Comments

• samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? :confused:
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he doesn't want his son to be saddled with an older woman and a baby. Which is cruel because his son loves the older woman.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So am I. Changing the DNA test result was totally out of order. I've liked him up till now but no longer.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Because he doesn't want his son to be saddled with an older woman and a baby. Which is cruel because his son loves the older woman.
    But Rakesh is old and wise enough to know that almost certainly won't still be the case in even 10 years, when she's pushing 50 and he's only Not28. :o
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    What's happens when the child is born Indian?
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the baby is going to be mixed race, how's he going to explain that one away??
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    But Rakesh is old and wise enough to know that almost certainly won't still be the case in even 10 years, when she's pushing 50 and he's only Not28. :o

Oh I know that but doctoring the DNA results. All Rakesh had to do was wait till Kirin grew out of his relationship which was bound to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Oh I know that but doctoring the DNA results. All Rakesh had to do was wait till Kirin grew out of his relationship which was bound to happen.
    Yes, but it might not happen for 2 or 3 years, by which time the child will have got used to being part of the Kirin/Nessa family unit and will be devastated when his dad suddenly beggars off with a younger model. :(

But of course, I know it's totally wrong of Rakesh to play god with people's lives. :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rakesh is so evil yet handsome :blush:
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or will everyone notice if the baby is half Asian? Archie is very obvious despite his mum being white and his Dad being half Asian. He anyone didn't guess who the dad was is beyond me. Amba is the same although Molly was very fair. When the baby arrives and has beautiful big brown eyes and dark hair would anyone really be fooled that it's Adam's? I'm not expert on DNA but isn't the darker skin gene more dominant?
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he clearly doesn't give a toss about it being his grandchild :D
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rakesh is so evil yet handsome :blush:

I agree 100% on both counts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirin has the right to his own child :(
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirin has the right to his own child :(

It will all come out in the wash.

to be fair Rakesh is a corporate lawyer you don't get there without being ruthless which he is. being absolutely god damn attractive is just an added bonus :)
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But its ok for him to have a younger girlfriend ! Typical bloke. Not liking this storyline. When they eventually find out Kirin will go back to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    It will all come out in the wash.

to be fair Rakesh is a corporate lawyer you don't get there without being ruthless which he is. being absolutely god damn attractive is just an added bonus :)

Yes I agree about Rakesh :D. However he denied his own grandchild :(
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when the child is born is will be obvious who the father is
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rakesh, and it's good to see his sneaky, ruthless side. Hopefully we might see him become more villainous, though I say that with some trepidation, as villains seem to have a shelf life unless their make is Dingle!

Eric Pollard used to be the village villain back in the day. He was sneaky, nasty and ruthless yet he's managed to stand the rest of time. I'd like to see someone else do the same.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I think Kirin will ask to Vanessa to marry him and bring the baby up as his own.... spectacularly backfiring for Rakesh.... OR... Vanessa might suddenly decide it's not worth losing Kirin for.... so books a Termination which see's Rakesh rushing to the clinic to save his grandchild afterall......... OR!? I've run out of ideas lol x
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I like Rakesh, and it's good to see his sneaky, ruthless side. Hopefully we might see him become more villainous, though I say that with some trepidation, as villains seem to have a shelf life unless their make is Dingle!

Eric Pollard used to be the village villain back in the day. He was sneaky, nasty and ruthless yet he's managed to stand the rest of time. I'd like to see someone else do the same.

I agree. Rakesh is a better character than Vanessa and Kirin put together. I do not agree with what he has done, but I understand why he did what he did. What parent wants their 17 year old son, who is not long out of school, to be saddled with a woman old enough to be his Mother?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    I think Kirin will ask to Vanessa to marry him and bring the baby up as his own.... spectacularly backfiring for Rakesh.... OR... Vanessa might suddenly decide it's not worth losing Kirin for.... so books a Termination which see's Rakesh rushing to the clinic to save his grandchild afterall......... OR!? I've run out of ideas lol x
    Ooh, that one sounds rather plausible to me. :)
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I don't know why emmerdale are going down this road. There are enough complications with Adam and kirin and their families getting involved. Another 'whose the daddy' drawn out scenario is just not necessary.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt we'll have to wait too long for it all to be revealed.
    Rakesh becomes concern about how much Kirin is upset by the news that it's not his - he starts bringing other women home, having parties & makes a drunken pass at Priya.
    Adam & Victoria have their own troubles through which they resolve their differences & get engaged.

I'm guessing Rakesh will relent at some point soon & Vanessa & Kirin will be back to playing happy families within a couple of weeks
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »

If Rakesh were as ruthless as I'd like him to be, he'd allow (in fact, encourage) Vanessa to go for a termination even knowing the truth.

There are many people who'd be that selfish in real life. He knows Kirin is more than likely to go on and have more children. The one he's having with Vanessa is an unwanted convenience that will impact Kirin for the rest of his life. Vanessa getting an abortion would be very welcome in the eyes of Rakesh. There'd be evidence of his own wrongdoing so there'd be no chance that Kirin would ever find out the truth, plus there'd no baby. Win win?
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait? Jai is half-Indian? I thought he was full Indian?