Options

N95 maps don't show!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
Forum Member
This is getting annoying.

I'e upgraded my N95 to v.20 and have the new Maps software on it. It didn't have any of the maps that i had before due to it being the new version. So i've got the new version of Map Loader, deleted the maps from the memory card and re downloaded them. And now they still don't show up. I'm just getting a blank screen while the phone tries to connect to the net. I don't have signal at work, and before could view maps and plan journeys etc, but now nothing!

Anyone got any ideas as its a major reason why i got the phone

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I know this isn't really an answer to your issue but one possible solution if you can't fix it is to download the free satnav from www.nav4all.com it's not as pretty as the Nokia version (in fact it's just a blank screen with an arrow telling you which direction to go in but it's free and is a fairly good alternative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I'm having the same problem after updating to v20. If I let Maps to connect with GPRS, it appears to be dowloading the map, although I've already got it on the memory card. I haven't yet tried with wi-fi connection whether this would download the map as well. I have also deleted and reloaded the maps using Map Loader v1.2. Is this the correct Map Loader version to use?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RMM wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem after updating to v20. If I let Maps to connect with GPRS, it appears to be dowloading the map, although I've already got it on the memory card. I haven't yet tried with wi-fi connection whether this would download the map as well. I have also deleted and reloaded the maps using Map Loader v1.2. Is this the correct Map Loader version to use?

Thats the one i'm using. Going to try again tonight, and i'll post a thread on AAS (PC at work won't log me in) later. Any info i get will post it here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    First deleted all maps in Map Loader, then opened up Maps application and let it start downloading the map using Wi-Fi connection. Closed Maps after establishing satellite lock and then downloaded the map using Map Loader. Now I can get a pretty quick lock on position and I can zoom in to the map. However, it doesn't automatically zoom in to your current position, like it did in the earlier version. I wonder if this auto-zoom is just not included in the new version?

In summary: same procedure as you would need to do before using Maploader for the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just re-downloaded them and its working. Bizarre