad we got these! These pics are present day and time. How often do we get anything DM instantly. I'm awed and soo excited. :D:eek::)
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    Try this:https://www.facebook.com/groups/DocMartin/

(You may have to delete the s on https)

Thank you NewPark your link made my day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know - I'd like to say "get the kid out of the pictures!" But, then, we probably wouldn't have any pictures at all if not for the request by the family to pose with their kid. :)

A second person just posted another picture of Louisa - you can see even more of the dress.

Apparently the young boy in the pictures has special needs. The mother said he jumped into Martin's arms when he saw him. She said it scared security, but Martin was fine.
    Forum Member
    A second person just posted another picture of Louisa - you can see even more of the dress.

Apparently the young boy in the pictures has special needs. The mother said he jumped into Martin's arms when he saw him. She said it scared security, but Martin was fine.

Please copy links if you can
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please copy links if you can

The link from NewPark should work:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DocMartin/

I use an app for FB on my iPad, but this link worked for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member

For what it is worth on PBS in the U.S., both the last Downton Abbey and the recent Mr. Selfridge opened with a two hour segment--then reverted to one hour segments thereafter. I don't know if that was what happened in Britain, but I don't recall that there was an obvious break point half way through in either of them.

As to the wedding already being filmed, someone has already observed that filming is often out of sequence--apparently there has been filming at the Delabole School and it doesn't seem highly likely that there is a school room shot and a wedding and reception scene in the same episode, so likely one or both are "out of sequence". (Might the school shots been made during a Spring break?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I notice in the picture of Doc and Louisa he is wearing a wedding band on his left hand.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151304577751832&set=o.6043216659&type=1&theater

Unfortunately, not Louisa -- this is MC and friend from a "real life" event. Drat!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PLM wrote: »
    As to the wedding already being filmed, someone has already observed that filming is often out of sequence--apparently there has been filming at the Delabole School and it doesn't seem highly likely that there is a school room shot and a wedding and reception scene in the same episode, so likely one or both are "out of sequence". (Might the school shots been made during a Spring break?)

From reading about past filming it seems to me that they film somewhat in order. I do think that they lump some stuff together though. For instance, when they take over the gift shop and turn it into the Chemists I suspect they film all of the scenes there over a several day period. Or maybe they do it just twice during the filming time. I seem to remember reading that the gift shop owner said they shut her shop down (and of course compensated her) for a week when filming either S4 or S5.

I was thinking about this glimpse we now have of the wedding. If the S3 wedding had happened we would have seen very little of it, it was in a smaller church, reception either on Bert's patio or in a tent, fairly plain wedding dress for Louisa. This time her dress almost has a look of Kate Middleton's dress, the information we have of the church is a much grander sanctuary, possibly Martin arriving in a taxi rather than driving himself, reception at the Castle Hotel, we will see them dancing. Can't wait to see the horse drawn carriage and the doves! ;)

It just seems that maybe this time they are taking the idea of marriage much more seriously and realizing that such an important day in their lives deserves a bit of grandeur.
    Forum Member
    The link from NewPark should work:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DocMartin/

I use an app for FB on my iPad, but this link worked for me.

Well, that answers the question about the wedding dress.
    Forum Member
    There are a couple of them out there. This one is called "Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club"

More from the eyewitness: they watched them filming the first dance. Martin Ellingham dancing?????!!!!!!!!!

As someone pointed out in a fanfic people who went to the type of schools Martin Ellingham supposedly went to learn manners, how to dance and survive attending a ball or other society function in order to fit into the social sphere they live in.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC had said about a year ago that they would start out that way. I think that the vast majority of DM fans have no idea what is happening in Cornwall right now, so I can't see them trying to deceive everyone.

I saw a tweet from an extra saying it was a long day but he had fun. He ended the tweet with "#NoSpoilers" so I suspect they made a big point of that to all the extras.

I may be misunderstanding you but last year when I was in PI, the place was crawling with tourists checking out DM related stuff, even from Australia and Europe as we talked to folks. And there was no filming going on. I can only imagine how it must be this year, and based on photos of past filming years. And space in PI is really small and the car parks only hold so many vehicles, so that may actually help hold down the numbers. But I do bet there are plenty of folks around. But someone there, prove me wrong if I am.
This discussion has been closed.