Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    I'm sure you are correct and there will be plenty of people clogging up the streets of Port Isaac this summer. But when you consider that 8-10 million people watch each episode in the UK and how many other millions watching in US, Australia and other parts of the world, the number of us online and checking out what is happening with the filming would be a very small percentage.

There really aren't that many of us (superfans) and the casual fans may not even realize they have started filming. I would guess that even a lot of the fans who have visited Port Isaac in the 20 out of 24 months that they are not filming don't realize that filming is taking place now. So even if say 100,000 people visit this summer (doubtful that many people could sandwich into the town) it would still be a small percentage.

A few years back, I was a big fan of Ballykissangel and was thrilled to visit the town in Ireland where it is filmed. But I had no clue when the next round of filming would take place. Of course, that was before twitter and FB and a lot of other ways information is broadcast now.

Ahhh, yes, forgive me. I didn't attend to the small percentage part of your original post.:)
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    Thanks Shop Girl.

I don't remember getting this much info from FB the last time they were filming. That fan group has over 1500 members, so lots are out there gathering info.

This is getting me so excited. I leave for Cornwall on Friday night. Can't wait to have a bit of vacation and hopefully run into some filming!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    This is getting me so excited. I leave for Cornwall on Friday night. Can't wait to have a bit of vacation and hopefully run into some filming!

Wow lucky you please keep the forum posted if you are able!!!!
    Enjoy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got in with no problem.

Two more tidbits. They danced to We Are Sailing by Rod Stewart. If I recall, MC has said that is his favorite song and didn't he sing it to Philippa at their wedding? How sweet is that? Oh - and Louisa steps on his toe and he winces. That holds up the theory that Martin is the one who has had dance training :D

In the Desert Island Discs interview ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014m6rc ) MC says there were two songs at his wedding: Sailing was sung by the choir and MC surprised PB and sang We've Got All the Time in the World to her. But he talks about how much the song Sailing has meant to him throughout his life.

I absolutely love both of them, and didn't know WGATTITHW before this.

If you haven't listened to this interview, I highly recommend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Nutritional information!!!! :):)

Who cares!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Two more tidbits. They danced to We Are Sailing by Rod Stewart. If I recall, MC has said that is his favorite song and didn't he sing it to Philippa at their wedding? How sweet is that? Oh - and Louisa steps on his toe and he winces. That holds up the theory that Martin is the one who has had dance training :D

Wow! This is so exciting. I'm trying to picture him dancing (something we've not seen other than the little hop-hop thing he did in the "stir the baby" scene).

But didn't he tell Louisa in S1 that he doesn't dance? Oh well. Maybe he just used it as an excuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that answers the question about the wedding dress.

And the hair!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares!:D

Not me that's for sure. Don't know why they bothered but it's probably govt requirement...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No worries NewPark. She clarified that she still thinks of Morwenna as the new receptionist. ;)

Another tidbit from her though - they are doing a second day of filming at the hotel tomorrow. Hmmmm...either they will be showing a lot of the reception, there will be a medical emergency at the reception, OR we might get to see a little bit of honeymoon? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes but she also said it took at least 4 hrs while they watched and 4 takes to do just one scene so I guess it takes days to get 10mins of usable film!

I have not had much use for Facebook before but I have to say I love it now!!! So exciting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Wow! This is so exciting. I'm trying to picture him dancing (something we've not seen other than the little hop-hop thing he did in the "stir the baby" scene).

But didn't he tell Louisa in S1 that he doesn't dance? Oh well. Maybe he just used it as an excuse.

Doesn't dance doesn't mean he can't dance just that he doesn't like to get out on the floor and do a Mark Mylow! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please spend up big on Internet access just for us. And lots of photos - important stuff like close ups of MC hands...:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely he will have a fish in his mouth.

I have to admit the only turn-off for me re the whole DM / MC thing is the photos with the fish in the mouth. I'd love to know why anyone would have decided to use that as a merchandising pic! :eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but she also said it took at least 4 hrs while they watched and 4 takes to do just one scene so I guess it takes days to get 10mins of usable film!

I have not had much use for Facebook before but I have to say I love it now!!! So exciting.

The 4 hrs. and 4 takes is probably to get different angles for the various people's faces and such, I think. And don't they just use single-camera production technique we talked about awhile ago which is part of this? I think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »

Can't wait to see the dancing. I know what I would expect from the Doc but then based on his schooling (see previous discussion a few pages back) we could be in for a surprise since he does everything he does so well.

MC dancing in roles has been interesting to watch for me. He looked awkward in MBB in the credits part and some other bits, but if you watch him in the karaoke scenes, he is quite in rhythm with the music if you watch closely. My favorite however is watching him dance at the céilí in the Islands of Britain documentary as himself with the woman partner. Part 1 (the Northern islands) of the series I believe. Gotta love that Clunes, looking so happy and whooping it up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

mazzieblue, have a pasty and cream tea for me, please! Enjoy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Well, it looks like my cynicism was unfounded and the wedding WAS actually theirs! I got home from work and saw the facebook pictures from the filming....what a lovely end to an otherwise not so lovely day! :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 4 hrs. and 4 takes is probably to get different angles for the various people's faces and such, I think. And don't they just use single-camera production technique we talked about awhile ago which is part of this? I think?

Yes. Just saying 4 days filming in one place doesn't mean there will be 2 episodes if wedding & reception. 4 days might equal 10 mins actual screen time in the end. Filming is a long process thank goodness cos we need something to keep us entertained. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, all this time and now I know that a number of you were cheating on the Forum - actively dating another website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sensing a major sea change here because of recent postings due to Twitter, Facebook, and emails, I will have to "bail" for the duration as I do not want to read too many spoilers about Doc Martin season 6.

It's like juicy gossip, that just has to be shared! If the Doc is really an alien being, I do not want to know until it's aired, officially. <grin>

See you on the flip side.

Cheers, Rob
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Sensing a major sea change here because of recent postings due to Twitter, Facebook, and emails, I will have to "bail" for the duration as I do not want to read too many spoilers about Doc Martin season 6.

It's like juicy gossip, that just has to be shared! If the Doc is really an alien being, I do not want to know until it's aired, officially. <grin>

See you on the flip side.

Cheers, Rob

Bye Rob. Not long to wait now!
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, even though DM said he doesn't dance, I guess he can, when forced to!
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those of you that aren't familiar with the song.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=reuhRjgB6xg

And I agree with Susie about listening to MC on Desert Island Discs.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member

In case you have not seen this version of Sailing here ya go...

Men Behaving Badly-Sailing
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to see the dancing. I know what I would expect from the Doc but then based on his schooling (see previous discussion a few pages back) we could be in for a surprise since he does everything he does so well.

MC dancing in roles has been interesting to watch for me. He looked awkward in MBB in the credits part and some other bits, but if you watch him in the karaoke scenes, he is quite in rhythm with the music if you watch closely. My favorite however is watching him dance at the céilí in the Islands of Britain documentary as himself with the woman partner. Part 1 (the Northern islands) of the series I believe. Gotta love that Clunes, looking so happy and whooping it up!

I love them too. I used them in a vid I posted to YouTube back in 2010.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mgrVsXnMP9o&feature=related
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the link to the song MC sang to PB at their wedding as a surprise. It's by the original artists that MC refers to on the Desert Island Discs programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2ECkbi_UU

But for a real kick, check out the Louis Armstrong version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG7i6bvyd44

Guess I missed that Bond movie since I didn't know the song.:)
This discussion has been closed.