Royal Baby Birth News Coverage Thread (Tuesday 23rd July 2013 - onwards)

1235»

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    A royal correspondent can hardly be considered to have much journalistic credibility anyway. It basically consists of fawning and tittle tattle about who was wearing what etc.

Not that different from most other correspondents. They make contacts in the various Royal households and hope they will be thrown the odd snippet of information just as lots of other correspondents do.

They get to know people working close to the Royals so the recognise them and are able to do so when they are somewhere unexpected.

Just good old fashioned journalism.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    If they had delayed announcing the name for another 15 minutes, it would have been too late for the BBC Six O'Clock News. It would have been worth doing just to annoy Nicholas Witchell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I have been watching all the coverage about the new Prince George.
    The programme about how the maternity and baby retail market is flooded with souvenirs and Royal themed logos on items was very interesting.
    While I was watching that programme I had a phone call from my son in law to say my new grandson had just been born. In the words of a song I am so excited that I just can't hide it. :D
    No fuss, daughter just went into labour three and a half weeks early and delivered a healthy son very quickly and went home late last night.
    There will be no memorabilia, no photographers snapping away or mass public interest. So I feel a bit sorry for the Royal couple right at this moment.
    A new baby's arrival is such a precious moment for any family. But today I shall be buying something with our new grandson's name on, a balloon. :)
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'All fool ye!' How news networks were duped by the fake 'royal town crier' who hijacked Monday's birth announcement in front of watching millions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2377483/Royal-baby-News-networks-duped-fake-royal-town-crier-hijacked-birth-announcement.html#ixzz2a6rMoWlB
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    The programme about how the maternity and baby retail market is flooded with souvenirs and Royal themed logos on items was very interesting.
    While I was watching that programme I had a phone call from my son in law to say my new grandson had just been born. In the words of a song I am so excited that I just can't hide it. :D
    No fuss, daughter just went into labour three and a half weeks early and delivered a healthy son very quickly and went home late last night.
    There will be no memorabilia, no photographers snapping away or mass public interest. So I feel a bit sorry for the Royal couple right at this moment.
    A new baby's arrival is such a precious moment for any family. But today I shall be buying something with our new grandson's name on, a balloon. :)

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson, Lizalynn. :) Grandchildren are such a joy.

I have to ask....will he be called George?;)

Of course, a baby's arrival is a happy and momentous event for any family, including the royals, and I do wish them well. It's just all the media hype that annoys me.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Congratulations...I became a granny in December, and I love it!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Congratulations.

The moaners forget that there are lots of people who do not have any family or perhaps no children so they do not get the opportunity to have the excitement of a new child or grandchild. To many of them a Royal baby will be the nearest they get to experiencing it first hand.