Coleen Rooney - the nations new sweetheart?

Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's cute, reasonably hard working, polite and despite taking back Wayne (I have no real opinion on that) comes across as quite likable.

With Cheryl who may move to the States. I think Coleen can take her place and the southern media like a working class accent.. hence why Katona, Cheryl et all have been bestowed wih the 'national sweetheart' title.

It also helps that her and Wayne are only 25.. and Wayne is meant to be England's footballing savior.

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    LMAO are you kidding?
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no.. I'm not. She's the only person who can realistically take Cheryl's place should Cheryl upsticks and move to America.. she also has more years in her.

Just to add, I dont believe that Nations should have a national sweetheart.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.. I'm not. She's the only person who can realistically take Cheryl's place should Cheryl upsticks and move to America.. she also has more years in her.

Just to add, I dont believe that Nations should have a national sweetheart.

Why are you proposing her as one in that case?

It's a ridiculous concept - as are your comical arguments for CR. At least try and find someone who's done something worthy or worthwhile or has, at the very minimum, a talent.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's pathetic. She has made all her money and had successful business ventures, purely through being Mrs Rooney. He has so little regard for her that he hops off and porks any ropey old slag he can find and she puts up and shuts up.

I don't see her as the Nation's sweetheart - just the Nation's sap - like the hideous Toni Terry.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    No, because Colleen doesn't have Cheryl's looks, a key thing that got her the "Nation's Sweetheart" tag. Both are talentless, but Colleen is slightly homely looking which wouldn't help.

(Should point out that while Cheryl Cole is pretty, I personally think her looks are overrated. She still looks like a thug to me, a pretty thug, but a thug all the same.)
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. Colleens credibility fell flat after she took that prat back. She didn't have to, she was successful in her own right and was gaining fans.
    Not any more. She has shown how spineless and dependent on that brute she is. Not much left to respect now is there.
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because it's cold outside today, doesn't mean it's a good time to create inane threads.
    Not for the 1st time...................
    Harry!
    Your fired!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why are you proposing her as one in that case?

It's a ridiculous concept - as are your comical arguments for CR. At least try and find someone who's done something worthy or worthwhile or has, at the very minimum, a talent.

no but the sweetheart tends to be northern and/or with a working class background. and the sweethearts never have talent or do anything worthwhile so she makes sense.

She would be a slight step up in comparison to the last; Katona a junkie mother and Cheryl a convict with a dangerous family. Jordan, fame junkie, former kiss and teller. Jade Goody (RIP), Danielle Lloyd.

unless they go with Katie Middleton.. who also hasn't done anything worthwhile or any known talent either. But the sweethearts never really have posh accents. (I know there was Diana but I heard she wasn't that popular when she was alive and she was royalty)

I can think of no one else because those that do do worthwhile things, are talented and intelligent are not elevated into those type of statuses. And they don't recieve that much publicity.:)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    WTF is a "Nation's Sweetheart" and why do we need or want one?

Especially one who happily watches he husband play away from home on a regular basis but is happy as long as the cash keeps rolling in.

Down our way, we have a name for women like that..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For as long as I can remember, since living here, there has always been a woman that is promoted as the nations obsession for eg : Beckham, Cole, Katona, Goody, Price, Vorderman have all been 'National Sweethearts'* each replacing the other. The tabs will implode if they don't have a new obsession or one at all (not a bad thing)

*'m not sure if Myleene was ever given that title.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no but the sweetheart tends to be northern and/or with a working class background. and the sweethearts never have talent or do anything worthwhile so she makes sense.

She would be a slight step up in comparison to the last; Katona a junkie mother and Cheryl a convict with a dangerous family. Jordan, fame junkie, former kiss and teller. Jade Goody (RIP), Danielle Lloyd.

unless they go with Katie Middleton.. who also hasn't done anything worthwhile or any known talent either. But the sweethearts never really have posh accents. (I know there was Diana but I heard she wasn't that popular when she was alive and she was royalty)

I can think of no one else because those that do do worthwhile things, are talented and intelligent are not elevated into those type of statuses. And they don't recieve that much publicity.:)

You really want one, don't you! :D Kate Middleton will probably become one in tabloid terms for the next few months. The royal image-spinners have really upped PR where she's concerned and she's already looking very dutiful and low-key conservative stylish. She's ready-made for 'nation's sweetheart' office.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When were Katona, Goody, Lloyd or Price ever considered anything but desperately thick Z-Listers? I don't recall any of them being seen as 'sweethearts'. Goody and Lloyd were loathed even before their infamous behaviour on CBB. OK, Katona won 'I'm a celebrity' but that didn't last long.

I completely disagree with the assertion that the tag tends to be for northern/working class women. Princess Diana was seen as the nation's sweetheart. I couldn't stand her - but she did have a lot of support.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the nation's laughing stock and golddigger (Well how else would you explain a woman who stays with a serial cheat?)

I have zero sympathy for her when Wayne cheats again, which he will sooner or later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Katona being called the nation's sweetheart by the media when she won in the jungle program.. she just lost her husband and she came across well in the Jungle, and she became a media darling until that whole Coke thing and people got fed up.. Jordan took over because of that because of the Andre connection.

Goody's stupidity was seen as endearing and was seen as inspirational, her unpleasantness was airbrushed or brushed off as charming.. until CBB where it could not be ignored... she became sweetheart once more when she tragically got cancer.

Diana - I was still really young so I don't remember much about her except her death but my family in England was saying how hypocritical the media were regarding Diana because of how they were towards her when she was alive. *shrug* but she was royalty so I dunno.. she wasn't as media made?
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I think she's pathetic. She has made all her money and had successful business ventures, purely through being Mrs Rooney. He has so little regard for her that he hops off and porks any ropey old slag he can find and she puts up and shuts up.

I don't see her as the Nation's sweetheart - just the Nation's sap - like the hideous Toni Terry.

I agree with you........ 'nations weakheart' morelike.....

pathetic excuse of a woman.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Harry Redknapp;46686225Goody's stupidity was seen as endearing and was seen as inspirational, her unpleasantness was airbrushed or brushed off as charming.. until CBB where it could not be ignored... she became sweetheart once more when she tragically got cancer.

[/QUOTE]

that was all made up, well according to a forum stalker is was because i read it here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Katona being called the nation's sweetheart by the media when she won in the jungle program.. she just lost her husband and she came across well in the Jungle, and she became a media darling until that whole Coke thing and people got fed up.. Jordan took over because of that because of the Andre connection.

Goody's stupidity was seen as endearing and was seen as inspirational, her unpleasantness was airbrushed or brushed off as charming.. until CBB where it could not be ignored... she became sweetheart once more when she tragically got cancer.

Diana - I was still really young so I don't remember much about her except her death but my family in England was saying how hypocritical the media were regarding Diana because of how they were towards her when she was alive. *shrug* but she was royalty so I dunno.. she wasn't as media made?

By whom:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the media/pundits and a lot of members of the public.. tho tbf it was mainly the tabs such as The Sun, Mirror, NOTW etc.. and those talking head programs

I remember there being loads of talk how it was inspirational how someone with so little can make so much of herself. Her unpleasantries were often either blamed on her bullied victims or her background/upbringing. With that whole CBB bullying- the media (tabs, bb presenters and prodcers) tried to blame Shilpa for the 3 girls, it was only when the veiwer complaints raised that they realised they were out of touch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the media/pundits and a lot of members of the public.. tho tbf it was mainly the tabs such as The Sun, Mirror, NOTW etc.. and those talking head programs

I remember there being loads of talk how it was inspirational how someone with so little can make so much of herself. Her unpleasantries were often either blamed on her bullied victims or her background/upbringing. With that whole CBB bullying- the media (tabs, bb presenters and prodcers) tried to blame Shilpa for the 3 girls, it was only when the veiwer complaints raised that they realised they were out of touch.

Oh. I always thought she was pig thick and the the very opposite of inspirational. My bad probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I think Coleen Rooney is a very nice, classy and beautiful person but that’s just it really. She doesn't have any real talent and she doesn't really work hard either , with the money she and her husband have I wouldn't want to work either. She just pays someone to put her name on products that are made by someone else, turn up to autograph signings and then get paid.

Without Wayne I wonder if Coleen would of been famous on her own and have jobs offered to her so easily without studying, qualifications or experience for them?

I know Coleen cares for her sister who has rett syndrome and her and Wayne give money to charity, which they have my respect for, but they’re not the only ones. A lot of non millionaires and other celebrities give money to charities aswell. It isn’t going to make me a fan of them though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a joke? At least replace the last talentles one with someone who actually has a talent of some sort :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myleene? she's classically trained and can sing and is intelligent and beautiful. And to satisfy those who disapprove of her taking back Wayne, Myleene hasn't. :D
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    olu1 wrote: »
    In my opinion I think Coleen Rooney is a very nice, classy and beautiful person but that’s just it really. She doesn't have any real talent and she doesn't really work hard either , with the money she and her husband have I wouldn't want to work either. She just pays someone to put her name on products that are made by someone else, turn up to autograph signings and then get paid.

Without Wayne I wonder if Coleen would of been famous on her own and have jobs offered to her so easily without studying, qualifications or experience for them?

I know Coleen cares for her sister who has rett syndrome and her and Wayne give money to charity, which they have my respect for, but they’re not the only ones. A lot of non millionaires and other celebrities give money to charities aswell. It isn’t going to make me a fan of them though.

no way is that chav "classy"!!
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Nah, she's not pretty enough to be the nation's sweetheart.

And besides she's far from classy and she sleeps with an ugly repulsive man. yuck...
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lost alot of respect and support from alot of people recently I highly doubt it. I think the WAG worship is crashing, thank goodness.