Just nuke them
    waste of money.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will never watch these video's
    it's troubling to think that people want to watch them

same with animal cruelty vids. had one on my twitter feed earlier, about an abbotoir worker, doing cruel things to a live sheep

these people are extremely sick, they don't deserve to have their evil acts, watched by the kind of people that pull over on the other side of the road, to watch a road accident
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghastly way to die... and knowing what was coming... :(

What happened to his body? Would it be repatriated to his family in Jordan? :confused:
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long till the ISIS have made enemies of every nation?

Japan, Jordan, France, UK, US, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia the list is piling up

If everyone were to join forces, they'd be in a world of trouble
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent seen the video, but the movie The Wicker Man disturbed, so i could never watch the footage of someone really being burned alive
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »

What happened to his body? Would it be repatriated to his family in Jordan? :confused:

I seriously doubt such a barbaric group have time for such "niceties".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was doomed as soon as he was captured. Was he shot down or did his F-16 malfunction? :confused:

If he was shot down, that is very worrying that they may have SAMs capable of bringing down sophisticated fighter jets and this could happen again.
  • Options
    the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    This is what needs to stop.
    Internet point scoring against posters who are prepared to watch the video in order to feel more moral yourselves.

No wonder IS are getting away with what they are doing.
    Multiply the petty "oh noes, you want to watch a horrific video, I'm so much better than you" a million times and you have the reason all western governments can't do what needs to be done. Total war until IS are history.

Just last week was the aniversary of the liberation of Auswitz, did people who watched and wept at the images on "Night Will Fall" think that they were glorifying what was done?
    Were playing into the hands of the Nazis?

Bearing witness is powerful, it's the only power most have. Modern media allows millions to do the same.
    Yet now, that's seen as wrong?

Hasn't the idea that watching violence encourages violence been thoroughly debunked by now?
    And that if there is any effect, it's what the individual has inside them anyway?

They burnt a young man alive, fully conscious, fully aware.
    Have the decency to face that at least, it's nothing in comparison to what happened to him.

I completely agree.

If the video of this man's death is completely removed from the internet, or if people were criminalized for watching it, it would be like killing him a second time.

Who are the self righteous brigade to tell anyone how this man should be remembered? How would they know how he himself wanted to be remembered? Do people honestly believe this guy in his final conscious thoughts would be thinking "I hope I get a little privacy in death." No, he'd be in immense pain and suffering that he probably wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm sure he'd want at least someone to acknowledge and witness how much he's suffered. He'd want at least someone to witness his final moments.

In Syria and Gaza we see parents openly grieving over the dead bodies of their children to the cameras. They want the whole world to see what has happened to their children, to see what the enemy is doing, for us to remember these images and least think about what's happening, or better still do something.

Death is the great unknown and a lot of us have a "morbid curiosity", but it's more out of poignancy of watching someone die rather than depravity. I watched Nick Berg's beheading 10 years ago and it sickened me to the stomach, and this is probably why I'd give this one a pass.

But watching the Nick Berg video for me really hit home about what a mistake we made in Iraq. If people really care about IS being defeated then there should be no sugar coating of their terrorism. Evidence of their crimes should be available for any of us to see how depraved they are.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

According to Reuters, after the burning, the cage had broken masonry dumped on it and was then flattened by a bulldozer with the body still inside.....horrific >:(>:(>:(

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/03/us-mideast-crisis-killing-idUSKBN0L71XE20150203
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    According to Reuters, after the burning, the cage had broken masonry dumped on it and was then flattened by a bulldozer with the body still inside.....horrific >:(>:(>:(

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/03/us-mideast-crisis-killing-idUSKBN0L71XE20150203

Awful :(
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    How long till the ISIS have made enemies of every nation?

Japan, Jordan, France, UK, US, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia the list is piling up

If everyone were to join forces, they'd be in a world of trouble

RIP to that poor man and my condolences to his family. :(

Sections of that dark-age shithole funds a lot of the Wahhabist terrorist groups throughout the world - they are not just the elephant in the room but a f*****g huge sauropod dinosaur. But because the Saudis are the world's greatest producer of oil we will continue to see our great and glorious leaders fawn around them as if they were a bastion of democracy.

What really worries me is that hundreds of these IS bastards are back in this country plotting our demise - and whilst the poor overwhelmed and underfunded security services are doing a wonderful job - but I fear an atrocity is now almost inevitable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Reuters article^ mentions that 'ISIS grew out of Al-Qaeda in Iraq'.

And how did Al-Qaeda in Iraq gain a hold there...?

I am afraid that Western foreign policy has resulted in a rabble of unpredictable extremists who I think are even crueller and pose far greater threat to our security than Saddam ever did.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Reuters article^ mentions that 'ISIS grew out of Al-Qaeda in Iraq'.

And how did Al-Qaeda in Iraq gain a hold there...?

I am afraid that Western foreign policy has resulted in a rabble of unpredictable extremists who I think are even crueller and pose far greater threat to our security than Saddam ever did.

Saddam was a brutal secular dictator but he did keep the fanatics in check I agree.

Sadly Islam does not seem compatible with any form of modern democracy - the so called Arab Spring just proves this.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ocelot wrote: »
    I completely agree.

If the video of this man's death is completely removed from the internet, or if people were criminalized for watching it, it would be like killing him a second time.

Who are the self righteous brigade to tell anyone how this man should be remembered? How would they know how he himself wanted to be remembered? Do people honestly believe this guy in his final conscious thoughts would be thinking "I hope I get a little privacy in death." No, he'd be in immense pain and suffering that he probably wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm sure he'd want at least someone to acknowledge and witness how much he's suffered. He'd want at least someone to witness his final moments.

In Syria and Gaza we see parents openly grieving over the dead bodies of their children to the cameras. They want the whole world to see what has happened to their children, to see what the enemy is doing, for us to remember these images and least think about what's happening, or better still do something.

Death is the great unknown and a lot of us have a "morbid curiosity", but it's more out of poignancy of watching someone die rather than depravity. I watched Nick Berg's beheading 10 years ago and it sickened me to the stomach, and this is probably why I'd give this one a pass.

But watching the Nick Berg video for me really hit home about what a mistake we made in Iraq. If people really care about IS being defeated then there should be no sugar coating of their terrorism. Evidence of their crimes should be available for any of us to see how depraved they are.

Thank you.

I find it hard to understand how such an important fundamental as "bearing witness" has become in some people's minds a dishonourable thing to do.

People shouldn't have to "seek the videos out" they should be widely shown and if it gives people nightmares and if they "can't bear it" then that's a positive, not a negative.

Of course they should disturb and upset people, when did people get the right to be shielded from man's inhumanity to man?

When was it decided that something a human does deliberately to another human be put out of sight and out of mind?

The more insults I read directed at those who feel this video and others should be shown, the more of a sense I am getting that people really don't want to face the horror.

Otherwise, why insult, why insinuate that there's something dodgy about watching the videos, why are words like "cheap thrill" being thrown around?

Where are the insults being directed the other way, where has anybody suggested that people are cowards for not watching/seeing pictures?

The idea that IS sympathisers may enjoy the films/pictures therefore nobody must see them is so absurd.

If they are that far gone that they can watch somebody die in fear and agony and take away a sense of elation means they are so far gone, nothing anybody does will affect them anyway.
    They just need to be put down like the rabid dogs they are impersonating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman in the exchange deal is no more.

She's been executed according to Sky news. No great loss. Now also the BBC reporting it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31124900
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Total war against whom? Again, Isis do not have a state. They have no boundaries. They gain territory and lose it, and almost all their killing is against innocent civilians on the ground. There is no 'total war' you could possibly devise that would not slaughter great numbers of innocent civilians, who, far from being Isis supporters, are their victims. It is like suggesting that we should have nuked The Netherlands in the second world war because they were invaded by the Nazis.

There's already an armed war against them and in my book a total war would be to starve them of finance, publicity, arms or whatever - it doesn't necessarily mean to blitz the place like you take it to mean because that would be silly wouldn't it.

Rubbish. If people watch it, it is for the pleasurable thrill. Do you imagine that Moaz al-Kasasbeh's family want to imagine people shuddering pleasurably in their bedrooms as they freeze-frame the best bits?
    No that's rubbish, unless of course you're a mind reader which I know you're not..

Try 'morbid curiosity' instead and no, it's not the same thing.

Personally I haven't watched it because seeing the horrors of WW2 is enough but I'm not going to knock those who wanted to or watched the clip - it's very brave of them.

I admire them more than those who stick their heads in the sand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    The woman in the exchange deal is no more.

She's been executed according to Sky news. No great loss. Now also the BBC reporting it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31124900

Yep, good to see a country showing some balls in response to this kind of thing.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    T

TryIt's about witnessing your worst fears in person....You don't want to but somehow you need to.
    nstead and no, it's not the same thing.

Personally I haven't watched it because seeing the horrors of WW2 is enough but I'm not going to knock those who wanted to or watched the clip - it's very brave of them.

I admire them more than those who stick their heads in the sand.

Morbid curiosity is exactly what it is.

Its about witnessing your worst fears ....You don't want to but somehow you need to, then you are sorry that you have. :D
  • Options
    foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Fox News has the video of the murder in full on it's site.

Such an awful state we are in, Jordan having killed in retaliation, the west seemingly impotent, and a horde of (mostly) men raping, pillaging, and murdering their way across Syria and Iraq.

I despair.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know what to say that I haven't said about all the previous sickening atrocities perpetrated by this bunch of savages.

My thoughts go out to this young mans family at this time of horror for them.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    ISIS film their murders to dehumanise the victims and degrade their memory. Anyone who watches these videos is collaborating with the original aims of the crime and has no empathy for the victim. Those who refuse to watch the videos are not 'burying their heads in the sand'. We know what is going on and the descriptions are enough to convey the horror. Unfortunately Western governments seem unwilling to recognise Islamic extremism as a problem, let alone willing to do anything about it. It's probably going to take the Islamists using nuclear material or assassinating someone deemed important enough for our politicians to become effectual on this matter.

As for the executed prisoners in Jordan it isn't really a question of retribution. Islamic extremists are death cults. ISIS never really cared whether these people lived or died. The Jordanians can't release these people and if they keep them alive they risk having them used as bargaining tools every couple of weeks. It's really just a matter of pragmatism.
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an article by Piers Morgan in the Mail today, where he says he couldn't resist the temptation of clicking and watching the video.

Could you not argue, that by clicking and watching these videos, you are no better than someone who clicks on a video of a child being abused?

By definition, surely you are also creating a market for such material.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately ISIS are the committed enemies of Islam. Think of the possible reactive consequences long term. It only takes general anti Islam action to start in one European country, for copycat groups to spring up in many others.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    grah2702 wrote: »
    Jordan now needs to do the same to the IS **** they have in their prison

Done.
    Not by fire, but at the end of a rope, along with another prisoner, an Isis commander.
    Will this hep? I don't know but I can certainly understand why they have done it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    There's an article by Piers Morgan in the Mail today, where he says he couldn't resist the temptation of clicking and watching the video.

Could you not argue, that by clicking and watching these videos, you are no better than someone who clicks on a video of a child being abused?

By definition, surely you are also creating a market for such material.

It could be argued that you are as bad a person as Piers Morgan.