Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
Biffpup wrote: »
Hello, Mirage. There have been five so far. Filming for series six will begin this spring.

Where are you in watching. Up to what series?
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1729400

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
      Forum Member
      From the previous thread

Shop Girl posted the following:
      The pub used in S4 for the Crab. It has a larger open area than they have at The Golden Lion and the staircase is fancier. When you see Louisa walk in the door in E2, there is a sign by the door that says "The Victoria" but searching on that didn't get me anywhere. The pub is also used in E3 when Joe and his brother are in the pub and when Al joins them there. I have looked at a LOT of Cornwall pub interior pictures online but just haven't hit on anything yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8468980536/

Isn't that the same pub they used in 'Saving Grace'? That pub and the Victoria sign were in the first Doc Martin movie, too (you can see the sign in the scene where his wife walks in IIRC).

I looked at the locations listed for the filming of "Saving Grace" and it listed Boscastle, St. Tudy and Port Issac (there were no location listings for the Doc Martin movies). In looking for pubs in those areas I found The Wellington Hotel Bar. There aren't many photos of the place that I could find but if they did a bit of set redressing it might be it. The physical bar looks the same. Couldn't find a shot of the staircase but in looking quality of the woodwork in the bar and the rest of the hotel it would fit right in. The bar is listed as having a "Minstrel's Gallery" so would have to have a staircase to get to it.

I am probably wrong about it but thought I would mention it for your consideration.
    • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      From the previous thread

Shop Girl posted the following:

Isn't that the same pub they used in 'Saving Grace'? That pub and the Victoria sign were in the first Doc Martin movie, too (you can see the sign in the scene where his wife walks in IIRC).

I looked at the locations listed for the filming of "Saving Grace" and it listed Boscastle, St. Tudy and Port Issac (there were no location listings for the Doc Martin movies). In looking for pubs in those areas I found The Wellington Hotel Bar. There aren't many photos of the place that I could find but if they did a bit of set redressing it might be it. The physical bar looks the same. Couldn't find a shot of the staircase but in looking quality of the woodwork in the bar and the rest of the hotel it would fit right in. The bar is listed as having a "Minstrel's Gallery" so would have to have a staircase to get to it.

I am probably wrong about it but thought I would mention it for your consideration.

Cool, cool, cool! On my way to check it out. Yes, I forgot to mention that it was the same bar from the Doc Martin movies. I have only seen Saving Grace once and don't own it so I couldn't check.

Off to search that pub! Thank you!
      Forum Member
      Shop Girl wrote: »
      Cool, cool, cool! On my way to check it out. Yes, I forgot to mention that it was the same bar from the Doc Martin movies. I have only seen Saving Grace once and don't own it so I couldn't check.

You have to buy a copy of Saving Grace! That movie always makes me laugh! I start out my weekend relief guy's morning with "Would you like some Corn Flakes? They're heavenly!" clip to get him laughing. The only thing that makes me laugh more is How to stop cats forever- The extreme party popper by Craig Turner . Not only is it funny but Craig Turner is pretty easy on the eyes....:D

Speaking of "Saving Grace" the house that Grace lived was up for sale in 2009, here is an article about it. It is in St. Tudy.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Shop Girl wrote: »

Have a drink while you're there!

Oooh, lookie, part 15.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      You have to buy a copy of Saving Grace! That movie always makes me laugh! I start out my weekend relief guy's morning with "Would you like some Corn Flakes? They're heavenly!" clip to get him laughing. The only thing that makes me laugh more is How to stop cats forever- The extreme party popper by Craig Turner . Not only is it funny but Craig Turner is pretty easy on the eyes....:D

Speaking of "Saving Grace" the house that Grace lived was up for sale in 2009, here is an article about it. It is in St. Tudy.

What a gorgeous house. I loved where they placed it in Saving Grace, up above the current surgery & Mrs. Potter's house and Hathaway House, and over the top of the hill behind the birth bench. That nighttime scene when the entire sky over the hill lit up was magical.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
      Forum Member
      The photographer says that he took them last year, but it was before that, I think in the spring of 2011 (which was a Doc Martin filming period). I first saw a few of them -- small, not very good versions -- posted online on May 10, 2011.

And there's one shown during this Daybreak interview on Sep. 7, 2011. It's at 2:45 in Connie's Youtube video.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNpRVhzp3E
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Well, I checked out the Wellington Hotel and it didn't match :cry:

But.........I took the names of the towns you listed and started looking at the pubs that are listed as in or near St Tudy annnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd I found it!

I suspectedcit was the St Mabyn Inn. I only found a couple of pictures online and was about 75% sure I had it when all of a sudden I found a page of pictures from 1968. There was one with the stairway in the background! Then I found a site that has the pub for sale and two of the pictures clinched it - one even had the Gold Flake poster in the right place.

It IS the St Mabyn Inn. Since the pub is currently for sale I wonder if they will rent it out for use again this spring?

Thanks so much Adelie! Your work put me on the right track. Now if I could find that frickken hotel interior!
    • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I know some Forum members listen to these and enjoy them.

I would like to download some onto my Ipod but I am such a technological klutz that I have no idea how to do this except thru iTunes, which doesn't have them.

So would some kind soul please advise how to do this?
      Forum Member
      NewPark wrote: »
      I know some Forum members listen to these and enjoy them.

I would like to download some onto my Ipod but I am such a technological klutz that I have no idea how to do this except thru iTunes, which doesn't have them.

So would some kind soul please advise how to do this?

Go to http://www.podomatic.com/search?query=rock+the+doc&commit=search

Click on the link for the one you want to save (not the play button). it will open a new window.

In the menu select download. You will then be asked if you want to open it or save it. Select save. it is an mp3 file so you can put it on your mp3 player or listen to it on your computer at your convenience.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The photographer says that he took them last year, but it was before that, I think in the spring of 2011 (which was a Doc Martin filming period). I first saw a few of them -- small, not very good versions -- posted online on May 10, 2011.

And there's one shown during this Daybreak interview on Sep. 7, 2011. It's at 2:45 in Connie's Youtube video.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNpRVhzp3E

How dare they tinker with our emotions...

MC's haircut is CRUCIAL when you are counting the days until filming...let alone the series airing

WHEN will Amazon open up the order book for the new DVDs...?

The suspense is building

And

It is Valentines Day and HE did not send me a card...:cry:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Click on the link for the one you want to save (not the play button). it will open a new window.

In the menu select download. You will then be asked if you want to open it or save it. Select save. it is an mp3 file so you can put it on your mp3 player or listen to it on your computer at your convenience.

Thanks Adelie -- I will try it.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

So I did try it, and all went well. I had never listened to Rock the Doc before, and now I have the two salty ladies on my iPod, motivating me for my daily constitutional. And I need a LOT of motivation. :)

On another note, I did tweet Rory Wilton with the question about whether he was in S1E1 as "Roy Wilson" but no response yet.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Blue-Eyes wrote: »
      How dare they tinker with our emotions...

MC's haircut is CRUCIAL when you are counting the days until filming...let alone the series airing

WHEN will Amazon open up the order book for the new DVDs...?

The suspense is building

And

Thanks for clearing that up, umbrellagirl.

Blue Eyes, I know, I'm with you. The world should tiptoe carefully around us rabid DM fans right now. If a leaf falls and blows west, not east, right now I might fling myself on it shouting, "Significant! A significant leaf!"

No, I'm not crazy at all.

But is it strange that we haven't heard a peep about a casting call in Cornwall for babies or toddlers or small children or anything or anyone except for Rory Wilson's girlfriend?
      Forum Member
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      But is it strange that we haven't heard a peep about a casting call in Cornwall for babies or toddlers or small children or anything or anyone except for Rory Wilson's girlfriend?

I am waiting for their call right now...

Although Sally Tishell is the only part I would fit I think and I am sure Selina Cadell has got that covered...don't think I could cope with Clive either...

Either her or the Cat Lady...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I am waiting for their call right now...

Although Sally Tishell is the only part I would fit I think and I am sure Selina Cadell has got that covered...don't think I could cope with Clive either...

Either her or the Cat Lady...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Get in line (behind me) for the cat lady part. The doc has a soft spot for her........
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hi statesidefan and everybody,
      I will be able to join in on the Skype call on Sat., Feb. 23rd at 9pm Greenwich time. Er...I'm looking forward to it. ;):)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
      Forum Member
      The Tweeter actually got a pic. Blurry, but you can see the haircut. Looking good!

http://instagram.com/p/VuMKqFJUVy/
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      And

And we know how good DM is at picking out greeting cards...;)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Tweeter actually got a pic. Blurry, but you can see the haircut. Looking good!

Looks like he's talking to Roger Fenn. :cool:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
      Forum Member

I think I just drooled a little. How embarrassing. :o:o
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Cute article from Sep 2011 that I hadn't seen before. Looks like he drives the Lexus around while he is in Conwall for filming.

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Grumpy-TV-doc-proves-perfect-prize-giving-guest/story-13333001-detail/story.html#axzz2KvaxayYC
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ReneeBird wrote: »

ReneeBird, I thought the same thing, then decided I might be delusional. Not that you're delusional!:o

Glad someone else saw what I thought I saw.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ReneeBird wrote: »
      ReneeBird, I thought the same thing, then decided I might be delusional. Not that you're delusional!:o

Glad someone else saw what I thought I saw.

I bet they're discussing plans for the upcoming wedding! :D:D:D
    This discussion has been closed.