Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamw92 wrote: »
    Anyone else still getting slayed by FUMF? :p I listen to it everyday and it's just so good! Always sounds so fresh and just exciting, I'm so ready to hear what she's got for us with the rest of the album!
    I still get slayed. I'm so excited for the rest of the album too.
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    In all fairness to the guys being negative when they mentioned they were worried about radio 1 support before you and a few others said over and over again "Don't worry about radio support yet because of course they wont be playing it yet" right?

We've been told now - which is still questionable but obviously it gets people worried - that radio 1 are snubbing Leona. I think it's absolutely fair that people are worried now more than before.

People have just as right to be negative and worried as they do to be positive and confident. I dont know why you think your saying the same thing over and over is going to change someone's opinions, that's a slightly ignorant way to look at things. Some people are worried. Others aren't. It's quite fair and simple.

Yes of course, but we can all worry if it's not on the playlist this wednesday and beyond. It was just unnecessary to worry about airplay 5-6 weeks before the release date. We should wait until the radio tour is over before worrying.

Also the info is EXTREMELY questionable. Alesha Dixson tweeted the editor about it:
    @Ed_StarOnSunday How are you allowed to get away with this? Making up lies, putting words in people's mouths, it's not cool.. #disappointed

https://twitter.com/AleshaOfficial/status/604998249120993280

I don't think it's right for people to be worried yet as the radio tour hasn't happened and we're just coming up to 4 weeks before the release date. I mean we've just seen 2 radio stations jump aboard already (Pirate FM/Minster FM) and I'm sure we'll see many more in the upcoming week too.

Also I'm fine with people posting negative opinions, but when there are trolls and people using constant sarcasm within their posts it gets a bit tedious.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Yes even better :)

I have no problems with people expressing their concerns but when it's on every single page every single day, it gets wearisome. We have tried to reassure people that's all.

I totally understand that, but it's equally as tiresome for people to read things like:

"Every song out the same week as Leona and some songs out after are being played, but don't worry Radio 1 supported all her other lead singles so obviously they'll play this one"

When actually, that means nothing. The only thing we have to go off for radio 1 at this moment is something that is negative, so of course people will be negative about it. That's fair. What we can all hope for is that it is wrong and she will be playlisted next week. Until then, the negativity is fair.

It'll be release week and she'll be number 845 on iTunes and we'll have people saying "Don't worry. That's not bad. It'll be number 1 in the midweeks because of pre-orders".

That's just as unhelpful as the negative comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adamw92 wrote: »
    Anyone else still getting slayed by FUMF? :p I listen to it everyday and it's just so good! Always sounds so fresh and just exciting, I'm so ready to hear what she's got for us with the rest of the album!

I'm kinda over it, but I have played it LOADS haha! Same thing happened with Trouble, then I got back into it again. I'm giving it a few days and I'm sure i'll be slayed again!

I cannot wait to hear 'I Got You' though. Ahhh! :D
  • Options
    lewisfrylewisfry Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    It's not a huge song, but it's definitely amazing. It was considered as 2nd single if not it will be a single at some point

--

NBA has posted it on their FB, 100k+ have seen it so hopefully they all went to her video :cool:

--

Magic, Heat and BBCR2 have played it :)

No I didn't mean huge in production but I meant i have a feeling that if she gets a big hit from the album ( one song is bound to catch on if they release multiple singles - look at Florence - although what kind of man was brilliant it didn't catch on but after trying a couple of songs out 'ship to wreck' seems to have started gaining traction and looks like it will end up a hit)
    I mean I think if fire under my feet doesn't end up doing well for whatever reason, just keep popping them singles out and one is bound to catch on... And I had an odd feeling the title track 'I am' when it gets released as a single will do really well and potentially be a huge hit

Well not Taylor swift huge but huge like one more sleep type success on iTunes but without the drop in sales after Christmas ended 😁😁😁

Sorry if I confused you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Yes of course, but we can all worry if it's not on the playlist this wednesday and beyond. It was just unnecessary to worry about airplay 5-6 weeks before the release date. We should wait until the radio tour is over before worrying.

Also the info is EXTREMELY questionable. Alesha Dixson tweeted the editor about it:

But this is the problem I have with the attitude of this forum. Nobody should be telling people when they can and can't worry. I wish I could be one of those fans who ignores all the signs of whats going to happen, but I'm more realistic than that. I thought something was a little off when she didn't premier on Radio 1/Capital and had a feeling perhaps Radio 1 wouldn't be fully on board.

I still think there is a possibility of C-list, but for a single that's meant to be a big comeback, C-list is definitely not what we should be happy about from Radio 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I totally understand that, but it's equally as tiresome for people to read things like:

"Every song out the same week as Leona and some songs out after are being played, but don't worry Radio 1 supported all her other lead singles so obviously they'll play this one"

When actually, that means nothing. The only thing we have to go off for radio 1 at this moment is something that is negative, so of course people will be negative about it. That's fair. What we can all hope for is that it is wrong and she will be playlisted next week. Until then, the negativity is fair.

It'll be release week and she'll be number 845 on iTunes and we'll have people saying "Don't worry. That's not bad. It'll be number 1 in the midweeks because of pre-orders".

That's just as unhelpful as the negative comments.

Never said obviously and it does mean something if a radio station have always supported you in the past. It means there's a higher chance of them supporting you than if they never supported you in the first place.

And your last comment is completely false. Remember "lovebird"? No one was saying anything like that when it was #600 on iTunes, everyone was saying what a disaster it was lol.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda over it, but I have played it LOADS haha! Same thing happened with Trouble, then I got back into it again. I'm giving it a few days and I'm sure i'll be slayed again!

I cannot wait to hear 'I Got You' though. Ahhh! :D

I've stopped listening for couple of days but had it on repeat today again :p
    lewisfry wrote: »
    No I didn't mean huge in production but I meant i have a feeling that if she gets a big hit from the album ( one song is bound to catch on if they release multiple singles - look at Florence - although what kind of man was brilliant it didn't catch on but after trying a couple of songs out 'ship to wreck' seems to have started gaining traction and looks like it will end up a hit)
    I mean I think if fire under my feet doesn't end up doing well for whatever reason, just keep popping them singles out and one is bound to catch on... And I had an odd feeling the title track 'I am' when it gets released as a single will do really well and potentially be a huge hit

Well not Taylor swift huge but huge like one more sleep type success on iTunes but without the drop in sales after Christmas ended 😁😁😁

Sorry if I confused you

Ah I see and no worries :)
  • Options
    lewisfrylewisfry Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just have a feeling that ' I am ' is going to be such a refreshing song I mean for some reason I imagine it to be similar to Christina perri's human ( probably wrong but it's how I imagine it)

On the other hand though I think a song with a really controversial title would gain traction for her... Like I know some used to joke about dirty song names featuring the likes of tulisa and things
    I feel like that would actually be an interesting career move

But regardless I'm not interested in how well she is doing as long as she is producing meaningful, powerful music that's true to her and is a good listen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But this is the problem I have with the attitude of this forum. Nobody should be telling people when they can and can't worry. I wish I could be one of those fans who ignores all the signs of whats going to happen, but I'm more realistic than that. I thought something was a little off when she didn't premier on Radio 1/Capital and had a feeling perhaps Radio 1 wouldn't be fully on board.

I still think there is a possibility of C-list, but for a single that's meant to be a big comeback, C-list is definitely not what we should be happy about from Radio 1.

Well when people don't understand how the chart system works in the UK and ask if they should be worried or not then it's fine to tell people not to be worried. I don't understand why you can't tell people not to worry in a situation where they shouldn't be worrying until after a certain point?

Also, Kelly Clarkson was in a very similar situation as Leona but they still B-listed "Heartbeat Song", so if they can support Kelly they can support Leona. Especially as they're meant to be supporting home-grown acts a lot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I've stopped listening for couple of days but had it on repeat today again :p

Just as much slayage when you put it on today? :D
    I watched the NBA thing and it sounds bloody great in that thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Well when people don't understand how the chart system works in the UK and ask if they should be worried or not then it's fine to tell people not to be worried. I don't understand why you can't tell people not to worry in a situation where they shouldn't be worrying until after a certain point?

Also, Kelly Clarkson was in a very similar situation as Leona but they still B-listed "Heartbeat Song", so if they can support Kelly they can support Leona. Especially as they're meant to be supporting home-grown acts a lot more.

If someone goes "Should we be worried?" and invites your opinion on whether they should be or not, clearly you tell them.

It's when someone reads something like "Radio 1 snubs Leona" and then we have "My god. This negativity is so annoying. Everyone should stop worrying". Errmmm.....No. It's not a great sign, whether you like it or not and people have every right to worry just as people have every right to ignore it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's when someone reads something like "Radio 1 snubs Leona" and then we have "My god. This negativity is so annoying. Everyone should stop worrying". Errmmm.....No. It's not a great sign, whether you like it or not and people have every right to worry just as people have every right to ignore it.

But the thiing is the article was written in the daily star, a notorious tabloid for making things up, written by a person who has no connection to BBC Radio 1 and their playlist making and on top of that Alesha Dixon tweeted about how they made up lies and put words in people's mouth in that segment.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be bothered reading the latest meltdown posts but the Daily Star is notorious for just making stuff up. Probably from the meltdowns on this forum.

The theme of FUMF is possibly more AC than her previous work so it wouldn't surprise me if Radio 1 didn't play it, but I can't see any point in worrying about it at this stage.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Radio 1 snub is true then that's bad news. If it turns out Heart and Capital don't get on board either then it'll have a chart life of about 3-4 weeks like everything she's released since Happy. I'm more annoyed about the article. It just sours things and a million other publications will join the bandwagon.

However, as a few have pointed out, Rita & Nathan's singles have not been playlisted either. So I'll wait until Wednesday before I agree that it doesn't look good for her. If they played Nicole Scherzingers "Your Love" and Kelly Clarkson's "Heartbeat Song" then I don't see why they wouldn't play Leona. We'll see.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to stay positive, there is still too much to happen before people write this song off.

She has her radio tour, then the palladium performance and it is this next week when radio play should start picking up, so worrying about what has been happening so far is pointless imo.

If the Palladium performance gives the song a big boost, we'll probably see loads of the smaller stations jump on board, but I expect that to happen anyway this week.

I am excited to see how things go, I wish people would stop writing it off before it has even begun. :)
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That James Ingham guy works off rumours mainly and isn't as closely linked to people as he'd like to believe. Let's wait and see what happens.
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the same time, people shouldn't be coming on here and saying "guys, I think we should be worried because there's very little airplay/getting snubbed/Little Mix are doing better etc.

When people like myself tell others to calm down, it's simply to give a much broader perspective. Not everything in the music industry is black and white, there are many factors that determine how well a single or an album do. Too many factors in fact for anyone to accurately determine anything! Just have a little more faith in Island, they've been around a lot longer than Syco and have much more experience with different types of artists. I'm sure they'll achieve whatever goals they have set themselves with regards to FUMF and I Am.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That James Ingham guy works off rumours mainly and isn't as closely linked to people as he'd like to believe. Let's wait and see what happens.

That's true, I remember him saying in January the album was only half way done when we knew otherwise.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    How's this for a positive spin? If Radio 1 has indeed snubbed Leona, then it is better for it to be reported than kept quiet. That way it gets her publicity and might encourage people to support her.:D

That is brilliant. I also agree with crazyloop. I find it so off putting in here at times. I am determined to just enjoy this era and what I have heard so far has me buzzing.
  • Options
    X_UltimateBun_XX_UltimateBun_X Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a regular poster in here, but reading through pages and pages of nonsense is growing incredibly tiresome. This constant need for worrying before the era has even kicked off properly is stupid, to say the least.. I think positivity is a lot more valid in this current situation than negativity because we have more reason to feel positive than negative. Okay, fair enough , radio play isn't all that we would have wished for... But how many times do you have to be told SHES GOING ON A REGIONAL RADIO TOUR THIS WEEK. The claims that "people have just as much right to be negative as they do positive" is silly, because they absolutely don't. And 2 members in particular are possibly two of the most irritating people ever and I would have never thought I would have known of fellow leona fans that get on my nerves. I moved over to buzzjack because I just couldn't cope with some people and their poor attitudes & my first time back in god knows how long and look...
    People have already come to the conclusion that leona will never be famous again or the she's going to get dropped, or that FUMF was the wrong single (which by the way, how would you even know if you haven't heard the others or seen how FUMF has done?!). You're choosing to focus on the negative such as that silly article and things that you've just made up in your head (probably because you enjoy worrying) but completely disregard the positive such as the NBA thing ; and you're doing so wilfully because you like your own negativity , it's just as simple as that.

At least give Leona a chance before you decide the outcome, because you're driving people away (inc. me). Like I said, I'm not a regular poster but going through the pages and seeing peoples' comments really began to grate on me and I just had to say something.
  • Options
    Forum Member

At least give Leona a chance before you decide the outcome, because you're driving people away (inc. me). Like I said, I'm not a regular poster but going through the pages and seeing peoples' comments really began to grate on me and I just had to say something.

If actually have a look at the members who haven't posted recently, it's the ones that have been labelled stupid, annoying, constantly negative and so on whenever they express a concern that no longer post anymore. Just remember that :)
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    If actually have a look at the members who haven't posted recently, it's the ones that have been labelled stupid, annoying, constantly negative and so on whenever they express a concern that no longer post anymore. Just remember that :)

I think there are a lot of posters who only post when there is some actual news/a performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »
    I think there are a lot of posters who,only post when there is some actual news/a performance.

There might be, but I know there's at least 4 who don't post in here anymore and message via PM only now because they don't like to say anything on here. Probably better that way for them, which is a shame!
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There might be, but I know there's at least 4 who don't post in here anymore and message via PM only now because they don't like to say anything on here. Probably better that way for them, which is a shame!

Or for us, which is not a shame :kitty:
This discussion has been closed.