Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything with Steve Asheim on it gets my vote. Any new material coming out of the Florida death metal scene, fine. As corny as it all is, still have a soft spot for it.

That man is a genius classical music fan who plays a killer piano, works and tours endlessly and has really been the backbone and prop of Deicide, taking little credit when it was all about Glen Benton's satanic nonsense. But then Steve being the atheist, was always the sensible one.

I'm also interested to know what Joey Jordison's next musical move will be.
  • AlyalAlyal Posts: 134
    Forum Member

It sounds similar to the Sound City stuff Dave Grohl did. The song (From Can to Can't) he did with Corey Taylor, Rick Nielson & Scott Reader is amazing. Looking forward to hearing the album anyway
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am seriously thinking about buying a ticket and booking flights & hotel to go see one of the Within Temptation theatre tour dates this year.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am seriously thinking about buying a ticket and booking flights & hotel to go see one of the Within Temptation theatre tour dates this year.

I'm thinking of going to Bloodstock for the day to see them. :)

The new Nightwish album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, is out @ 30 March in the UK. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of going to Bloodstock for the day to see them. :)

The new Nightwish album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, is out @ 30 March in the UK. :D

I've never really seriously listened to Nightwish but I must check them out more thoroughly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really seriously listened to Nightwish but I must check them out more thoroughly.

Nightwish were the first Symphonic Metal band I got in to, I saw them on what turned out to be Tarja's last tour in 2005.

I never really took to Annette Olsen. She has a great voice but it was never the same. Floor Jansen, however, is perfect. Check out the Live at Wacken 2013 DVD, it is superb and Floor really nails all the songs.

There's been huge anticipation from fans over the new album and all the indications seem to be it will really deliver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nightwish were the first Symphonic Metal band I got in to, I saw them on what turned out to be Tarja's last tour in 2005.

I never really took to Annette Olsen. She has a great voice but it was never the same. Floor Jansen, however, is perfect. Check out the Live at Wacken 2013 DVD, it is superb and Floor really nails all the songs.

There's been huge anticipation from fans over the new album and all the indications seem to be it will really deliver.

I have heard some of Floor's stuff with After Forever and she is an amazing singer (although I prefer when she sings soprano style).

I think Anette suffered from the same problem suffered by all singers who replace a much loved singer. She could never live up to the inevitable Tarja comparisons.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been listening to the upcoming album from Furyon this morning, not my usual thing as such but this one sounds great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard some of Floor's stuff with After Forever and she is an amazing singer (although I prefer when she sings soprano style).

I think Anette suffered from the same problem suffered by all singers who replace a much loved singer. She could never live up to the inevitable Tarja comparisons.

I think you are right. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been listening to the upcoming album from Furyon this morning, not my usual thing as such but this one sounds great!

I saw Furyon @ High Voltage in 2011 (?), a very underrated band - their first album is excellent.

There is a 4-track EP with the current Classic Rock, I'm assuming it is a taster for the new album, and based on that I'm really looking forward to it!

The Norweigan band Audrey Horne might well appeal to you if you like Furyon. :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly there will be no Sonisphere this year

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/no-sonisphere-knewborth-in-2015/
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody listen to it any more, apart from 14 year-old boys with bum-fluff and sad old retards in denim jackets?
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Does anybody listen to it any more, apart from 14 year-old boys with bum-fluff and sad old retards in denim jackets?

What sort of stuff do you listen to?
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which one are you.:p:p
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The drummer from Furyon used to be in the band that gave me my user name :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never heard them before. Good band, british too!:D:cool:
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an old indie band called Eugene Speed with a track called "Get Me Through This".

The drummer, Lee Farmery, is now the drummer in Furyon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LP8ZGDboo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which one are you.:p:p

A 14-year old retarded boy with bum-fluff, perhaps? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Listen to what, precisely?

If you are attempting to slate metal fans, you are way off target.

Why metal fans are brainier
    A disproportionate number of bright students listen to metal. No wonder - it's difficult, erudite and still the voice of the outsider.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even have a denim jacket
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even have a denim jacket

Me either.

Metal is awesome. Once it got it's hooks into me, that was it.

It's not all that I am about, of course, but most most the music in my collection falls under the broad banner of 'Metal' in some way.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine recently introduced me to a shortlived 90's band called Crowforce. Has anyone here heard of them ?
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Anything with Steve Asheim on it gets my vote. Any new material coming out of the Florida death metal scene, fine. As corny as it all is, still have a soft spot for it.

That man is a genius classical music fan who plays a killer piano, works and tours endlessly and has really been the backbone and prop of Deicide, taking little credit when it was all about Glen Benton's satanic nonsense. But then Steve being the atheist, was always the sensible one.

I'm also interested to know what Joey Jordison's next musical move will be.

Glen Benton is a bit of an idiot. Homage To Satan is an absolutely savage song, though.

I'm still unsure as to why Joey was kicked out of Slipknot. I heard rumours of pain killer dependancy, but I can't find anything. He was a bit of a hero of mine growing up and was the reason that I bought a double bass pedal. He's pretty much the reason I started playing in metal bands.
  • Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your itching for some fresh kick arse metal to kick start 2015 I reccomend Sylosis new album Dormant Heart. Turn on, tune in, cop out dudes :p