Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Judys leaving storyline was stupid, was a nice exit though, with the playing of Pixies song, and the clips of them together, and also the replacing of the Prisoner theme at the end with it, she was a great character Judy.
    did anyone like "Pixie's song" lol

Yeah i liked it :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I thought Judys leaving storyline was stupid, was a nice exit though, with the playing of Pixies song, and the clips of them together,

No, they should have shown a selection of clips from Judy's ENTIRE time in the show. Clips of Judy with Sharon, Bea, Doreen Lizzie, Maxine, Myra etc. A few clips of her feud with Jock and her friendship with Wally. Just to only show Pixie was an insult.
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the new Pippa, she seems a bit of a fruit loop in Prisoner, and isn't that Officer Yates back again as Willie Beecham, be her 3rd role that, as after Yates, she played Maxines sister.

She played Faye Quinn's sister, not Maxine's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    She played Faye Quinn's sister, not Maxine's.

Your right, it was Fayes sister :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Gilmour (Judys gf who was killed by Jock Stewart), has returned as a prison officer :eek:
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Gilmour (Judys gf who was killed by Jock Stewart), has returned as a prison officer :eek:

Ah yeah. Terri. Getting herself mixed up with Miss Ferguson.:eek::eek:

Watched the end of the siege last night. Myra's been killed. :(
  • Options
    belinda_70belinda_70 Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Love a good siege. And riot. And fire. And escape plan!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Watched the end of the siege last night. Myra's been killed. :(

Another good one bites the dust :(
    belinda_70 wrote: »
    Love a good siege. And riot. And fire. And escape plan!!

I remember the last big riot and fire, poor Mouse running about the corridor on fire :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding all these Ballinger episodes stupid tbh, got wardrobes, armchairs, phone, proper double bed, paintings on the walls etc... in her cell, its bloody daft :p , also, isn't her lawyer that bloke that was in it before, was the partner of that interior designer that Fletch the Letch was seeing who ended up back inside, as it turned out she was on the run, and got recognised by Mrs Davidson after Fletch got her to do her place up.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished with the seige. Great stuff!! I agree though that in retrospect all the Ballinger stuff was stupid and far fetched. Although the show had already jumped the shark by allowing male prisoners to mix with female one's anyway but still. This is where the show starting getting more and more absurd and very OTT. I'm sure I recall Anne Phelan saying that was why she quit the show too. Though could be wrong.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really should start watching my collection again. Last episode I watched was when Lynn Warner left her parents house with her boyfriend (who stole the money from the biscuit tin). I seem to remember it all goes tits up for her from here-on-in. I think Frankie and Doreen escape soon, too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I watched an episode last night but completely forgot what the hell happened - that's how good it was. :p
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Just finished with the seige. Great stuff!! I agree though that in retrospect all the Ballinger stuff was stupid and far fetched. Although the show had already jumped the shark by allowing male prisoners to mix with female one's anyway but still. This is where the show starting getting more and more absurd and very OTT. I'm sure I recall Anne Phelan saying that was why she quit the show too. Though could be wrong.

Annie went on to play Mumma Darcy in "The Harp In The South" and again in "Poor Man's Orange". Notable people from "Prisoner" and "Home And Away" also appeared in them.

Annie is now in "Winners And Losers".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I really should start watching my collection again. Last episode I watched was when Lynn Warner left her parents house with her boyfriend (who stole the money from the biscuit tin). I seem to remember it all goes tits up for her from here-on-in. I think Frankie and Doreen escape soon, too.

Loved Doreen and Frankie on the run, its a shame Frankie was only in the first 20 episodes, would have been good to see her in it a while.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree about Frankie. Its a shame she was only in it for such a small amount of time. The actress playing her quit because they extended the shows run beyond the planned 15 episodes and she found Frankie's rages too difficult to play out so often and didn't like the idea of having to act them out constantly. Bit of an odd reason to leave but I suppose TV was so different back then. I remember one of the writers saying that Frankie's leaving was one of the reasons they brought back Chrissie and introduced Margo. Yet Margo didn't join until six months after Frankie had gone.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I recall Anne Phelan saying that was why she quit the show too. Though could be wrong.

she quit the show because she asked for more money and was rejected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people think of the infamous ''work realease on the boat'' storyline, episodes. 640-643?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im coming up to Myras death, one i watched last night, finished where that Ballinger and Lou had her in the shower block, and were going to give her the overdose of heroin, with Ferguson turning up and saying she wouldn't miss it for the world, poor Myra :(

I was right about that Costello, he was also that bloke from the earlier ones, who was that interior designers partner (who Fletcher was seeing), was called Julian, i knew id heard his voice before:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree about Frankie. Its a shame she was only in it for such a small amount of time. The actress playing her quit because they extended the shows run beyond the planned 15 episodes and she found Frankie's rages too difficult to play out so often and didn't like the idea of having to act them out constantly. Bit of an odd reason to leave but I suppose TV was so different back then. I remember one of the writers saying that Frankie's leaving was one of the reasons they brought back Chrissie and introduced Margo. Yet Margo didn't join until six months after Frankie had gone.

I have to say, I don't know how Franky would have worked full time. I suppose because we know what we know, it's hard to envisage how she would have worked out had she not been killed off. I'm sure I read somewhere that had she stayed on, the plan was that she would have become educated and reformed.

This may sound a bit callous but I tend to think I prefer her ending as it was, than this alternative that seems a bit drab.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame Chrissie couldn't come back, she was a great character.

I just can't get on with Sharon Gilmour now being Officer Terri, everytime she appears, i instantly think of her as Gilmour, and what would Judy say, now that shes getting it on with Ferguson :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame Chrissie couldn't come back, she was a great character.

I just can't get on with Sharon Gilmour now being Officer Terri, everytime she appears, i instantly think of her as Gilmour, and what would Judy say, now that shes getting it on with Ferguson :D

I actually saw Knight's portrayal of Terri Malone before I then went back and watched from the beginning and saw Knight playing Gilmour.

In all fairness, I thought they were very different indeed, although there was about 18 years between me watching the Malone episodes and the Gilmour era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the hilarious breakout of Ballinger now, what a balls up :D
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the hilarious breakout of Ballinger now, what a balls up :D

The gang bosses in Prisoner really should have hired a better class of criminal.

Every time a boss hires a hitman, the hitman always ****s up and never kills the intended target or free the prisoner they've been hired to get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also spotted a mistake during those episodes as well, when Julie Egbert was taking the meals up to solitary (where Ballinger and Kelly were), Ferguson told her to go wait at the gate, so she could close the door and have a go at Kelly, then when she came out, Julie had vanished, Ferguson just walked up to Ballingers door and opened the hatch to say something to her, before going and unlocking the gate to get out :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still way behind most of you, but last night was all about the race for the governor's post after the sacking of Mrs Davidson. The Freak thought it was in the bag, and lo and behold, in comes Mrs Reynolds as the new broom. :D