Options

Marvel's Agent Carter (UK pace)

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    All the handcuffs on the beds in the dorm were on the same side.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to go back to watch last week's episode but I don't think it was definitely the same side for all the girls in the flashback.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has certainly upped the game in the last two or three episodes! A really good episode tonight.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTE 2 the Irish channel are showing it on a Saturday afternoon. They have not cut it at all, the same as shown at 9pm on UK tv.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    The latest episode was certainly riveting and fast paced. I really enjoyed it.

Leviathan is fairly obvious to be connected to Hydra considering the names.

Hydra was a water serpent and so is Leviathan

In the comics Leviathan was created by the Soviets in the same way HYDRA was originally created by the Nazis
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    RTE 2 the Irish channel are showing it on a Saturday afternoon. They have not cut it at all, the same as shown at 9pm on UK tv.
    The censor department at RTÉ are fairly laid back with this sort of thing, it was the same with AOS, Series 1 part 2 also got pushed back to Sunday afternoon around 5 and showed unedited while Channel 4 edited its 8pm showing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why they'd send a man with a crutch to possibly find and take on a deadly trained assasin.

Was no surprise when it was him who initially found her.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    The ending might have been a little more of a surprise if I hadn't just watched a certain film on Bluray this last weekend which used a similar (everyone goes mad and beats the crap out of each other) plot device.

If you've seen it you'll know the one I mean. If you haven't I'm not going to spoil it for you.

Enjoying this series, though.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I don't understand why they'd send a man with a crutch to possibly find and take on a deadly trained assasin.

Was no surprise when it was him who initially found her.

To be fair, he seemed to cope better than most who have gone up against her!
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    To be fair, he seemed to cope better than most who have gone up against her!

He did indeed. His fighting style with a bit of work reminded me of... Anyway, he showed he could overcome his disability and might become a regular daredevil :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    He did indeed. His fighting style with a bit of work reminded me of... Anyway, he showed he could overcome his disability and might become a regular daredevil :D
    He's Stick's Dad, you heard it here first. ;-)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is season 2 gonna be shown on fox?
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they even started filming in the US?

It will be next year no doubt.

Enjoyed Peggy and co, will enjoy season 2
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that it? OK, pleasant enough, but I hadn't realised it was so short. I was enjoying it more after Peggy got exposed as being a good agent, and started getting respect from her colleagues, but then it ended. And it ended with someone else taking the credit, which looks suspiciously like a reset. I hope she's not back to coffee duties next season.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next season is going to be based in:
    Los Angeles, in a branch of the SSR led by Agent Sousa, according to something I read yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I'm onl,y four episodes in, does it get better? I mean, there's nothing wrong with what I've seen, but I want more.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GingerRob wrote: »
    I'm onl,y four episodes in, does it get better? I mean, there's nothing wrong with what I've seen, but I want more.

The later episodes ratchet up the action and drama. It's worth keeping going
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    The later episodes ratchet up the action and drama. It's worth keeping going
    Good to know, thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was also surprised it was only a short season, considering Shield was the regular 20+

I'm not too bothered. I like the fact that US series are now producing 10-12 ep seasons so you're not committed to over 6 months watching one series.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also surprised it was only a short season, considering Shield was the regular 20+

I'm not too bothered. I like the fact that US series are now producing 10-12 ep seasons so you're not committed to over 6 months watching one series.

I'd prefer if all shows were 13 eps. They wouldn't need mid season breaks then.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

22 episodes per season is too much sometimes. I'm glad they didn't kill off the bad girl. She's a good character. More kick ass fighting required between her and Peggy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was only commissioned as a mid season series and those tend to be short; also it was meant to just cover the time needed to finish the filming of the 2nd half of SHIELD. I thought the short run enabled them to tell a well paced story.

Loved the finale, Dottie back next series? I enjoyed the tie back to Captain America Winter Soldier at the end. I don't think the fact that Thompson means it's a reset; Peggy now had the respect in the SSR. Externally it would have probably have been negative on the SSR if a 'woman' was seen to have saved the day i.e. they may have all been cast as fools to the politicians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    When is season 2 gonna be shown on fox?

Right now we have no idea. Series 2 won't be on in the US until January next year. We don't know if FOX UK will simulcast or show close to US airing or wait a year from now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or if it will transfer to a main freeview channel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOX UK bought the first two series.