Under The Dome S3 (UK pace)

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least there's a few possibilities to keep us going - on the bright side she didn't say "they're heeeeeeerrrre" :p
    Maybe she's an activist for the Democratic Army For The Exodus of Residents and the place is now being overrun by the Popular League Of New Knights Elping Residents. There may be other groups too...

Do they have a splinter group??

Popular League Of New Knights Elping Residents (South)
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Do they have a splinter group??
    Popular League Of New Knights Elping Residents (South)
    Yes that's him over there *points* pretending like he needs a plural :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In no particular order:

1) The closing scene :)
    2) Sam :mad:
    3) Joe :(
    4) Sexual Healing ;)
    5) Scary super-strength queen mother :eek:

Emotional rollercoaster, I'm a complete wreck etc etc I'm just glad I didn't need a :cry: for the dog, who as far as I could tell got away, yay for muttley :D

Christine being healed by a young man's life force...? Can't think why that seems familiar :p
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that love conquers all - or appears to! (Julia and Barbie). Of course, you mentioned that in your post "The Closing Scene"! :)
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was Harriet the midwife that time when Norrie's mom had to deliver that woman's baby, I wonder?

Also, how come there were still loads of coffins in the funeral home, considering the huge number of deaths in Chester's Mill since the dome appeared?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Not to mention that love conquers all - or appears to! (Julia and Barbie). ...
    I think the 'or appears to' might turn out to be somewhat prescient - The Dome has a way of twisting things around so we think everything's fine right up until it bites us!
    catsitter wrote: »
    ... Also, how come there were still loads of coffins in the funeral home, considering the huge number of deaths in Chester's Mill since the dome appeared?
    No idea about the midwife but I suspect the coffins were the posh display ones and nobody could afford them - but these places normally have a stack of fold-ups available.
    Or they couldn't get them open because they are locked from the inside :eek: :p
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Barbie's baby will be an execrated pregnancy and age really quickly and no doubt have special powers.

And I thought the writers of Falling Skies were taking the piss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And anyway, surely the funeral home should be the busiest place in Chester's Mill! How could anyone think it would be a good place to hide out?
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scott789s wrote: »
    So Barbie's baby will be an execrated pregnancy and age really quickly and no doubt have special powers.

well yeah it has to be, the pace of the show, is about 1 day an episode, it would take 210 episodes to cover a 9 month pregnancy, at that pace, 210 episodes the show does not have.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    scott789s wrote: »

FS totally ripped off that idea from V: The Series
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Magic babies are a long established trope in SF/Fantasy. They rarely turn out well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    well yeah it has to be, the pace of the show, is about 1 day an episode, it would take 210 episodes to cover a 9 month pregnancy, at that pace, 210 episodes the show does not have.

Given how the first episodes of this series spanned a year (of events that did not actually happen to anyone outside the dome, or at all except as a dream to those within the cocoons), I'm willing to let them go with this fast alien gestation period.

My current problem with it is why haven't the US government done more about the dome; surely they would have multiple ground forces stationed immediately outside, only to be withdrawn if a powerful attack was being prepared, which may well mean a neutron or H-bomb. Surely the government must by now be treating this as a hostile invasion of their country, which has resisted the earlier very powerful conventional explosion. Maybe depends on their involvement with Aktion.

The downsides of a nuclear detonation within their country would be a price worth paying given that it is in a fairly rural area (and the USA is pretty damn big), and that a sky-burst near the top of the dome would either bring it down (job done, last episode unless the baby can create a new egg or something), or have little effect on anyone else as there would be hardly any fallout from that sort of blast, especially if the dome deflected or absorbed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because Big Jim firing on Chester Mill residents didnt make that clear already.

I really hope that everyone working on the show knew about this before season three entered production and that they were able to give the show a fitting conclusion which answers everything. I'm not holding out much hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    I really hope that everyone working on the show knew about this before season three entered production and that they were able to give the show a fitting conclusion which answers everything. I'm not holding out much hope.
    I think they know, I dont think they could do the whole "Jim shoots the town people" and is seen as a hero for doing so, in anything other than the shows final season, it feels like a final season plot line to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness, we'll all be saved from the Dome soon.

I noticed that when Barbie was brought out of his Kinship zombiedom by the power of true love, he was concerned that he might have hurt Julia, but he wasn't bothered about the people who he'd killed.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that when Barbie was brought out of his Kinship zombiedom by the power of true love, he was concerned that he might have hurt Julia, but he wasn't bothered about the people who he'd killed.

Yes that annoyed me too.

I am not keen when TV shows use extras as 'red shirts'. It devalues the ordinary person.

It is bad enough they have got them all going around whistling, let alone being killed because they are basically worthless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that annoyed me too.

I am not keen when TV shows use extras as 'red shirts'. It devalues the ordinary person.

It is bad enough they have got them all going around whistling, let alone being killed because they are basically worthless.
    another reason this is the final season, they just killed alot of young female characters (granted we never noticed them before) to help the baby grow real quick.

When the Dome does come down, I hope it wont be presented as a happy ending, because this series has killed off must of what was left of the town.

Also I would like to suggest that the baby will be Melanie, just as a finale twist to the whole affair
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    When the Dome does come down, I hope it wont be presented as a happy ending, because this series has killed off must of what was left of the town.

Most of leading characters are murderers, aren't they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is the case that the end is nigh and we are facing the final curtain, then I think I'll either need to step away from this thread or look at it from a distance because although I don't object to speculation, I've always like the unexpected weirdness, even the bits that turned out to be obvious in hindsight...

No more Dome :cry: and where's the bottom-lip-DM-sadface smiley when you need it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of leading characters are murderers, aren't they?
    some of them were that to start off with, but in fairness that is pretty standard in UK soaps as well.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be perfectly honest, although I look forward to seeing the programme, it is the first one I have seen where I am glad they aren't renewing it. However, I will miss seeing the delectable Mike Vogel on my TV screen each week!
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only person I remember Barbie killing while "under the influence" was the guy attacking his pregnant girlfriend. Maybe some Aktion. I could see Barbie killing them under normal circumstances.

As for townsfolk. I've loooooooong given up trying to work out how many there's supposed to be. I thought there was at most 150-200 right now...but 2,000? I get they can't show everyone at once, but when everyone was going through the cave, there looked about 2-3 groups of about twenty people (from vague memory). So even 200 was a stretch for me.

As for where we're going; ultimately we're in pod people territory now where the goal is to stop the aliens getting out of the dome. Which makes no sense from the dome's original purpose...maybe two opposing alien forces? It's gone from "dome is protection, eggs sent out to protect humans/aliens from Earth disaster to come." Yet they/pod people WANT to get out and spread clearly. What then was the point of the dome going up? It only brought suspicion to them. Were those pods there already underground ready to activate, to "pod" people up, send them out to take over the world? With the dome going up a sort of safety defence to stop the spread of the "pod people" effect? Then we have Aktion, playing the role of "The Company" from Alien who will no doubt want to try and bring some egg/alien back at all costs.

My theory is everyone will snap out of being pod people when everyone almost dies/suffocates from the dome calcifying, then it comes down or corrects itself.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ It does annoy me that the boy is working to help bring down the Dome. It seems like letting it calcify and suffocate everyone inside would be the best option, if that would prevent the kindred from taking over the whole planet.