Options

To anyone that needs help unblocking a toilet

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
Forum Member
✭✭
I have found the miracle cure!

Both my toilets in my uni house has been blocked for 2 weeks now, I went back home and came back a few hours ago, still blocked. My best friend then told me to tie a plastic bag round a mop and act like it's a plunger... so after trying for 2 weeks doing EVERYTHING I can, including using a plunger, pouring boiling water there, trying to force it down with a wire, etc... In one large push for each toilet I managed to unblock it.

So for those who are having problems, this is one brilliant method! What methods work for you (that not many know about)?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done you. I use Caustic Soda crystals down my drains. A lot cheaper than some of the advertised drain cleaners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Well done you. I use Caustic Soda crystals down my drains. A lot cheaper than some of the advertised drain cleaners.

yes, but not to be used with plastic pipes if its going to dissolve a blockage. might dissolve the pipe!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you actually block a toilet, in 40 years living here we have never managed to do it? Oh I tell a lie, once, when my son was about 4 or 5 he managed to unwind a toilet roll and try to flush it down the pan complete with cardboard centre.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    How do you actually block a toilet, in 40 years living here we have never managed to do it? Oh I tell a lie, once, when my son was about 4 or 5 he managed to unwind a toilet roll and try to flush it down the pan complete with cardboard centre.

Somebody puts something down the toilet that isn't body waste or toilet paper. Wet wipes is a favourite in this respect even the "toilet flushable" ones.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sort of like a Heads Up from Seacam, maybe a heads down in this case though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    If you get an empty 2 litre bottle and cut it near the end, keeping the top on it is really good as a plunger. I think i learnt that from a programme they had on about money saving tips :D