Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, he is hopelessly out of his depth, but after last season, he knows what he is doing.

I genuinely find it hard to believe that in the era of Neil Lennon being targeted with death threats that McCoist didn't know the repercussions of what he said but at the same time if feel that its giving him too much credit if it was a plot.

I really don't know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    McCoist's comments were ridiculous but I just think he is an idiot.

Someone on here said before; 'Lennon has a right air his opinions'.

Surely McCoist has the same right, no matter how stupid his comments are.
    Forum Member
    t1t3h wrote: »

So if McCoist said "shoot all Cetic fans"

That would be ok?

Of course not. There is a responsibility to realise the consequences of any statement made.
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    So if McCoist said "shoot all Cetic fans"

That would be ok?

Of course not. There is a responsibility to realise the consequences of any statement made.

No of course it wouldn't be ok, they both have a responsibility to realise the consequences of what they say. The trouble is they don't. They have both been at the clubs long enough to realise how idiotic some of their fans are.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is airing your opinion and then there is being economical with the truth.

Does anyone know if McCoist will be leading The Rangers to Hampden tomorrow for the very first time as manager?
    Forum Member
    There is airing your opinion and then there is being economical with the truth.

Does anyone know if McCoist will be leading The Rangers to Hampden tomorrow for the very first time as manager?

Neil Lennon after the defeat in the League Cup final - ''For me it is a criminal decision and it has cost us the treble''

Is that being economical with the truth? Considering they still had a semi final to play in the Scottish cup?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Lennon after the defeat in the League Cup final - ''For me it is a criminal decision and it has cost us the treble''

Is that being economical with the truth? Considering they still had a semi final to play in the Scottish cup?

No, that was his opinion, he was also given a two match ban for those comments by a judicial panel who's names rename a secret.

The only comment made by Celtic was that they received a fair hearing - speaking of which - do Rangers feel their hearing was unfair?

I think McCoist was being sleekit with regard to the panel (I believe Andrew Dickson was the Rangers staff member who represented the club at the hearing so if McCoist was really wanting to know who they were - why did he not just ask?), making inaccurate claims regarding Portsmouth and making out the SFA were the big bad wolf trying to blow the big hoose doon.

Was it not McCoist who said earlier this season that he knew how the media works?
    Forum Member
    No, that was his opinion, he was also given a two match ban for those comments by a judicial panel who's names rename a secret.

The only comment made by Celtic was that they received a fair hearing - speaking of which - do Rangers feel their hearing was unfair?

I think McCoist was being sleekit with regard to the panel (I believe Andrew Dickson was the Rangers staff member who represented the club at the hearing so if McCoist was really wanting to know who they were - why did he not just ask?), making inaccurate claims regarding Portsmouth and making out the SFA were the big bad wolf trying to blow the big hoose doon.

Was it not McCoist who said earlier this season that he knew how the media works?

So do you want the names of who was on the panel? Why?

Rangers clearly do feel their hearing was unfair. They seem to think they have done nothing wrong despite the facts that they have cheated Scottish football for years.

McCoist knew who the panel were but like I've always said it's not the first time and it won't be the last time that the Scottish media favour the Old Firm over anyone else. To be honest they don't care about any other teams in Scotland apart from Celtic and Rangers. It is quite frankly disgusting.

McCoist was being sleekit, just like Lennon was after the games against Rangers, Kilmarnock and Hearts over the past few weeks, making out referees were the big bad wolf that cost Celtic the treble.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    seems that when Lennon says something its opinion but when McCoist says something he is stirring things
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    seems that when Lennon says something its opinion but when McCoist says something he is stirring things

Its nothing but a smokescreen though.

Look at every single thing that Glasgow Rangers FC have apparently done wrong in that last number of years. There is a list as long as your arm.

Yet the fans want to protest about one small punishment that has been handed down to the club. They aren't attacking the club. They aren't attacking the owner, they aren't attacking the previous owner. They are attacking the people who essential had nothing to do with the mess they find themselves in. Its misguided at best, completely bloody stupid some might say.

If they actually look at the situation most Rangers fans will realise they DESERVE this punishment and lots more besides.
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look at every single thing that Glasgow Ranger FC have apparently done wrong in that last number of years. There is a list as long as your arm.

Yet the fans want to protest about one small punishment that has been handed down to the club. They aren't attacking the club. They aren't attacking the owner, they aren't attacking the previous owner. They are attacking the people who essential had nothing to do with the mess they find themselves in. Its misguided at best, completely bloody stupid some might say.

If they actually look at the situation most Rangers fans will realise they DESERVE this punishment and lots more besides.

If it's any consolation mate, I agree 100% with everything you've said. I must admit, I don't believe Rangers fans actually realise how embarrassing they are in the eyes of the world. It's actually quite pathetic :(
    Forum Member
    Uriah wrote: »
    If it's any consolation mate, I agree 100% with everything you've said. I must admit, I don't believe Rangers fans actually realise how embarrassing they are in the eyes of the world. It's actually quite pathetic :(

I totally understand the frustration and fear that they must be feeling seeing this happen to their club. It shows how fans really have no control over what happens in these situations. But really they are effectively trying to shoot the messenger here i think.

They are actually alienating themselves from everyone who does have sympathy for them as supporters. A chant of "we are the people" and "no one likes us we don't care" really isn't doing them any favours!!
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

Look at every single thing that Glasgow Rangers FC have apparently done wrong in that last number of years. There is a list as long as your arm.

Rangers deserve all the punishment they get and hopefully they are in the 3rd division next season but going by some on here only one half of the Old Firm managers can be saying something that is opinion but when the other one says something they are causing trouble.;)

i didnt agree with what he said, it was of no concern to the wider audience who was responsible for punishing Rangers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "SFA Sanctions cost jobs"

According to Jardine protest banner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Miller's bid still dependant on the SPL/SFA punishments.

TBK/BK bid less than Miller and the Creditors would get more from liquidation
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "SFA Sanctions cost jobs"

According to Jardine protest banner.

So does not paying your bills.

Rangers are not the victim in all this.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in Shawlands and have to say it was mighty impressive the numbers that turned out.

Definitely 10,000 plus
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Shawlands and have to say it was mighty impressive the numbers that turned out.

Definitely 10,000 plus

Not going to achieve anything though - Rangers deserve to be punished.
    Forum Member

Definitely 10,000 plus

I would say a demonstration that 10,000 people have absolutely no idea what they are doing is more depressing than impressive.

Why not go and protest to Whyte or Murray - the guys who ACTUALLY have a case to answer?

Or how about passing the "save the Rangers" cash buckets under the noses of those players who benefitted from the EBT's in the first place....they seem a bit quiet on the whole thing.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do these idiots get off. Sfa sanctions cost jobs they say. Never mind the tax avoidence and not paying debts which other clubs rely on.

Were juventus to big to be relegated through breaking the rules? Marseille to big to be relegated 2 dvisions for breaking the rules? But somehow rangers having a transfer embargo or possibly relegated can't happen as scottish football can't survive without rule breakers.

David Murray still has the media in his backpocket. Somehow this illusion has managed to happen where before Craig whyte turned up everything was fine at modor. No debt, no tax avoidence, no ebt's and rangers were all fine and dandy. Why don't these fans go marching to David Murray's offices instead of the sfa who are not the guilty party here.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Why don't these fans go marching to David Murray's offices instead of the sfa who are not the guilty party here.
    Marching along the M8 to Edinburgh wouldn't be a great idea from a road safety point of view.

http://www.murray-international.co.uk/homepage.htm

Still, maybe the Forth and Clyde Canal might provide an alternative via an invasion by a flotilla of small boats.

ETA: Actually, they'd also need to use the Union Canal and, I think, the Falkirk Wheel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite being Whyte's victims - Rangers will be profiting from Whyte's dastardly deeds tomorrow when the likes of Bocanegra, Goian and Aluko will feature in the team.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy Jardine really has no shame:

“We will wait to see what the SPL and the SFA do with the supposed sanctions and, after that, we as a body will take appropriate action against either the governing bodies or the individual clubs we feel have been detrimental to Rangers Football Club.

“There is nothing off the table, we will wait and see what the SFA and SPL do. They might not take any action, which is great. But if they do then we will address these actions in an appropriate manner.”

“Not all clubs are against Rangers, we have some friends out there. We will find out one way or another.”

You would think rangers are the innocent party with talk like this. It really is amazing how rangers fc seem to think they are above the laws of the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears The Blue Knights are no longer after a pence in the £ deal, rather a penny in a £100 deal.

£5m cash for a potential £120m debt.
This discussion has been closed.